P.Murinus bite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Btw don't get tagged by the Forcipules of your Asian 'pede my friend, otherwise you would probably view the P.murinus bite as "walk in the park".

They are on another level, pain talking... bad news. Like not even when Tom Sawyer remained mentally traumatized after spotting aunt Polly's underwear :)
Scolopendra dehaani is definitely a step up. Worse bite than any tarantula. Then to some scorpions like my little Leiurus quinquestriatus, the Deathstalker, can kill you.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Scolopendra dehaani is definitely a step up. Then to some scorpions like my little Leiurus quinquestriatus, the Deathstalker, can kill you.
Ah, well... for sure. I was not even considering at all the 'potentially lethal' Arachnid/Inverts league :)

sasker

Arachnoprince
@Shampain88 You were holding your phone upright and it doesn't show very well on my 16:9 screen. Could you do the experiment again, holding your phone horizontally? Thanks. Much appreciated! :troll:

Seriously now. It was definitely a stupid thing to do, but very, very educational. We get many threads like 'I bought a OBT/Pokie/H. lividum as my first T. Does anyone have a caresheet?'. Thanks to your experiment we can now stop wasting time and just post a link to this thread instead of letting the question turn into a monster thread causing people headaches :banghead:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
my little Leiurus quinquestriatus, the Deathstalker, can kill you.
Pff..Mere childs play compared to my ex-wife... I do miss her lemon flavored pancakes.. They gave one hell of a head rush.. Deffinately worth all the vomiting.. She never would tell me her secret ingredient :rolleyes:...

Rhysandfish

Arachnoknight
This has me rolling around the floor screaming right now LOL. I think this is amazing. If you do more of these I WILL donate and send money to you to cover your hospital bills lol. Don't die though, cause then its going to be in the headlines "man gets bit by 3 foot brown recluse hybrid tree spider causing his brain to melt and giving his dog herpes!" :D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p:):):)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
@Shampain88 You were holding your phone upright and it doesn't show very well on my 16:9 screen. Could you do the experiment again, holding your phone horizontally? Thanks. Much appreciated! :troll:

Seriously now. It was definitely a stupid thing to do, but very, very educational. We get many threads like 'I bought a OBT/Pokie/H. lividum as my first T. Does anyone have a caresheet?'. Thanks to your experiment we can now stop wasting time and just post a link to this thread instead of letting the question turn into a monster thread causing people headaches :banghead:
Actually, IMO this proves only the opposite. Proves that (brutal venom potency aside, but this is a fact we know) 'OBT' aren't the brutal eight legged monsters always depicted in the "legend", during decades. They don't necessarily always 'bolt out' when the lid is open. They don't try to always 'threat pose' you when you open the top for feed/watering/maintenance.

Shampain88, obviously, asked for a bite. Replace what he did with the P.murinus with the average NW intermediate and we will end to see the same result (different pain, of course).

This video proves this, to me. And the fact that Shampain88 has my respect for not giving a damn about other keepers judging him :)

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Ehh, I'll leave my honest response. Is it a dumb thing to do? Sure. Am I glad you did it? Yep

This is a perfect video for people to watch that think old worlds are a joke. Anyone that sees a bite from a small juvie bring a grown man to tears that fast will see things differently afterwords. As long as you left a very detailed bite report and no T's are harmed, I'd be cool with you taking all sorts of chomps from T's. The extra info might even be useful for future research.

Rhysandfish

Arachnoknight
I've been getting email notifs for every comment on this and pretty much every one is awesome. I'm glad to see that you're not getting crucified for doing that.

Shampain88

Arachnosquire
Ehh, I'll leave my honest response. Is it a dumb thing to do? Sure. Am I glad you did it? Yep

This is a perfect video for people to watch that think old worlds are a joke. Anyone that sees a bite from a small juvie bring a grown man to tears that fast will see things differently afterwords. As long as you left a very detailed bite report and no T's are harmed, I'd be cool with you taking all sorts of chomps from T's. The extra info might even be useful for future research.
Future research on my corpse? Nah haha I'm done... I might pinch grab a big Asian and get bit on the leg... lol no way am I ever getting tagged again... Why don't you take the OBT challenge? :D

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Just for my sick curiosity :angelic:

How much painful was the 'mechanical damage' alone, caused by the Chelicerae? Enough for bleed, ok, but on a pain level?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Damn man, when you sent me the second video I thought you were bitten by accident. Jeezus.

You ended up in the Royal for the night? Or only few hours?

Would you be willing to test the 11 other variants of murinus? For scientific research of course..

clive 82

Arachnoknight
After I got clamped on by an angry H.Gigas and had little to no side effects and just localised pain I decided I just had to experience the PAIN of an OBT bite... So I done it.. A few have seen my crying video but only 2 folks have seen this in its entirety... I was prepared for a bite and the T fell back in to her enclosure from about 6 inches high which was fine but in an uncontrolled environment if bitten you could launch a T across the room which is NOT good especially a heavy terrestrial... I was a curious idiot, this is not advisable EVER! EVER! Don't hate on this the T is fine but I wasn't lol, side effects for over a month, don't get bit folks...
Immediate regret lolol
Im just gonna go ahead & say it... Idiot!

OliverWhatever

Arachnosquire
Btw don't get tagged by the Forcipules of your Asian 'pede my friend, otherwise you would probably view the P.murinus bite as "walk in the park".

They are on another level, pain talking... bad news. Like not even when Tom Sawyer remained mentally traumatized after spotting aunt Polly's underwear :)
Don't give him ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.