Ornithoctoninae care and info

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I wouldnt expect them to get the size of everetti or sabah, but definitely larger than rufus.

This female is currently at about 6" or a little more, and has been fully mature since last cycle. males mature around 4.5" and are extremely fragile/short lived... like weeks after maturity.

Shes hopefully gravid this time, as she molted out on my last round

SPYD3R9

Arachnopeon
so, i've been searching about the differences of C. sp Hatihati VS C. sp Sumatran tigers, both from Indonesia, Hatihati from Sulawesi Island, SumatranTigers from Sumatra Island, its kinda confusing to differentiate between both, kinda like G.rosea VS G.porteri situation

anyone can help me out?
here's my juvenile sp.Hatihati

Attachments

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
so, i've been searching about the differences of C. sp Hatihati VS C. sp Sumatran tigers, both from Indonesia, Hatihati from Sulawesi Island, SumatranTigers from Sumatra Island, its kinda confusing to differentiate between both, kinda like G.rosea VS G.porteri situation

anyone can help me out?
here's my juvenile sp.Hatihati
Well, they do look pretty different, not too hard to distinguish just based off pictures IMO.

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
theyre an extremely rare species even in your country
The Central Mindanao sp is the rarest of the three (South, Oriental & Central), certainly on my wishlist but still unlucky to find one.
I have three South Mindanao sp and all are shy and reclusive. Any small vibration is enough to make them run back their burrows.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
More pics.

C.shioedtei - 5.5" female

O. sp. Hati hati - Post mating cannibalism

P.everetti - Juvie female

Placebo

Arachnopeon
Hey having a hard time tracking down information on the P. Sp Rufus. I'm trying to find anything, name changes, etc. A part of me gave up and just settled with a general description of Phormingochilus. I would honestly like more information though, a better point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Hey having a hard time tracking down information on the P. Sp Rufus. I'm trying to find anything, name changes, etc. A part of me gave up and just settled with a general description of Phormingochilus. I would honestly like more information though, a better point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
It's still Phormingochilus sp. "Rufus" for now, I recently acquired a sling and I keep it the same as any other Asian arboreal species.

View media item 65459

Placebo

Arachnopeon
It's still Phormingochilus sp. "Rufus" for now, I recently acquired a sling and I keep it the same as any other Asian arboreal species.

View media item 65459
Yeah, I keep my P.Sp Rufus the same as my Pokies and my P. Cambridgei.
For the life of me I can't find actual information on them. I'm not looking for husbandry so much as I'm looking for taxonomy. Thank you Grim for the reply, I appreciate it.

docwade87

Arachnoknight
Anyone have any pics of O. Sp. malthai? Juvie and adult. Are they true fossorial or like to be arboreal. I have one I thought was c lividus but am being told it is O. Malthai. It did burrow and acted as fossorial for a while and now closed up its burrow and is always on top substrate. Need to rehouse it and want to make sure I do it right for the species it is. Thoughts?
8F1A2EED-88B7-4C3D-AD48-3F24037C8B50.jpeg

Last edited:

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Anyone have any pics of O. Sp. malthai? Juvie and adult. Are they true fossorial or like to be arboreal. I have one I thought was c lividus but am being told it is O. Malthai. It did burrow and acted as fossorial for a while and now closed up its burrow and is always on top substrate. Need to rehouse it and want to make sure I do it right for the species it is. Thoughts?
View attachment 336647
It looks like a small C.lividus to me, how big is it?

Arborealguy1990

Arachnopeon
How about Ornithoctininae Sp Phan Cay? Anyone keep them? I have a small 2 inch female grows like a weed, voracious appetite, any info is appreciated

spiderpilot

Arachnopeon
I have had a few everetti that id see legs, i have a huge adult sabah blue i NEVER see, my female rufus is occasionally visible, but as mentioned the only one Phormingochilus i see regularly is akcaya.

Lampropelmas all hide almost cosistantly, Cyriopagopus are invisible, i swear i keep expensive jars of dirt

View attachment 298338 View attachment 298339 View attachment 298338 View attachment 298339
Just picked up a Ackaya and Im glad to hear this. She is a hot head though lol, but I finally got what I wanted.

pandaking

Arachnopeon
I know that this is old, but does anyone keep Ornithoctoninae sp. Vietnam Silver and know whether they are more fossorial than arboreal? Thank you :)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I know that this is old, but does anyone keep Ornithoctoninae sp. Vietnam Silver and know whether they are more fossorial than arboreal? Thank you :)
I don't but just about every seller in the UK and the few EU ones I checked have them listed as fossorial.