New member sharing my collection.

cold blood

Staff member
Hey welcome aboard. :) Nice collection you got, and pretty cool setup too. I hope you will like it here.
Now, i know someone here called sweet @cold blood <3 ( Well that`s what i call him ) :kiss: :)
will be happy to see someonse here from WI <3 :)
Yup, always good to see people from WI, its not exactly a hotbed for the t hobby.

I will say your "micro-climate is nice...albeit completely unnecessary and over-complicated. There's no reason to be aiming for number specific humidity....micro climates can be achieved by adding proper ventilation to the individual enclosures. In fact looking at them I see many that are full of condensation...this is a bad sign.

Your collection is quite nice, lots of ts most people can't find or aren't willing to shell out the cash for. I especially like the "bach ma" and the Xenesthis...and Pamphs are always a treat.

So what part if WI are you from??

Clifford DVM

Arachnopeon
I do agree on the Bach Ma. A wonderful spider from Vietnam. They are voracious feeders. :)

Last edited:

Clifford DVM

Arachnopeon
Yup, always good to see people from WI, its not exactly a hotbed for the t hobby.

I will say your "micro-climate is nice...albeit completely unnecessary and over-complicated. There's no reason to be aiming for number specific humidity....micro climates can be achieved by adding proper ventilation to the individual enclosures. In fact looking at them I see many that are full of condensation...this is a bad sign.

Your collection is quite nice, lots of ts most people can't find or aren't willing to shell out the cash for. I especially like the "bach ma" and the Xenesthis...and Pamphs are always a treat.

So what part if WI are you from??
Im actually from Los Angeles originally. I'm doing my clinical year at UW veterinary school in Madison. As far as my micro-climate, I disagree with you statement regarding its necessity (a stable climate and the ability to control your climate is essential for certain species). As far as the complexity of my set up, it is incredibly simple (one plug in). I have built marine aquariums and maintained non-photosynthetic invertebrates (that is complicated). And lastly, the condensation that you see is only on the front of the small enclosures, all other sides are dry. Because of the cooler temperatures at the front of the tank condensation naturally accumulates on that one side. And I disagree that there is no need to control humidity. Some of these are tropical animals that come from areas where the annual relative humidity is around 80%. Just because a species can tolerate low humidity does not mean that it is ideal.

cold blood

Staff member
I've successfully bred and raised hundreds if not thousands of slings, I assure your micro climate is not necessary. Micro climates are formed in a properly ventilated enclosure, if the individual enclosures are set properly, they will form their own micro climate.

I didn't mean it was complicated in the literal sense, just that you could just put them on a table, which doesn't require building anything.

Enjoy WI, Madison is a cool town, and if you fish, the lakes there are all incredible, even through the ice.

Clifford DVM

Arachnopeon
I've successfully bred and raised hundreds if not thousands of slings, I assure your micro climate is not necessary. Micro climates are formed in a properly ventilated enclosure, if the individual enclosures are set properly, they will form their own micro climate.

I didn't mean it was complicated in the literal sense, just that you could just put them on a table, which doesn't require building anything.

Enjoy WI, Madison is a cool town, and if you fish, the lakes there are all incredible, even through the ice.
I meant no disrespect. In my situation I have a wife who likes the ambient temperature of our apartment in the low 70's and I have 2 cats that love to eat anything that moves. For me, an inclosed tank was necessary. I too have bred many T's and reptiles over the past 25 years. When an appropriate, stable room environment can not be maintained, I assure you that synthesizing a smaller controlled environment, that can cater to a number of smaller micro habitats, is in the best interest of your animals.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've never heard of the Pamphobeteus sp. solaris and googled it. They seem a bit drab for the hype.

Hitler sums this up comically.

Clifford DVM

Arachnopeon
I've never heard of the Pamphobeteus sp. solaris and googled it. They seem a bit drab for the hype.

Hitler sums this up comically.
Haha, I saw that video. Actually, Hitler is disappointed because of the high price on a spider that he so desires and ends with him hoping for the day that he can afford the solaris.

Clifford DVM

Arachnopeon
That photo really pops but in this video the female looks a lot more drab under outside normal sunlight. I dunno, I wouldn't turn it down. It's just not high on my list of wants.
T collecting is definitely subjective. It is my intention to breed the spider to help make it available at a lower price. I think the price definitely takes form its beauty.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Haha, I saw that video. Actually, Hitler is disappointed because of the high price on a spider that he so desires and ends with him hoping for the day that he can afford the solaris.
Correct, that is what the video was about but there are also references to other species being more colorful and another being red but not overpriced. That is what I was referring to about the video.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
And drab..Really? I think they are beautiful.. View attachment 219790
Nice picture but in other pictures they look alot less red/orange. Then again pictures never do Ts justice. Imo B. auratum, B. emilia and B. smithi pull the red leg off better and have a reasonable price tag attached.

Am I saying I don't want one, no. I want all the Ts! From blah to Crayola rainbow vomit colored.

Clifford DVM

Arachnopeon
Nice picture but in other pictures they look alot less red/orange. Then again pictures never do Ts justice. Imo B. auratum, B. emilia and B. smithi pull the red leg off better and have a reasonable price tag attached.

Am I saying I don't want one, no. I want all the Ts! From blah to Crayola rainbow vomit colored.
I'm with you on the B. smithi. I have had one for 12 years now and she will always have my heart.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Clifford, you have a decent and simply setup for the Ts in the breeder, well done.

I'd like to know the answers to the questions below please.

Neoholothele faciaaurinigra x 2
1. Did you breed this species?
2. Who did you acquire this species from?
3. When did you acquire them?

I know of only 2 or 3 people who own this species in the USA at the moment, none of them were bred in the USA. In point of fact there are very few people who own it here in the USA.

They are notoriously difficult to breed as well compared to N. incei. I know Martin wasn't successful at doing it.

Clifford DVM

Arachnopeon
Clifford, you have a decent and simply setup for the Ts in the breeder, well done.

I'd like to know the answers to the questions below please.

1. Did you breed this species?
2. Who did you acquire this species from?
3. When did you acquire them?

I know of only 2 or 3 people who own this species in the USA at the moment, none of them were bred in the USA. In point of fact there are very few people who own it here in the USA.

They are notoriously difficult to breed as well compared to N. incei. I know Martin wasn't successful at doing it.
Great question, beautiful new species from Columbia. I got them from Arachnoiden. I believe they were bred in Germany.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Great question, beautiful new species from Columbia. I got them from Arachnoiden. I believe they were bred in Germany.
They have been around in the hobby for a few years actually, and a bit longer in Europe. I suspect it's their breeding issues that have prevented them from being more plentiful.