Genus Poecilotheria

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
Yummy indeed. Nice pix, Eric. My largest female just molted so once she fattens up I'll post some photos. I have a post-molt subadult female ready for a photo shoot as well.

I have one concern/question though about the increasing percentage of photos in this thread with spiders on hands or arms. I'm not going to debate handling tarantulas in general, or Poecs specifically (I personally do not handle my spiders because I want them left alone in as natural conditions as possible because they are breeders, not pets). Instead I would argue the point that these spiders look so much nicer when photographed in a well-created diorama or on a natural foliage or bark/wood background [preferably outdoors beneath natural light]. I care nothing for the appearance of male human hands ;)

Cheers,

Michael

Last edited:

maxamillian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
All of these Pokeys are beautiful. I can't wait to get one for myself...can't decide between P. Regalis or P. Rufilata.

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P.Metallica !!!! all i can say is :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: I WANT !!!!!!

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Go for the regalis. The contrast is amazing, and they are a very inexpensive pokie species to start with.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i want a pokie, specifically a formosa! but i just dont know if i can justify the expense.
this is your big chace formosa owners, flaunt em! Persuade me! :D

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Nice! So where in Chilliwack do you find such gems? Did you get it mail order?

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Lorgakor said:
Nice! So where in Chilliwack do you find such gems? Did you get it mail order?
That cutie came from animal house on luckakuck way, the rest of my pokies came from bruce carr and dave avery(avery exotics) I now have every sp in the pet trade except subfusca

rozz williams

Arachnopeon
Very, very nice picture! :D I want it in 1024x768 resolution!! {D please...... :worship:
All the best
Rozz

Raqua

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Send me email to that address on the pic, just to remind me .... And please, put "P. regalis" in subject, otherwise your email might be deleted as spam ... :)