New member sharing my collection.

Clifford DVM

Arachnopeon
They have been around in the hobby for a few years actually, and a bit longer in Europe. I suspect it's their breeding issues that have prevented them from being more plentiful.
I was going off of their description date of 2015 by Guadanucci & Weinmann. Were they in captivity before description? I'm currently trying to do research on the yearly environmental conditions of their natural habitat. If you have any resources you could suggest I would greatly appreciate it.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was going off of their description date of 2015 by Guadanucci & Weinmann. Were they in captivity before description? I'm currently trying to do research on the yearly environmental conditions of their natural habitat. If you have any resources you could suggest I would greatly appreciate it.
I know that paper.

I'm pretty sure they were in captivity in Europe in 2014 or earlier. I know they were in captivity before that paper, and were often called H. sp. Columbia "Bumblebee", for obvious reasons. They have been known to arachnologists before 2014, of that I'm sure.

I don't have access to the drive w/some of my earlier T records and correspondence unfortunately.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Neoholothele faciaaurinigra.. so I tried googling it and the only thing I could find was this thread and a thread in a foreign forum that is unreadable to me because it's in another language lol. No pictures. So when you get home, could you please post a picture or two? If you have a picture of an adult specimen that would be ideal. ;)

also, welcome to the boards. Nice to meet you. ;)

Clifford DVM

Arachnopeon
Neoholothele faciaaurinigra.. so I tried googling it and the only thing I could find was this thread and a thread in a foreign forum that is unreadable to me because it's in another language lol. No pictures. So when you get home, could you please post a picture or two? If you have a picture of an adult specimen that would be ideal. ;)

Here is a picture of Neoholothele fasciaaurinigra female
upload_2016-9-8_9-10-34.png

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
thank you.. and that is truly one stunning T... I think I actually like this more the M. balfouri and H. pulchripes

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

We may need to give you some free Google search classes. ;)

If you search these exact words "Guadanucci & Weinmann" in google minus the quotes, and click on the VERY first link, it will take you to a decent site, and that page will be for this species Neoholothele fasciaaurinigra. Then scroll down to Description of.... and below that is a PDF icon. Click on that link to get the original scientific paper describing the species.

It's a good paper with nice color images of both male and females for this species AND N. incei for comparison. The images are quite good, at least on my computer.