Genus Poecilotheria

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Thanks everyone. And cheers to Tunedbeat on your recent sac. (big fan of your pics btw) After clearing away some duds it looks like I have about 60 post embryos.

Philth: not early to marry?
Sorry I dont understand, prehaps you can re-phase this question?:?

Later, Tom

4tec84

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awesome!

Looks like captive breeding is finally starting to pick up with this species. :clap:

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks, guys!

Awhile back, I dissected the tarsal claw from the P. subfusca's previous molt and came out with two images. The first photo is compiled of four different images. Second, is compiled of ten, all stacked in Helicon Focus. Hopefully, I can come out with some cleaner images next time around, as I'm still trying to refine my technique.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thought i would post some pics in here as well

I can see you!!!

Female P. Ornata molt (taken with my cheap camera):

P.ornata male matured:

P.Ornata slings molting into 4th instar (pics):

Stunning post-molt pics of my female P. Ornata

Got some really great close-up pics of my newly molted female P. Ornata. She's got a lot of purple!! Absolutely beautiful T!!!

MM P.fasciata sperm web (suction caught on video)

My Wife caught our MM P. Fasciata making a sperm web & you can actually see him sucking the sperm off the sperm web with his emboli!! pretty cool
stuff!!

[youtube]kJRq9NNDToA[/youtube]

Breeding P. Fasciata - outside the tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m53J9wke_JY

Male P. Rufilata Molt

I looked into my male P. Rufilata's enclosure to find that he'd molted overnight. He gained quite a bit of size and looks stunning! Here's some pics:

Female P. Formosa - Fresh molt pics

My female P. Formosa molted last night - she is simply stunning and about 6.5" now.

MM P. Regalis (Mature Molt):

P.ornata colony pics

I had to change the container for the ornata colony so I thought I'd get a few pics of them in their new home. They are now 5th instars and almost 3". They are doing well:

P.metallica sling:

Female P.pederseni post-molt:

Close-up shot of her carapace:

5th instar P.ornata post-molt:

4tec84

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks, guys!

Awhile back, I dissected the tarsal claw from the P. subfusca's previous molt and came out with two images. The first photo is compiled of four different images. Second, is compiled of ten, all stacked in Helicon Focus. Hopefully, I can come out with some cleaner images next time around, as I'm still trying to refine my technique.

Jaw dropping!!

Those pics are insane...........:worship: :worship:

BTW what lens did you use??

Sooner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is my juvenile P. regalis. He/she is only about 2.25" but I don't know the gender for this one yet. Is this too small to tell with the dorsal stripe?

Another view: