Please help, Phoneutria or very aggressive tropical spider infestation in my home

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I don’t wanna kill them for nothing , I don’t like killing anything alive but they r nasty things , if after the video I post you still think orbs then why so aggressive ? I thought orbs harmless and actually good to rid home of bugs .
Orbs are harmless, the only spiders you should keep your eye out for are black widows and recluses, and neither of them look like the spider you posted previously

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
All spiders are venomous, but the ones you have are no more capable of giving you seizures than I am.
Almost all spiders are venomous. The Uloboridae are not. They don't possess venom glands at all, relying instead on silk and regurgitated digestive enzymes to subdue and digest their prey.

NYAN

Arachnoking
This whole thing sounds super strange. It’s like a fever dream. Armored spiders that attack people in their bathrooms. Are you sure this actually happened and it wasn’t a dream? Reading through your post @Beef queen, you seem to jump to the conclusion that you’re being bitten by spiders at night. Spiders, especially orb weavers do not wander into people’s beds and bite them often at all. You then mention the bathroom spider story. Do you have any photos of these ‘leathery spiders’ that attack dogs? It is not possible for them to breed with orb weavers. You also mention that you don’t see any orb webs anymore, but you have photos of several orb weavers. What is going on? You claim that you know little about spiders but jump to all sorts of conclusions about how these spiders are ‘unlike any others.’ This whole thing seems very confusing and strange.

Last edited:

Jurdon

Arachnoknight
This whole thing sounds super strange. It’s like a fever dream. Armored spiders that attack people in their bathrooms. Are you sure this actually happened and it wasn’t a dream?
These spiders should hang out with the “new killer spider” D. crocata’s. I feel like they’d get along well

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There is another one. Hyptiodes Paradoxus? Crawford said there are two non venomous families.
That's right! I forgot about them!

These spiders should hang out with the “new killer spider” D. crocata’s. I feel like they’d get along well
They'd probably interbreed and produce a vicious new hybrid super-spider that would displace all the native Canadian spiders (who are far too polite to fight back). :D

Last edited by a moderator:

NYAN

Arachnoking
Troll thread
I don’t think it’s a troll thread necessarily. I think this person is being exaggerative, dramatic and jumping to conclusions though. They probably have been experiencing the neurological issues and skin lesions. Maybe they have been finding lots of orb weaver species too. They came here to ask for advice/our opinion.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I don’t think it’s a troll thread necessarily. I think this person is being exaggerative, dramatic and jumping to conclusions though. They probably have been experiencing the neurological issues and skin lesions. Maybe they have been finding lots of orb weaver species too. They came here to ask for advice/our opinion.
Troll. The spiders that have been photographed aren't capable of causing the injuries. They aren't. Troll.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Troll. The spiders that have been photographed aren't capable of causing the injuries. They aren't. Troll.
Yes, I’m well aware of this. I’m saying that the person originally came here for advice because for some reason they felt otherwise. I don’t think their original goal was to troll. Maybe I’m wrong though.

Beef queen

Arachnopeon
It could be Baphomet.
I think I’d prefer zebras , horses & baphomet riding them.
My friend in Dominican told me to make sure it not that phoneutria type . Like I said I know little about spiders and will be happy if these are orbs or something. Spiders are parasites though and most parasites can harm . I just wanted to know what these are . They make funnel webs and for sure I freaked out and don’t want any type of mass spider infestation in side my house, poison or not poisonous. but don’t feel I need to be made fun of for it .

NYAN

Arachnoking
I think I’d prefer zebras , horses & baphomet riding them.
My friend in Dominican told me to make sure it not that phoneutria type . Like I said I know little about spiders and will be happy if these are orbs or something. Spiders are parasites though and most parasites can harm . I just wanted to know what these are . They make funnel webs and for sure I freaked out and don’t want any type of mass spider infestation in side my house, poison or not poisonous. but don’t feel I need to be made fun of for it .

It’s certainly not phoneutria. You’re thousands of miles away from Wild populations. The spiders in your photo ARE orb weavers. We’ve identified the species too. Spiders are not parasites, they are predators. Parasites feed of of other animals in a parasitic manner. Spiders do not fit this description. What is happening to you medically is not spider related. The spiders making funnel type webs are not phoneutria either, and are not orb weavers. From now on, take a photo of any spider you see and post it here to be identified. Please ask any questions about them. Spiders don’t exactly infest homes. Spiders need a food source in order to do this. Orb weavers and funnel weavers typically occupy spaces outdoors also, except for the odd males which wander indoors at times. The only Canadian spider species which can harm humans is the black widow, and they aren’t even found in all of Canada. Please take a breath and understand that you’re not in any danger from the spiders in your home. Please read our responses too. Once you do this, I think things will get better for you.

Last edited:

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just because the spiders photographed are not capable of causing the injuries or problems described does not automatically mean that it's a troll thread. The typical "spider bite" report evolves backward, where the victim first experiences a mysterious lump, lesion, sore spot, open wound, or itchy bumps - then notices spiders (dead or alive) in the vicinity and attributes the "bite(s)" to those spiders.

My mom was absolutely convinced for years that she suffered from frequent hobo spider bites. She saw the spiders in her house all the time, she had these painful red bumps, and in her mind there was no question at all that the two were connected. We believed her for quite a while - until an especially nasty round where she had multiple "bites" - and then started telling us how the "venom" would go dormant for days or weeks at a time, then erupt all over again with new bumps. She also said it was spreading under her skin, and new "bites" would pop up near the previous ones, connected by little red lines where the venom had travelled. Of course, anybody who knows anything about spider bites know that spider venom does not behave like that - but staph infections do! Still, she was so convinced it was spiders, it took my sister and I together, sending her every MRSA horror story we could find, to convince her to see a doctor. Once she did, though, he gave her a round of antibiotics and the problems cleared right up! Yet even after all that, a year or so later when she had another round of the mysterious red bumps, she was certain it was spiders and we had to convince her to see the doctor and get antibiotics all over again. (Turns out, most of the spiders she was seeing weren't even hobo spiders at all. The feature she was using to identify them was the enlarged pedipalps - which meant she was identifying pretty much every brownish or greyish mature male spider she found as a hobo.)

Godzillaalienfan1979

Arachnoknight
Gize guize iem supre-spuked ie fownd somethin wif 4 legs or somethin that walks on water like jeyzuses and iem prety shur iz in the genyus of Hydrarchos exczeptt with FOUR LEGZ GUYS THEYRE ELVOLVLVINININ N ALL THAT n allsow freswatre or whatever

In all seriousness though, they're orb-weavers. The spiders you claim to have found live in South bloody America. I understand someone misunderstanding a species, but at least do SOME research before you make such outrageous. You have nothing to fear. Phoneutria lives very very far away, it could never even survive in Canada, and your house isn't "infested''.

Also, not one spider is parasitic. Period.

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
Could it be other bugs are responsible for the bites and our beloved arachnid friends got framed up?

Beef queen

Arachnopeon
All spiders are venomous, but the ones you have are no more capable of giving you seizures than I am.
Agreed ! I’m not trying to say that I got phoneutria, I looked it up n agree that it’s not that and the big ones orbs. I was scared after being bit. And there are thousands on the outside of home . My neighbors said same as you , big ones orbs but the little ones r some type of recluses. They said those are the ones that r viscous. When I had them all in a container the little ones actually killed the big ones but I thought they were the same type . And that there are wolf spiders in thier property. I was misinformed when I posted the phoneutria after talking to a friend of mine in Luperon dr , I kinda panicked . But I don’t think all these people need to make fun for it . Whatever , I guess if it makes them happy to make fun rather than inform that’s their problem.
Didn’t come on here to argue or whatnot . Thanks for the identification on the orbs.
I’ll send u a photo of the small ones n c what ya think.

Haha and yes people r the biggest parasite of all .
But spiders are too , they in the same class as ticks .
I was in school for parasitologist before I got sick .