Species P. ornata

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
pretty cool. :)

arent you afraid they'll just eat each other?

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just curious, did you raise these guys from slings together? At what point did you introduce them to the communal set-up?

GAD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
eah thats cooool Im wondering About what mindutopia said too...

neilkane

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
pokies

are same family but not raised up toghether only introduced them tog 12 days ago. had set up tank so each spider had his hidy place and just introduced them to it one by one over 5 hours all 3 hid for 3 days well away from each other. plz check my main thread in discussions.

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P.ornata pic

not the best pic but this girl just dont stay still.!of my faves though

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
nice picture
really nice coloration, how big is it?
Male or Female?

Again nice pic,

James

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
awesome pics, I love pokies just never got one becuase I didnt feel I was ready yet, but Im buying a P. Metallica probably tomorrow.

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi,its definetly a female,shes 6-7yrs old and is around 8inches,shes a big girl.I love pokies too but only have 4 at mo.This 1,2P.formosas in comunial tank and 1 P.metallica sling.U wont be dissapointed wiv your new P.metallica i promise

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Only 4 lol, wow 8 inches. How is their behavior in the communal setup?
Is it successful?

Thanks,

James

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are the P Metallica Sling hardy, I have a versi sling and im constantly worrying about how weak it looks. Are they good eaters?

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im also looking at some P.miranda and maybe P.rufilata too.In my communial setup the 2 P.formosas i have are doing very well,theyre are around 2inch mark still but doing gd none the less.They use the same hide and are feeding,moulting and acting normal.I find them very interesting.I also think that pokies really aint as bad as people say they are,none of mine are aggressive or particulaly defensive compared to my OBT and Haplos,they would all rather run and hide than bite

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hmm sounds neat,
im gonna just have to try a pokie for myself
i am really interested in one (most likely a regalis)
do they compare with psalmos?

Thanks,

James

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i think theyre alot hardier than something like an avic sp which tend to die for no apparent reason.Mines a pretty good eater too.Im constantly worrying bout my A.purpurea slings too.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
I had a P.ornata sling 1" once
A few days later it died
i dont know why but i ended up realizing it was from misting it too much...
Do they tend to like it more dry?
Thanks again,

James

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i spray my pokies about every 3days,i think theyre more tolerant of drier conditions than an avic lets say,but still i mist em well to be on safe side,but not too much as u found out.my metallica is kept on damp vermiculite wiv large cork slab inside that i get wet wen misting the sides.As for comparing wiv a Psalmopeous,well ive only got a P.cambridgei and in some respects theyre alike,i find my pokies slightly more active though,but i keep em just about the same i spose.

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Midnightrdr456 said:
awesome pics, I love pokies just never got one becuase I didnt feel I was ready yet, but Im buying a P. Metallica probably tomorrow.
Where from? (I'm in NY too :D)

Yes they are hardy like any other common poke is hardy. I have kept mine in the vials they came in since I bought them then once they molted gave them a bigger vial. The two I have eat like crazy so they should do well for you. I lightly mist it once a week. Humidity is good enough from the substrate.

Twysted

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes.. my metallica is hardy aswell and is one of the most skittish best eating T's I have.. I would highly recommend getting one to anyone thinking about it..