New member sharing my collection.

Clifford DVM

Arachnopeon
Hello, my name is Cliff and I am new to the group. I collected T's many years ago but had to liquidate my collection. I am starting up again and wanted to share my collection with you. My T's are as follows:
Avicularia versicolor x 1
Brachypelma boehmei x 2
Brachypelma baumgarteni x 2
Brachypelma smithi x 1
Haplopelma Bach Ma x 2
Hapalopus sp. Columbia x 2
Megaphobema mesomelas x 2
Megaphobema peterklaasi x 2
Megaphobema robustum x 2
Monocentropus balfouri x 6
Neoholothele faciaaurinigra x 2
Pamphobeteus sp. mascara x 2
Pamphobeteus sp. solaris x 1
Pamphobeteus ultramarinus x 2
Poecilotheria metallica x 2
Thrigmopoeus psychedelicus x 2
Xenesthis immanis x 2
Here are a few pictures of my microclimate.
IMG_0211.JPG IMG_0209.JPG IMG_0210.JPG

Attachments

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Nice controlled environment! I wish I had that for slings. Where's the ventilation on that?

Clifford DVM

Arachnopeon
I have modified the inclosure after I took these pictures and added small fans on the back for ventilation.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Love the sling setup...I think I just found out what to do with my spare 80 gallon...how did you insulate it? Is that foam? Whats your heat source if any?

Clifford DVM

Arachnopeon
Love the sling setup...I think I just found out what to do with my spare 80 gallon...how did you insulate it? Is that foam? Whats your heat source if any?
Its a 40 gallon breeder tank that I filled with cut styrofoam (the top is also made of styrofoam; good calorimeter). I used egg-crate screening to elevate the bottom for complete heat circulation and added a temperature controller. You can see the heat-pad attached to the back wall and the sponge trough for humidity.

Clifford DVM

Arachnopeon
With the sealed tank, heat pad, and sponge trough I can maintain 80% humidity at all times. Here are a few pictures during the building stage. You can see in the picture I have a divider. I was originally going to have a Hot and cool side (I’m keeping Megaphobema mesomelas and peterklaasi). However, I found that at a temperate setting of 80 degrees the surface temperature on the top tier is approximately 78, 77-76 in the middle and 75 at the bottom (where i keep the Megaphobema). And so I decided not to use the divider IMG_0189.JPG IMG_0193.JPG

Zenith

Arachnopeon
Good lord, I am envious of more than half of your collection. Lovely setup too. My congratulations.

louise f

Arachnoangel
Hey welcome aboard. :) Nice collection you got, and pretty cool setup too. I hope you will like it here.
Now, i know someone here called sweet @cold blood <3 ( Well that`s what i call him ) :kiss: :)
will be happy to see someone here from WI <3 :)

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Brilliant collection! You have several Ts that are on my wish list. I agree with the others, let's get some photos of those T. psychedelicus! Welcome to the boards. :D

Matabuey

Arachnosquire
Nice collection. Unlike the others i think T.psychedelicus is ugly haha, would like to see the Pamphobeteus sp. solaris, though!