New T's at Tarantulaspiders.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Anyone know what these two new T's will be? Probably gonna be really expensive (too expensive for me), but should be interesting to see what they are. I can't wait to see them. Speaking of new/rare species for sale in the US, I'm still wanting to see more photos of P. metallica. I've seen the one pic at Rick West's site, but one pic isn't enough to get an idea of what the average specimen within this species looks like. Anyone seen any other pics of this T?

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't have any images on my PC, but I really wish I could show you the P metallica photo that was entered into the British Tarantula Society photo competition.

What a mentally beautiful Tarantula - the blue is a deep shade of Royal, with typical striking yellow markings under the legs.

I couldn't get over just how stunning it looked in that picture.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hmmm....X.immanis or monstrosa? That's my only guess(es)

he's hyping that up, huh? :)

peace
dave

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Are you talking about the two T's that Todd Gearheart has been speaking of that are new to the trade? I have been interested to see what they are also. I think they will be in soon, can't wait to see them. Hopefully they won't be too expensive:eek:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah, let me double check too:

you're talking about the page thats like "get ready for me to blow you away with the most insane T you've ever seen etc..." with a big revolving X on it right? :)

i don't know.. i just have my guesses.. I'll be interested to see what it ends up being..

i still stick by a X.immanis or monstrosa :)

peace
dave

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No way he's just going to hype like that over X. immanis.
X. monstrosa would be something but if it's those, I'd expect prices along the lines of what P. miranda or P. metallica sell for....at least.

Atrax

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
whatever it is, i don't think its going to be cheap either!

and i def. stick with imm or montstrosa, not a Poec.. he DEF. wouldn't hype that over a Poec.. at least i hope not.. :)

or it could be some "radioactive" rosea.. 14 legs, 4" fags... oh man. what a monster that would be ;)

later
dave

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You wouldn't hype about P.metallica?

we'll just have to wait and see tomarrow june 1-2 weekend ;)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats gotta be one sweet looking monster P.metal...

either way, i'm looking forward to seeing what the hype is really all about :)

peace
dave

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by rob
Speaking of new/rare species for sale in the US, I'm still wanting to see more photos of P. metallica. I've seen the one pic at Rick West's site, but one pic isn't enough to get an idea of what the average specimen within this species looks like. Anyone seen any other pics of this T?
Pics:
http://giantspiders.com/P_metallica.html
http://www.birdspiders.com/archive/3/1004.htm

Description:
(http://tarantulas.differentdawn.com/general/species.html)

"Poecilotheria metallica
Gooty Oramental
An extremely beautiful "pokie" from India. It has metallic blue appendages, yellow "caution" bands on the undersides of the first two legs, blue chelicerae, a blue fringe around the carapace, and a blue stripe down the dorsal center of the opisthosoma. It is as rare as it is undescribably gorgeous.
They haven't been introduced to the US pet trade, but may be soon; hopefully, proper attention will be given to captive breeding instead of just selling as many as possible to whomever for a quick buck."

Still... I want more pics! That's all I could find. :(

kellygirl

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
There are in fact two already (P. metallica) in the USA. They've been exchanged privately between distributors (not me) and their new owner(s) aren't selling, from what I heard.

bill

(edit: Seems only one was sold - so both parties have one each)

Last edited:

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Bill,
Were they the ones purchasd at the BTS show?? I heard some were bought there and brought back to the States.

Of these spiders Todd is getting, the only one it could be mentioned above would be X.monstrosa as all others have been in the trade before. I would doubt X.monstrosa though because it's not colorful and certainly wouldn't blow away P.metallica. It basically replicates the exact look of X.immanis except it's a little larger and doesn't have the pink highlights on the carapace or red/yellow setae on the abdomen. If you like big black spiders, monstrosa is the go, but it ain't colorful! Besides, Pamphobeteus antinous looks and sizes up very much like X.monstrosa except it would be a hell of a lot cheaper, I know what I'd go for ;)

What was that Public Enemy song???

Cheers,
Steve

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Knowing how he likes them...

Probably 2 new Pamphos knowing how Todd digs them. Certainly not imannis which is not new and I doubt monstrosa. As to whether they'll live up to his hype? Who knows guess we'll see.

Phil

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Steve Nunn
Hi Bill,
Were they the ones purchasd at the BTS show?? I heard some were bought there and brought back to the States.
What was that Public Enemy song???

Cheers,
Steve
Don't....don't, don't...don't....nah sorry, it's gone ;)

I don't know if any of the P metallica made it back to the States - although I'm sure many were sold by the French dealer, despite the extortionate £140 price tag (per 1" spiderling!)

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Knowing how he likes them...

Speaking of Todd, whatever happened to the P.metallica he was taking deposits for? Weren't they arriving mid May or something like that?

Thanks,
Steve

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, whatever it is, it's not a poec, since he said it would blow away P. miranda and metallica. Perhaps a Sericopelma sp?

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
so...

Who's gonna buy what ever it is even though you guys don't know what it is so yeah?(i'm still sticking to my P.metallica theory)

geo

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good question Steve...

I believe that is when he was supposed to get P metallica. Dunno what happened there. Quess the ol dealski fell through.

And to the ones still thinking that's what they will be. Try reading his hype page on them. He pretty much spells out Pampho for you with the clues. 1 inch plus babies, adults reaching 8.5 to 9 and larger, metallic purples, reds, and blues, ultimate display spider , coolest Genus in the hobby etc, etc, for those of you that don't know this already Todd is a huge Pampho fan and absolutely loves the Genus. Not that it isn't a cool Genus as it is but he thinks they are the shizznit as anyone who has talked to him about Ts has probably caught on to by now. While I obviously don't know for a fact I can pretty much guarantee you they will be 2 new Pamphos.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.