Genus Poecilotheria

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow!!! That is the black form, I would give anything to have one of those, especially a female! She's stunning. And where abouts in SoCal you live? Would love to see this lady or any babies she makes;)
Why is this a "black form"? Looks normal to me. Folks are used to seeing pictures of young specimens.

Eric

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was actually going to say the same thing. Just looks like an old female to me.
she is not old, little over 3 years, produced in 07 by Tom Agusta
I got it as spiderling and raised since
got one more looking also little darker then others
also have lighter
this one most likely dew for molt soon

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Hey Ana, did you sell him that spider ? I guess so cause how else would you know the age. I've always felt that P. metallica is the brightest around 4 inches or so. All my metallica were bright blue when younger, but are darkening with age.
Later, Tom

How old is a old Pokie anyways?

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tom,
Yes, I did,
I herd from folks who kept Poecilotheria genus for many years that life span between 10-12
I cant back it up, I didnt keep Poeci genus for to long yet to know it for my self
but I Am sure planning to
Beautiful female, how old is that one?

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, if that's just an age thing, it kinda makes me want one even more :drool: That black with the blue low lights I think might be more stunning then their earlier color.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Tom,
Yes, I did,
I herd from folks who kept Poecilotheria genus for many years that life span between 10-12
I cant back it up, I didnt keep Poeci genus for to long yet to know it for my self
but I Am sure planning to
Beautiful female, how old is that one?
Yea I figured around 10 years too, Think the one in my pic is from the 2nd or third batch that came into the states. Forgot how long ago that was.

Later, Tom

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
got one more looking also little darker then others
also have lighter
this one most likely dew for molt soon
I have adult females from that same sack here to but they are still blue hehe!
-Chris

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had females who looked exactly like that one at one point or another, so I'm just curious. Some others females seemed to get a lot more "white" as time went on. I really don't' think Tommy had any different stock than the rest of us were working with.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had females who looked exactly like that one at one point or another, so I'm just curious. Some others females seemed to get a lot more "white" as time went on. I really don't' think Tommy had any different stock than the rest of us were working with.
Eric,
Am sure he didn't, I had a group from his sac 23 to be exact I sold few, I lost few and I raised few.
The one in the picture is one of them
Now I just like to say, I have been raising quite a few of P. metallica over past 4 years and at this point have large group of approx 6 dozen or more all different sizes genders from few imports and US produced
Watching them grow, I noticed some very minor color differences between several specimens some are darker (deeper purple sheen)then others, some lighter (light blue/gray) and even blueish greenish/turquoise
All with in few weeks after molt.
Am not always have time to snap pictures and Am very bad of keeping notes and been organized
Hopefully I will try to find time to grab few pictures in the future
and I did saw an older females with quite a bit of "white" is well is darker ones
Who knows, P metallica wasn't around long enough, there maybe few surprises

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Possibly pen-ult regalis

P. miranda

---------- Post added 04-06-2011 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-05-2011 at 11:41 PM ----------

P. rufilata

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Poecilotheria miranda

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Poecilotheria subfusca