Philth's non-theraphosid mygalomorph and true spider photo thread.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
You have indeed an amazing assortment, variety of spiders and Theraphosidae, Philth. High five for you.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Macrothele monocirculata from China that I bred in 2007. These were awesome spiders, but no longer available.

Later, Tom

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Macrothele monocirculata from China that I bred in 2007. These were awesome spiders, but no longer available.

Later, Tom
Macrothele calpeiana is also a great spider. These are a spider family no one wants to get bitten by. I think they are more potent than OBT'S.. same family of Atrax robustus lol why i think not dangerous like them.

---------- Post added 06-23-2015 at 09:45 AM ----------

Macrothele are beautiful! I will own one one day but...not any time soon!
They are easy to find (Macrothele as genus, i mean) in USA? In Europe are somewhat common.. Germany, Poland, Hungary etc

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Macrothele calpeiana is also a great spider. These are a spider family no one wants to get bitten by. I think they are more potent than OBT'S.. same family of Atrax robustus lol why i think not dangerous like them.

---------- Post added 06-23-2015 at 09:45 AM ----------

They are easy to find (Macrothele as genus, i mean) in USA? In Europe are somewhat common.. Germany, Poland, Hungary etc
Macrothele calpeiana is the one I'd probably get (first?), I see them pop up occasionally. I don't want something quite that venomous though any time soon. I just love that jet black color with all that web.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Macrothele calpeiana is the one I'd probably get (first?), I see them pop up occasionally. I don't want something quite that venomous though any time soon. I just love that jet black color with all that web.
Do you have trapdoors in your collection? I don't because i don't like them much, but Cyclocosmia ricketti is unique, so strange.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do you have trapdoors in your collection? I don't because i don't like them much, but Cyclocosmia ricketti is unique, so strange.
Yes, I have an Antrodiaetus sp. that I caught and a Cyclocosmia torreya, because of the same reason that you like C ricketti.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Dolomedes okefinokensis

Deinopis weaving her catch net
[YOUTUBE]wiqAz8vASF4[/YOUTUBE]

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Heteropoda boiei pair

Cyphonisia sp."Tanzania"

Cyphonisia sp."Tanzania"

Cupiennius salei, St. Lucia mature male

Later, Tom

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Ctenidae sp. "Red Fang" Cameroon

Ctenidae sp. "Red Fang" Cameroon mature male

Ctenid sp. "Nigeria"

Africactenus poecilus

Heteropoda sp. "burgundy" ( Malaysia)

Later, Tom

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Lately a guy who owns one in Poland (Ctenidae "Red Fang") told me that they are very pretty badass spiders.
It's a spider, i have to admit, i'm very fascinated about.. but too little is know about their venom, and i have a no way policy for "hots" or "supposed hots".
Great spiders, however, Tom, as always.

From my point of view, you are a sort of Christopher Walken "King Of New York" of spiders :)

Hanska

Arachnobaron
I always get exited when I see this thread updated.
You have such a great taste in spiders.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Ctenidae sp. "Red Fang" Cameroon

Phoneutria boliviensis spiderling

Unidentified, Cameroon.

Later, Tom

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Where's the venom of those sp. "Red Fang" ranging? Like their relatives, or less potent?

And I totally dig your lunula! Gorgeous, gorgeous spider!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Where's the venom of those sp. "Red Fang" ranging? Like their relatives, or less potent?

And I totally dig your lunula! Gorgeous, gorgeous spider!
What i know about them is: they are great climbers, extremely fast, and with a better, good eyesight compared to T's.
About the venom - i don't know why - but i think that are less potent than Phoneutria sp. but definitely not a spider someone wanna get bitten by.
I consider those "Hots", however.