Ozium in T room

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
When I was in school I smoked In my small T shed all the time they didn’t seem to mind or be affected in any noticeable way

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Another solution could be to keep the weed in a vacuum storage. You don't need to fully vacuum the box, only the just amount to give it a negative pressure so the smell wont scape.

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
because that stuff is terrible for you compared with the natural.
Hmm, possibly, i don't really know to be honest, but ingesting smoke of any kind into your lungs is "bad for you" and there's much worse things one can smoke. I prefer dabs because it's one and done, vs spending 15 minutes hacking your lungs out while smelling up the whole house and disturbing the neighbors. Not to mention, the product itself lasts longer and is more cost effective. It's a very popular and convenient choice, especially in places like here where it's legal.

cold blood

Staff member
Hmm, possibly, i don't really know to be honest, but ingesting smoke of any kind into your lungs is "bad for you" and there's much worse things one can smoke. I prefer dabs because it's one and done, vs spending 15 minutes hacking your lungs out while smelling up the whole house and disturbing the neighbors. Not to mention, the product itself lasts longer and is more cost effective. It's a very popular and convenient choice, especially in places like here where it's legal.
its chemicals...butane is one...definitely worse than the original plant that has zero additives.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Spiders are definitely affected by pot spoke. Saw a study that looked at the shape/layout of webs after exposure to pot and several other chemicals. The pot ones were definitely screwed up but if I remember correctly, caffeine and nicotine were even worse. They had others I just am not sure about

aprilmayjunebugs

Arachnosupporter
its chemicals...butane is one...definitely worse than the original plant that has zero additives.
You're probably correct to a certain extent, though if properly purged there should be very little remnants left over. Every once in a while we get some that tastes like it wasn't done correctly, and we won't continue to smoke that. I'm not an expert on how it's made though so I won't pretend to be. And flower is not always pure either, additives in the form of fertilizers and such can ruin the plant too if not applied at the right time ect. Plus every time you roast one you are inhaling traces of lighter fluid as well, so I'm not sure if there's much of a difference. Again though I'm no expert, chemist, or botanist. I'm terrible with plants in general.

ZHESSWA

Arachnopeon
I just find it funny how many users indulge in the green goodness haha glad to know I'm not alone there (had my medical card for years and now its even recreationally legal in Michigan for those 21+). I normally don't smoke in the same room as my inverts, but there has been occasions where I have both with my vaporizer and an actual bong. As long as your not blowing the smoke near the enclosures and you have a door or window cracked so the smoke doesn't build up I'd say its fine and I haven't noticed any ill effects. Now as far as spraying stuff, I strictly do not do that in my room which is where I keep all my animals. No Windex, cleaner, hair spray, cologne, perfume, candles, incense, or air freshener is allowed to be in or used in my room (if I need to freshen up the smell, I have a little wax thing that melts the wax slowly overtime. This way nothing is being burned and released into the air, and when done you simply can dump the liquid wax out). I just think the risks far outweigh the potential benefits. Idk what your situation is, but in my state its legal and for me specifically I'm covered as both a medical marijuana patient and being 21+. If you're in a situation where you're trying to cover up the smell then I would suggest using wax or carts like other suggested, invest in a vaporizer for actual flower (costly at first but very efficient in the long run and the smell is very minimal), or simply smoke outside in the open air.

aprilmayjunebugs

Arachnosupporter
When we were younger we used a floofer, which is just a paper towel tube stuffed with dryer sheets, to blow the smoke through. Worked pretty well to cut down the smell as I remember.

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thankfully with the future of scientific advancements and the vast kush advancements in just the last 20 years, I think I can wholeheartedly say that there exist concentrates that are arguably much less harmful to ingest than even flower! now we don't need to do butane extractions, you can do a cO2 extraction using liquid carbon dioxide, strips some of the terpenes but cO2 is arguably the most inert compound we regularly come in contact, there also exist pressed rosin (basically a very strong press for flower), yield is low but chemical composition is almost identical to flower with way less "filler", there's also the old school himalayan way which is a cold water extraction back home in north India, near the village of Manali (art of hashish passed down from father to son for well over a hundred generations, villages main export to most of Asia and Europe)that use ice water and other techniques to create a concentrate. That's just some out of probably a dozen different extraction techniques. I love flower as well, and vaporization of either flower or concentrate is definitely healthier than combustion but now a days you can get by with a tiny bit of well made oil and it's a hundred times more discreet. Maybe it was the prevalence of the vaping related illnesses that turned some people off but that's essentially entirely due to cutting agents used by grey market dealers that stupidly use food safe cutting agents not realizing that heat breaks them down into component molecules.

Chemically it's more analagous to beer vs whiskey nowadays :)

Your lungs can handle short chain plant oils very easily (long chain fatty acids cause lipid pneomonia) and a small bit of oil in a vaporizer will create much less carbon and tar and other potentially harmful components.

For the original poster, please don't use ozium in T room, try spraying a cricket and see what happens.

If smell is what your concerned about, get a double sealed box! ( Plastic bag inside box, box wrapped in bag inside second box).

aprilmayjunebugs

Arachnosupporter
@wesker12 , thanks for jumping in there with that very informative post. I was like idk man I just smoke the stuff :rofl:

LinotheleLover

Arachnosquire
I have a carbon filter + HEPA filter in my T room and I have an airtight gasket sealed container for my weed but when I use it the smell obviously lingers. I don't smoke in the T room BTW I just keep my stuff in there. I've always heard ozium is the best but again want to be sure first.

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, those two glycoles are used like pesticides for arthropods, so I wouldn't risk it. I don't wanna see another thread about my T has DKS...
Used in not as. Those two glycoles are used IN pesticides for arthropods. At 4%, the level is low enough for no serous side effects, except both will absorb and carry chemicals with them. LD50 for Daphnia is 48,000 mg/l.

Cannabis IS an pesticide. From 1900 to 1950's, farmers used to grow it, collect and boil it and spray crops to kill mites and other insects. It was also sprayed into ponds and streams to kill mosquito.

Today's cannabis is why more effective.

So, if you are going to smoke around your insects, basically spraying pesticide into the air, I think two glycoles with low toxicity will harm much.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Used in not as. Those two glycoles are used IN pesticides for arthropods. At 4%, the level is low enough for no serous side effects, except both will absorb and carry chemicals with them. LD50 for Daphnia is 48,000 mg/l.

Cannabis IS an pesticide. From 1900 to 1950's, farmers used to grow it, collect and boil it and spray crops to kill mites and other insects. It was also sprayed into ponds and streams to kill mosquito.

Today's cannabis is why more effective.

So, if you are going to smoke around your insects, basically spraying pesticide into the air, I think two glycoles with low toxicity will harm much.
True!

My fault reading the complete article, in the short version appears that they were used like a pesticide agent, but they are used like a penetrating agent to help pesticides to be more efective. (I don't know if the traduction is correct).

Last edited:

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
True!

My fault reading the complete article. They are used like a penetrating agent to help pesticides (I don't know if the traduction is correct).
They are both hydrophillic, so when they come in contact with any liquid they want to hold on to it. In causes with pesicides, they hold on to the pesiticde and then force enter into the cell because of the water content

Combining the cannibis with those two glycols will increase the LD of the cannibis, but I can not tell you by how much. But give that cannabis is lethal even in small doses, I can not say it will be a good thing for any invertebrate.