Prices .

super-pede

Arachnobaron
don't let the more seasoned members pick on ya cause you're 12.you started at a good age and will be more experienced then some of the others that started later(around 20-30).

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
not to even beat this drum any longer than it has been. Redneck is right, theres a search function to answer these questions you've come up with. AND to throw in my own 200ths of a dollar...when i last opened my mouth in a room full of "somebodies" i was kindly asked to sit down and shut up becuz i didnt know what i was talking about. the lesson i learned was P. metallica are harder to breed and yes due to people not wanting to lose their pride and joy its hard to just openly send it off not knowing the outcome. as for M. balfouri, from what ive learned the females have a ridiculously small sack. sometimes only a hand full of babies emerge. which is why the price on these species remains high.

so to jump the gun and say its easy to do (when u have no experience in the matter) is kind of foolish. ive been "trying" the breeding thing for almost 2 years now and ive gotten 1 unplanned sack (bought a gravid female) 2 viable 50/50's and tons upon tons of disappointments. i was breeding low ends and "easy" species at that. Good luck with your versi and rose hair, get pictures and keep records becuz the first dozen or so breeding attempts are simply trial and error (in my experience) and u can always look back to see what worked and what didnt ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
But how do you know they are trying so hard ? I know Robc is ! Yeah , his first sac wasnt succsesful , but he is gonna pull the next one he gets a few days after its made , and they're will be a boost a little bit .
Why does everyone worship Rob? He just has really good enclosures tutorials, he doesn't teach or inform anyone about anything (Not bad mouthing you Rob, you are way more knowledgeable than I am. I am just not sure about how your fans work.) :?

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I wonder the same as Chocoboizm.

Last edited:

harmroelf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Smallara u talk nonsense, but I congratulate u with the attention u got so far....

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If I recall correctly, & someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but haven't several people said that the P. metallic numbers tend to run high in the male department? If you're trying to get new blood from different sacs & you have an issue of tons of males, I could see how breeding could be a major issue.

Nope but am gonna with my rosea and versicolor pretty soon . All I have to do is find a MM for both , which shouldn't be too hard with these species .
Well, if what you're saying about the P. metallica & M. balfouri holds true to your own Ts, shouldn't you, like, already have MMs for your G. rosea & A. versicolor? Heck, shouldn't you have sacs by now? I thought you were looking to buy an A. bicoloratum.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Redneck, Talon, I applaud you for not reaching out and slapping <edit>. I recall his sentence that said Pokies are easy to breed, they just need to do it!

Ok smalls, I am sure you are in bed snuggled up to your Scooby Doo Blankie, but let me tell you this.... it is not easy! In fact there is probably more luck in it than anything. Me... I don't have very good luck. I have had probably 7 unsuccessful attempts with my first semi almost sort of successful attempt that is looking better but still only 40 other things can go wrong before I have slings.

Believe me when I say this bubba, before you really start pissing people off... You should just put the keyboard down and maybe just use the mouse for a bit and read. To say this is "easy" when you have never done it before just slapped EVERY breeder BIG small and in between right in the face.

Joe - CAK

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I sat here and read the entire thread, and I have read several threads the OP has posted in and have REFRAINED from commenting, but this has got be his/her worst.

I like, 'some won't risk their male (P met), you have no clue, 'Just let them DO IT'....

I have never ever called anyone a troll, but you fit the bill to a T.

Read, ask intelligent Q's, and try learning from experienced T keepers, thats what I do.

I currently have two 5" P met females freshly molted and a fresh MM, I am reading all I can and asking all my friends who have attempted to breed them for any advice before I let them DO IT all they want.

Saving a MM for fear of losing him is like taking your sister to the prom, your not getting kissed, and you Ain't getting lucky afterward.

I will never again even open a thread you start.

Go breed your versi and rosie, males are easy to find:cool:

PIG-

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Smallara, I applaud your enthusiasm, really I do. But you have quite a bit to learn. I think you should definitely go right ahead and breed your versi and rose. Let us know a year from now how it worked out.

Bottom line; it is absolutely NOT as easy as you think. You don't just throw them in together and pull out baby spiders six months later. The female has to be freshly molted, well fed and just plain receptive. Sometimes the male is very skittish and won't do the deed. Mommas's will eat or abandon the sac for any of about 100 different reasons. Some species are very picky about temps and/or humidity. The list goes on and on.

I get that it is in the nature of someone as young as yourself to think you know everything about anything and argue your point until death but really, please do chill out. You're not making any friends like this. There are people here who have been doing this for many years, even decades; literally since before you were born. To have some kid with 2 or 3 T's come in here and say "Aww shucks, it's easy. Just do it" is downright insulting. You don't think they've been working on it?

And by the way, RobC is very good at what he does but if you really want to learn about breeding Poecilotheria you should search out and read some threads by Talkenlate04. He isn't very active with tarantula breeding any more but in a span of a few years he produced an incredible amount of sacs from several different species of Poecs.

Search, read, learn, absorb and then come run your mouth, once you have something to flap it about.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey smalls. Keep the passion, keep learning, keep your' keyboard and mouse and stay on the site. It's always appreciated to have more T enthusiasts. However, for people using the search function finding posts without experience (People want to breed, spend a lot of money to get things right because they think its easy, then lose it because its hard) you may be providing them a disservice unless you have a little more knowledge and experience in those areas.

Keep on trucking little guy! You'll be a great asset to this hobby at some point I'm sure. Perhaps just give more advice on what you've learned empiracly? At least then people will leave you alone and not "flame" you.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
At least then people will leave you alone and not "flame" you.
Flaming? We aren't flaming him. He is doing a pretty good job making enemies on his own.

Go breed your versi and rosie, males are easy to find:cool:

PIG-
In fact smalls... I have a MM Rosie I will send you completely free of charge if you promise to post all of the details on how "easy" this really is.

Joe

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats other peoples opinions of course , but I dont see why the versicolor isnt expensive ? I know in a couple of years , the metallica will be 40 dollars as slings .
Maybe, just maybe, because A. versicolor has been established in the hobby for some time now, and is also easier to breed?

But metallica is just as easy to breed as any other pokie . Its not hard . They just need to do it . They are just as easy to breed as any other pokie IMO . Same with balfouri .
Thanks for the laugh! :)

By the way, your (incorrect) punctuation is quite annoying to read.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
For some species you need first a freshly molted and willing female as you probably know, then if pairing goes well you might have to simulate rain season and then a dry season ect ect depends on the climate they come from and breeding period.
I know Phalagorn did it this way with Theraphosa blondi many years ago and got over 170 sling from the sac. Must be a record:worship:

If you wanna get in to breeding project i think you should start with B. albopilosum , B. vagans, G. rosea (witch can take up to a years before a sac is made) and A. versicolor, A. geniculata.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For some species you need first a freshly molted and willing female as you probably know, then if pairing goes well you might have to simulate rain season and then a dry season ect ect depends on the climate they come from and breeding period.
I know Phalagorn did it this way with Theraphosa blondi many years ago and got over 170 sling from the sac. Must be a record:worship:

If you wanna get in to breeding project i think you should start with B. albopilosum , B. vagans, G. rosea (witch can take up to a years before a sac is made) and A. versicolor, A. geniculata.
I have 3 of those species , and next molt for the albopilosum , I will have 3 breeding projects to be done .

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The best way to learn is through experience, let us know how it goes. You'll probably come to understand within a few months why you got the responses you did in this thread.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The best way to learn is through experience, let us know how it goes. You'll probably come to understand within a few months why you got the responses you did in this thread.
Now that I realize it , I probably will . But look at the LP , or rosea , I just dont get how the metallica cant go where they are ? Oh thats right , they make 60 slings in the sac :eek: