NW Species

kooky

Arachnosquire
Like I typed OP this wasn't a go at you. Not a all. You do what you want to do. There are loads of absolutely stunning T's out there both with medically significant venom and not.

You're certainly not coming across with someone with an agenda. Far from it. You're taking steps you want to take.
thank you :) ill have to start a picture thread soon with the amount of slings i have and the rate at which the collection is growing :D

basin79

ArachnoGod
thank you :) ill have to start a picture thread soon with the amount of slings i have and the rate at which the collection is growing :D
I'm hoping to get some pics of some of my inverts today.

kooky

Arachnosquire
I'm hoping to get some pics of some of my inverts today.
speaking of inverts, is it bad that i love my dubai roches. I bought two packs of babies that im planning to start feeding to my slings when they get larger. But i literally love them to pieces and am dreading the day it comes to feeding them to my t's. I even named the big one danny xDD

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I haven't done individual species but these are new worlds
Acanthoscurria
Ami
Aphonopelma
Avicularia
Brachypelma
Bonnetina
Bumba
Catumiri
Crassicrus
Citharacanthus
Cyriocosmus
Crypsidromus
Cyclosternum
Cyrtopholis
Chromatopelma
Dolichothele
Euathlus
Eupalaestrus
Ephebopus
Grammostola
Hapalopus
Homoeomma
Holothele
Iridopelma
Kochiana
Lasiodora
Lasiodorides
Megaphobema
Metriopelma
Nhandu
Pamphobeteus
Pachistopelma
Phormictopus
Psalmopoeus
Phrixotrichus
Plesiopelma
Pterinopelma
Reversopelma
Sericopelma
Sphaerobothria
Stichoplastoris
Tapinauchenius
Thrixopelma
Theraphosinae
Theraphosa
Vitalius
Xenesthis
That's all I can remember and im sure I've missed some and my spelling may be off but all these are nw. Some may no longer exist or not be in the hobby at all

kooky

Arachnosquire
I haven't done individual species but these are new worlds
Acanthoscurria
Ami
Aphonopelma
Avicularia
Brachypelma
Bonnetina
Bumba
Catumiri
Crassicrus
Citharacanthus
Cyriocosmus
Crypsidromus
Cyclosternum
Cyrtopholis
Chromatopelma
Dolichothele
Euathlus
Eupalaestrus
Ephebopus
Grammostola
Hapalopus
Homoeomma
Holothele
Iridopelma
Kochiana
Lasiodora
Lasiodorides
Megaphobema
Metriopelma
Nhandu
Pamphobeteus
Pachistopelma
Phormictopus
Psalmopoeus
Phrixotrichus
Plesiopelma
Pterinopelma
Reversopelma
Sericopelma
Sphaerobothria
Stichoplastoris
Tapinauchenius
Thrixopelma
Theraphosinae
Theraphosa
Vitalius
Xenesthis
That's all I can remember and im sure I've missed some and my spelling may be off but all these are nw. Some may no longer exist or not be in the hobby at all
omg thats so useful thank you so much! i honestly had no idea there were so many NW o-o

basin79

ArachnoGod
speaking of inverts, is it bad that i love my dubai roches. I bought two packs of babies that im planning to start feeding to my slings when they get larger. But i literally love them to pieces and am dreading the day it comes to feeding them to my t's. I even named the big one danny xDD
I like my Dubia roaches. I like all the live foods I keep. I think it's a good thing. It ensures you take good care of them. Giving them fresh fruit and veg etc. Which in turn benefit your inverts.

kooky

Arachnosquire
I like my Dubia roaches. I like all the live foods I keep. I think it's a good thing. It ensures you take good care of them. Giving them fresh fruit and veg etc. Which in turn benefit your inverts.
o no i hate my crickets xD. I still feed them and such but after this batch are gone i never want to buy them again. Ill stick to worms and roaches xD

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
That's understandable. Others stick to B.dubia, you, on the other hand, buy the 'Dubai' one. I assume pricey as hell, for that truly indeed oil roaches they are; love them to pieces, the logic thing to do for achieve peace of mind :writer:

kooky

Arachnosquire
That's understandable. Others stick to B.dubia, you, on the other hand, buy the 'Dubai' one. I assume pricey as hell, for that truly indeed oil roaches they are; love them to pieces, the logic thing to do for achieve peace of mind :writer:
it was £2.50 for a tub, i got 2 tubs of young ones. The bigges is probably only a moult away from being an adult and i have around 100 or so in total. so i got 100 for £5 no idea if that is expensive. They were just called dubai roaches xD. Im hoping these guys will breed slow enough in the future i can use them to feed my t's instead of crickets. Also got 1 free mealworm with them xD

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@basin79 I get your point, start with the T that you want etc. There is some merit to it, but I think that works only with the right person. And unfortunately we never know if that person is the "right" person until they actually acquire whatever it may be they want, be it an OW T, or drive a top fuel dragster at the age of 16 after owning their license for 2 days.

commonsense
The problem is "common sense ain't common" as I once read. :D

There are some exceptions of course
There are indeed exceptions, where a person can start out, own successfully and possibly even breed species that are considered more advanced, be it snakes, frogs or Ts.

But that's just it, they are exceptions, not the norm.

I'm not here to change your mind etc, only pointing out what the other side things when it comes the "ladder system" as many of us often call it.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hell, this is probably really easy to find, but im having no luck.

Im trying to look at getting different species of NW. I wanted to eventually move onto the fast and more flighty species here before every considering getting any OW species.

But im struggling to find a big list of NW species. Is there an easy way to tell if a species is NW by the name? or is anyone able to link me a list etc they have. I just don't want to go out and buy something thinking its a NW only for it to be fast, and have very potent venom.
http://wsc.nmbe.ch/

basin79

ArachnoGod
@basin79 I get your point, start with the T that you want etc. There is some merit to it, but I think that works only with the right person. And unfortunately we never know if that person is the "right" person until they actually acquire whatever it may be they want, be it an OW T, or drive a top fuel dragster at the age of 16 after owning their license for 2 days.

The problem is "common sense ain't common" as I once read. :D

There are indeed exceptions, where a person can start out, own successfully and possibly even breed species that are considered more advanced, be it snakes, frogs or Ts.

But that's just it, they are exceptions, not the norm.

I'm not here to change your mind etc, only pointing out what the other side things when it comes the "ladder system" as many of us often call it.

Good points.

Each to their own and all that.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Hey @Chris LXXIX , look who's been adopting your cult...
I tell you, Andrea82 :)

That's not an happy Goddess :rage: at all!

Her set up sucks... a Goddess needs a lot of substrate, everyone knows, but she insist :banghead:

Just spotted my baby, a happy Goddess, out of her burrow for throw away the miserable carcass of an adult B.dubia I've offered her prior, she then 360° back and returned in her safe haven, moving with that lovely class... saw the entire, marvelous scene: saw her beauty big eyes and rear legs, her amazing color and size :kiss:

I was like a Muezzin in Baghdad (before 'Desert Storm') on a tall Minaret, just after the afternoon prayers, prior to drink that amazing mint tea after an hard day of chants :bookworm:

The Cult of the Goddess, our benign Mother, require attitude, militia mentality, iron discipline, not a "look at my eyebrows" approach :-s

I hereby declare that she isn't a disciple of the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH -- Peace Be Upon Her -- but a poser.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
@Chris LXXIX
I know friend. That is why i brought it up...
It catched my eye, and i literally thought 'oh my...wait 'til Chris sees this.'
I've been thoroughly brainwashed by you, :D

netr

Arachnoknight
Dubia are great. They're among the easiest feeders to keep in a sustainable number in my experience - I've got a few hundred here in a container and only a small percentage are ever needed for the tarantulas (even with 50+ spiders). So they're basically pets too, though I feel a little like some kind of false utopian overlord whenever I have to take a few. My two-year-old son loves them; we look at them and occasionally handle them together. They don't smell, can't climb, are easy to breed, clean and feed. What's not to like? Perhaps that they are capable of great feats of stillness in the face of a waiting tarantula.

kooky

Arachnosquire
Dubia are great. They're among the easiest feeders to keep in a sustainable number in my experience - I've got a few hundred here in a container and only a small percentage are ever needed for the tarantulas (even with 50+ spiders). So they're basically pets too, though I feel a little like some kind of false utopian overlord whenever I have to take a few. My two-year-old son loves them; we look at them and occasionally handle them together. They don't smell, can't climb, are easy to breed, clean and feed. What's not to like? Perhaps that they are capable of great feats of stillness in the face of a waiting tarantula.
I live in the UK so i was wondering, when my Dubai mature, will they need a heat mat to breed or do they just breed slower at room temp. It would be nice to have a slow but constant supply of babies to feed to my small t's.

kooky

Arachnosquire
I tell you, Andrea82 :)

That's not an happy Goddess :rage: at all!

Her set up sucks... a Goddess needs a lot of substrate, everyone knows, but she insist :banghead:

Just spotted my baby, a happy Goddess, out of her burrow for throw away the miserable carcass of an adult B.dubia I've offered her prior, she then 360° back and returned in her safe haven, moving with that lovely class... saw the entire, marvelous scene: saw her beauty big eyes and rear legs, her amazing color and size :kiss:

I was like a Muezzin in Baghdad (before 'Desert Storm') on a tall Minaret, just after the afternoon prayers, prior to drink that amazing mint tea after an hard day of chants :bookworm:

The Cult of the Goddess, our benign Mother, require attitude, militia mentality, iron discipline, not a "look at my eyebrows" approach :-s

I hereby declare that she isn't a disciple of the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH -- Peace Be Upon Her -- but a poser.
As a person that has not and not sure if i ever will deal with p.muticus. Why is her set up so bad exactly?. I was watched the video and out of curiosity i would like to know why its so bad, frankly i have watched a lot of her videos, and would have followed her advice for this species if i never saw you write this. I thought she was a professional in the hobby. XD

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
As another person who does not own and probably will never own a Queen, @kooky
There is not enough substrate, and it is way too wet in there.
As a person that has not and not sure if i ever will deal with p.muticus. Why is her set up so bad exactly?. I was watched the video and out of curiosity i would like to know why its so bad, frankly i have watched a lot of her videos, and would have followed her advice for this species if i never saw you write this. I thought she was a professional in the hobby. XD