Wanted to do something new again. :D

0.0.1 Poecilotheria subfusca Pocock, 1895

0.1 Poecilotheria formosa Pocock, 1899

0.0.1 Poecilotheria rufilata Pocock, 1899

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
Raqua said:
Poecilotheria rufilata, fresh post molt subadult male. Aprox. legspan 5 inches.

Very nice! If you happen to have a 1024 x 768 version of the second that you wouldn't mind me adding to my wallpaper collection please email it to michael@spidershoppe.com.

Cheers,

Michael

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
HAAAAA!! You guys are actually filling my spider wishlist with P. formosa, p.regalis, p.ornata, p.rufilata, p.metallica, p.subfusca!! Noooo, what am i to do!!?!? Great spider collections, you have my compliments!!

phil.

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi
Please help me.How big is P. subfusca?? I read it is 25-27 cm long. I heard that: The subfusca is the smallest Poecilotheria. What is the true ???

thank

Didymus

Arachnopeon
brachy said:
Hi
Please help me.How big is P. subfusca?? I read it is 25-27 cm long. I heard that: The subfusca is the smallest Poecilotheria. What is the true ???
P. subfusca is one of the biggest Poecilotheria.

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank. My first info is true. I think that. I don t know why exist that bad info.

J_ustin

Arachnopeon
Today 03:04 PM
Didymus Quote:

P. subfusca is one of the biggest Poecilotheria.
P. subfusca is one of the smallest if not the smallest sp of Poecilotheria. Averaging around 15-17 cm LS, 5.5 - 6"

My adult female is somewhere within this measurement.

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
J_ustin said:
P. subfusca is one of the smallest if not the smallest sp of Poecilotheria. Averaging around 15-17 cm LS, 5.5 - 6"
Hi Justin,
Yours may be that small, and indeed most in captivity may be that size, but P.subfusca can attain a massive size, as evidenced by those types found in the museums. For example, unless the synonymy of P.bara is incorrect (now considered to be P.subfusca), it is a true monster in the world of pokies.

Steve

spiderPeter

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here is pucture of adult female of Poecilotheria subfusca. I know it`s not the best quality, but it can give you imagination what size they can reach... As you see, her front legs aren`t fully reach out, so the real size is for sure over 22 cm.... She is really huge... :)

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She is very nice. I read on lots of books, web pages and tipic size of subfuscas. There write thats is biggest poecilotheria with ornata. I dont, now why is that bad information. I heard sometimes her are smolest,but this happend whit other spiders. I read:the metallica is quite small poecilotheria, but my friend said it s not very small :S. On online is very litle informations of this genus :(

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
spiderPeter said:
Here is pucture of adult female of Poecilotheria subfusca.
Hi Peter,
They get bigger then that too :) Again, the P.bara type specimen has a carapace 30mm long by 24mm. Yours looks to be about 25mm long. There just aren't too many theraphosids anywhere in the world that get that big (considering the pokie legspan), that is enormous. The P.rufilata type has a carapace 30mm long too ;)

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Kris

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Steve Nunn said:
.....The P.rufilata type has a carapace 30mm long too ;)
Hi Steve,

i can totally ratify that! {D
The carapace ist over 30mm long.