Genus Phormictopus

BEN-V

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Amazing ! Looks like the Phormictopus cancerdies centumfocensis.

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, that male is BLUE!!!! Hm, just a question, guys... Are Phormictopus more burrowing or ground species?

phil.

duente

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
could the above sling be one year old?there was a sticker on the little box it was in which said "Dom.Repub. 05/2005" any opinions?:confused: my dealer brought it from Germany as he usually does with all his T's

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
bistrobob85 said:
Wow, that male is BLUE!!!! Hm, just a question, guys... Are Phormictopus more burrowing or ground species?

phil.
More of a ground species they are what you would call an obligated burrower in that they will use holes that are already there, in the years that I have kept them the only digging I have seen is from slings and an expecting mother... Greg

andy83

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ultimate male Phormictopus cancerides

Here are a couple of pics of my ultimate male P. cancerides. He is a real looker and does have a lady:)

BooYaKa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Phormictopus cancerides juvenile female after molt :)

Phormictopus platus/auratus subadult male after molt

Phormictopus platus/auratus subadult female :)

I love this genus :D

duente

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
molted last week :D dunno why it was so docile today,the rest of the time the only thing this thing doesn't bite is the air..(probably coz it can't hehe) anyway,i didnt miss the chance for a "hug" :D

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The starting pictures>

P. sp auratus? or platus ?

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
so that is a male then?? cause my Phormictopus cancerides looks the same ventrally.. nice T! sorry I dont know what kind it is though!

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok well thats what I thought.. no wonder mine is so nice and colorful!! well at least I have an in for breeding now! thank you very much for the response you have one amazing collection from what I have seen!

BakuBak

Arachnolord
Old Timer
do You think that there is such sp as P.antillensis ?? there is no hint about that sp in Platnic's catalog .... ??

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello!

I wonder do You really believe that absolutely MOST of Your pics marked as P. canceridea are really so???
Funny thread indeed...