Other pets? Again?!

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
HEre is Comet when he was a year old, my dad threw a bandaid on the toilet lid (it was meant to go IN the bowl) and so my cat went onto the lid to play w/the bandaid. Then, he fell in !!!!

Attachments

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't get one thing. Why is it not acceptable if someone posts a bold printed message, even if it is not offensive in anyway? Can't people have a little humor these days without being misunderstood or picked on by anti-social people?

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
I don't think Johns was trying to be antisocial at all - he was just pointing out something that he thought she might want to know. People who are newer to posting and chat or who haven't got a lot of experience with it often don't realize that capital letters mean shouting. It's the same with email - all caps is shouting at someone. The comment he made about it being unacceptable was not meant (at least I believe so) to be a "slap down" - it is actually true, at least from what I've seen. Changing the color of a sentence to make it stand out has been, IME, a better way to emphisize what you are saying without "shouting". Johns was just pointing out Internet etiquite (I know I spelled that one wrong!), not trying to start a flame war. I would hope that none of us will take offense - we have a happy family here, let's all keep it that way :D

Gail

petartist

Arachnopeon
Here's just one of mine

This is Mantee, my latest Therapy Dog. What a clown.
The kids just love him. Yes , he is missing something
but, he moves so fast sometimes people don't notice right away.:}

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Petartist,

That is one very pround and proper looking pup.

John
}:)

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
dudes, I was just teasing JOhns about the whole capital bold shouting thing, so dont give him a hard time !! THANKS. (oops) :(

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My rotty/newfoundland mix his name is Kromm and my cat Queen Mab.

Last edited:

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Simple rule of thumb: If it's a popular hosting website (Tripod, Angelfire, Geocities, etc,.) they usually <b>WON'T</b> allow linking of pictures from their site to any other.

So basically, if you want to post pictures, you have to find another site. And in the case of your link, you can't just click on it either. You must <b>Right click on it, click properties, copy the URL and paste it in your Address bar</b> (You don't normally have to go to properties, but the board cut half the link off with periods.)

Top sekret info:

To post sites on Geocities, RENAME YOUR FILE TO A .TXT FILE!

Example with your pic. Rename it to kellyoliver.txt (You can do it right from the file manager on Geocities)

And link the "pic" right to the text file.

[ img ] http:// www.geocities.com /kellywakefield99 /kellyoliver.txt [ / img ]

Without the spaces, of course.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Here are some of the other animals Tamara and I keep. This is Cadmus -- my first ever snake.

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
This is Joka, my savannah monitor. Yes, that is scarring on her neck. She was not a happy lizard when I first got her.

Attachments

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
This is a (poor) picture of my cane toad Pygmalion (Pygy for short -- very appropriate).

Attachments