Other pets? Again?!

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Somewhat of a crappy pic but I don't have many of the Max dog in digital yet.

And although I have shown this one before I'm sure a few newer folks haven't seen Mary yet.

Not going to go into all the snakes and such as the thread would be pretty long then. :) That and I post pics of them pretty regular anyway.

Phil

Reitz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dorm room??? No excuse!

I have 5 emperor scorpions, 1 Hottentotta trilineatus, 3 C. gracilis, 1 H. spadix, and 2 P. trans. It' s not a huge collection, but if you keep it small, it can be done. My suggestion, get a $25 shelving unite--the kind you can take apart. Load it with inverts. Piece O' cake.

Chris

A question for Sugar Glider keepers, I'm getting a house next year with 3 other college students. We'd like to get a house pet. We thought about a cat, but I don't like cats. Then someone thought ferret, which is a thought. How are sugar gliders. Are they demanding pets (moreso, say, than cats)?

Thanks,
Chris

ORION_DV8

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
here is my puppy dog Gizmo (well he is 11), a.k.a. G-Dogg, Show Bizzmo, or the always popular Pepto Gizzmo doing what he does best eating :) i will post a better pic later

Attachments

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are gliders more dependant than cats...... For the most part but it depends on your demanding of demanding. They require specialized food but it is easy to make and can be found at any grocery store. They also require somewhere in the ballpark or at least a half hour to an hour per night of interaction to remain tame. If given what they need they are somewhat demanding but well worth any effort put into them.

I do however recommend anyone considering one do their research 1st as these animals bond very strongly and you dont want to get into them unless you are into a long term commitment.

sugarglider.net and sugarglider.com are very good info sites.

Phil

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Does Philip's dog look just like Orion's to anyone else?

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Similar looking yes but not quite the same. Max only has color on the left ear while the rest of him is white. Also his tail is docked ( I believe that's the term ) and much shorter although you can't see it in his pic. He is 100% Jack Russell for any that may have wondered also known as an RCA dog or the dog on Frasier.

Phil

pitohui

Arachnopeon
hey what about getting a mammal who wasnt fur in the wild like a blind mole or something instead of a man maded creature?