NW Species

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
omg is that it hissing o-o whaatt. I saw a video of tarantulaguy1978 who's t blondi was making a similar noise walking around. But he said that was the noise she makes when moving and it wasn't hissing o-o

I think its a bit harsh for the guy to be prodding with a spoon though like come on man :/ but she is very beautiful definately :)

Sure they hiss :)
My baby even hiss at B.dubia, sometimes, before catching those :-s

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Actually friend there is plenty of places here where to find viking items, the only problem is that you are not allowed to keep it. :( You`ll have to handle over to the National museum. Damn them :banghead: Actuallly at Boeslunde a couple of kilometres from Skælskør where i am born and raised, they have found the biggest treasures from the vikings from time to time :kiss:
Well, but if no one spot you eh eh :angelic:

With a Viking giant sword founded buried in the earth for miracle.
- "What are you doing?"
- "Oh, nothing, just :bored: and then :singing: at the sea" :-s

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
That is really sad. Enclosure all wrong, not enough substrate, and the queen being shoved around like that...
@kooky
The story behind the Goddess cult is that the common name or P.muticus is king baboon. But since it is only the females getting big and beautiful, most people are starting to referring it by Queen Baboon, with all the pressure from the crazy Italian....:p

kooky

Arachnosquire
That is really sad. Enclosure all wrong, not enough substrate, and the queen being shoved around like that...
@kooky
The story behind the Goddess cult is that the common name or P.muticus is king baboon. But since it is only the females getting big and beautiful, most people are starting to referring it by Queen Baboon, with all the pressure from the crazy Italian....:p
ah that makes sense.

But here is my question, where are the cults for other species, i mean my freshly moulted Euathlos sp.red is a tiny 1inch slightly pink, goddess to me <3 (hopefully)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Without wanting to sound :pompous: I took the credit for that, I started the Goddess Cult, and I gained disciples and followers, and the heretics are just only a small %

I cannot lie that the goal is this, pure and simple:

Matabuey

Arachnosquire
If you're buying from the TheSpiderShop, it tells you the country they are from. Anything from North or South America is New World, Old World's are T's from Asia, Africa, Europe, Australia.

If not, just Google the genus and see where it's from.

The idea is to ideally treat all T's as potentially dangerous. As you might be allergic to the vemon of a B. Smithi.
You cannot be allergic to venom without prior exposure. Before you spew out incorrect information, at least take the time to learn how anaphylaxis works.

louise f

Arachnoangel
Oh, while indeed you are beauty like a Valkyrie (not Val Kilmer, uh) no, I said "if no one spot you hunting Viking relics" you can took those eh eh :)
Ohh hehe :bag::bag: :embarrassed: Hahaha no i dont hope you mean Val Kilmer either, that would be a horror :D:p

kooky

Arachnosquire
If you're buying from the TheSpiderShop, it tells you the country they are from. Anything from North or South America is New World, Old World's are T's from Asia, Africa, Europe, Australia.

ah ok that helps, thanks :)

basin79

ArachnoGod

You cannot be allergic to venom without prior exposure. Before you spew out incorrect information, at least take the time to learn how anaphylaxis works.
Thanks, I didn't know that (obviously). Having heard reports of humans being stung by a bee or wasp I just assumed you didn't know how you where going to take the venom.

Also well done for being the big man on the net with your "spew out" comment.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ah that makes sense.

But here is my question, where are the cults for other species, i mean my freshly moulted Euathlos sp.red is a tiny 1inch slightly pink, goddess to me <3 (hopefully)
Sssh don't tell @Chris LXXIX but I'm part of an alternative cult that celebrates the beauty of large feisty nw terrestrials as in Pamphobeteus or Phormictopus at the minute the goddess in my eyes is my big brown non hissing but extremely beautiful Pamphobeteus sp mascara female see not all brown spiders need to hiss to be beautiful. As for your E sp red I agree my adult female sp red is amazing and a true gem in the hobby that everybody should keep

Attachments

Matabuey

Arachnosquire
Thanks, I didn't know that (obviously). Having heard reports of humans being stung by a bee or wasp I just assumed you didn't know how you where going to take the venom.

Also well done for being the big man on the net with your "spew out" comment.
Again that is due to prior exposure of some form. A lot of people do not remember their first exposure, according to my parents i was apparently stung by a wasp twice as a child, but i have no recollection whatsoever.

But in some cases you may have an allergic reaction to Bees on your first sting, if you have been stung by a fire ant for example. As many vespids share some common allergens. Thus in this scenario a Bee may be able to elicit an anaphylatic shock.

Much like if you have become sensitive to Cobra (Naja) venom, you very well may be sensitive to most Elapids, due to them sharing three finger toxins.

kooky

Arachnosquire
Sssh don't tell @Chris LXXIX but I'm part of an alternative cult that celebrates the beauty of large feisty nw terrestrials as in Pamphobeteus or Phormictopus at the minute the goddess in my eyes is my big brown non hissing but extremely beautiful Pamphobeteus sp mascara female see not all brown spiders need to hiss to be beautiful. As for your E sp red I agree my adult female sp red is amazing and a true gem in the hobby that everybody should keep
what a beautiful t. I agree with you, i dont think there is a single NW i have seen and not though of as a goddess in its own right :)

basin79

ArachnoGod
Again that is due to prior exposure of some form. A lot of people do not remember their first exposure, according to my parents i was apparently stung by a wasp twice as a child, but i have no recollection whatsoever.

But in some cases you may have an allergic reaction to Bees on your first sting, if you have been stung by a fire ant for example. As many vespids share some common allergens. Thus in this scenario a Bee may be able to elicit an anaphylatic shock.

Much like if you have become sensitive to Cobra venom, you very well may be sensitive to most Elapids, due to them sharing three finger toxins.
I understand the snake venom.

Well I've learnt something today. Thanks.

It still doesn't change my view on building up to certain T's though. Get the T YOU want rather than one that might serve a purpose.

kooky

Arachnosquire
I understand the snake venom.

Well I've learnt something today. Thanks.

It still doesn't change my view on building up to certain T's though. Get the T YOU want rather than one that might serve a purpose.
its not about serving a purpose. I would want every t if i could. I just wanted advice on NW t's that are similar to many OW, because that way its less potent and then i can decide if i actually want to dive into the faster and more potent t's. sorry if it came across as having some sort of agenda, that wasn't my plan. I got so many pets and love them all dearly :)

basin79

ArachnoGod
its not about serving a purpose. I would want every t if i could. I just wanted advice on NW t's that are similar to many OW, because that way its less potent and then i can decide if i actually want to dive into the faster and more potent t's. sorry if it came across as having some sort of agenda, that wasn't my plan. I got so many pets and love them all dearly :)
Like I typed OP this wasn't a go at you. Not a all. You do what you want to do. There are loads of absolutely stunning T's out there both with medically significant venom and not.

You're certainly not coming across with someone with an agenda. Far from it. You're taking steps you want to take.