Ornithoctoninae sp. Phan Cay Care

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
I used the search function and literally NOTHING came up. Does anyone know how to take care of them?

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I don't have experience with this exact species, but I've acquired some Ornithoctoninae recently and done lots of research. They tend to burrow as slings, then transition to be arboreal as juveniles and adults. I set them up with relatively deep, moist substrate, a cork flat leaned in a corner with the bottom 1/3 or so buried in the sub, and add some moss to help retain moisture and for them to build into web tubes if they want. They will almost always burrow at the base of the cork and either build a turret mound with the excavated substrate or build a web tube up the cork a ways.

Check out this thread from a little while ago about setting up Phormingochilus enclosures (which is a member of the Ornithoctoninae subfamily):

Phormingochilus thread

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Same care as any other arboreal species from the Ornithoctoninae subfamily (look up care for Lampropelma/Omothymus/Phormingochilus).

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
I found a link to AB using Google in 2 secs :rolleyes:
Really? What other threads did you find? I've used the advanced search multiple times and currently the only thing that pops up (except ads) is this thread.