P. irminia tips?

Swagg

Arachnoknight
Hey all,
So I picked up a P.irminia at repticon yesterday along with a C. versicolor. (couldn't pass up the deal I got). I'm pretty comfortable with the versicolor as I have some experience with Avics. I am, however, out of my element but confident with the irminia. any advice on the irminia would me much appreciated.
Thanks!

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
So I picked up a P.irminia at repticon yesterday along with a C. versicolor. (couldn't pass up the deal I got). I'm pretty comfortable with the versicolor as I have some experience with Avics. I am, however, out of my element but confident with the irminia. any advice on the irminia would me much appreciated.
You may find this thread helpful: A closer look at: Psalmopoeus irminia (Venezuelan Suntiger).

Let us know if you still have questions after reading it.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Standard non-Avic setup, enough slightly moist sub so they can burrow if they want to, wide bark piece leant against the side or into a corner, low level plant cover around the bark, and a water dish.

Non Avic setup 1.jpg
Non Avic setup 3.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey all,
Thanks!

Females are super pretty, males- not hah. I've had both.

They are reclusive, and this species is quite photosensitive compared to other members of the genus. You'll know when its hungry because they will have tips of toes at the burrow edge.

They are quite fast compared to Avics. Give it more space as they are zippy, prevents escapes better that way.

Swagg

Arachnoknight
Females are super pretty, males- not hah. I've had both.

They are reclusive, and this species is quite photosensitive compared to other members of the genus. You'll know when its hungry because they will have tips of toes at the burrow edge.

They are quite fast compared to Avics. Give it more space as they are zippy, prevents escapes better that way.
Any words of wisdom on rehousing?

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Never stick your fingertips into the enclosure would be my tip. I might grab the water bowl of some other t's with my hands but I would use extra long tongs for my Psalmopoeus. Probably a great idea to use tongs for everything anyways but I get lazy sometimes.

cold blood

Staff member

Sinned

Arachnosquire
One of the T's I would love to keep, but the speed that people describe freaks me out a bit. One day, one day maybe...

Swagg

Arachnoknight
One of the T's I would love to keep, but the speed that people describe freaks me out a bit. One day, one day maybe...
Mine so far hasn’t been bad at all. I gave it PLENTY of places to hide and it chose to chill out behind its cork bark. It’s the smallest sling I’ve ever had, like 3 instar. Which freaks me out more than the speed tbo lol

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
They can shift when they want to but they're not as willing to show their speed as cambridgei/pulcher/ecclesiasticus are in my experience.

Swagg

Arachnoknight
They can shift when they want to but they're not as willing to show their speed as cambridgei/pulcher/ecclesiasticus are in my experience.
I can attest to that. Looked at a cambridgi sling in the shop near me. Opened the lid to take a look and a breeze must have hit it the wrong way and it was gone. Surprised me, I had never seen speed like that before and wasn’t ready for it. The spider was out and across the desk before I knew really what happened.