My millipede collection

davehuth

Arachnoknight
I always look forward to an update on this epic and interesting thread, but this is a sad one :-( I'm very sorry you've lost this groovy millipede.

Marika

Arachnoangel
I saw one of my S. argus juvies on the surface for the first time - it was just looking for a new place to hide, lol. It looked bigger, so it's been busy molting.
DSC07440 – kopio.JPG
DSC07442 – kopio.JPG

The Odd Pet

Arachnoknight
My little A. gigas is growing up :rolleyes:
View attachment 319059
I have a pair of adults about 10" and they still haven't bred for me. I have a younger pair about 7" also. I'm upgrading them to a 25 gallon tank tonight. I'm thinking about putting a low watt UTH on the back at the top with a thermostat to try and get them to breed.

Marika

Arachnoangel
I used to see my A. gigas maybe twice a year and he was very sensitive to light, but lately he's been out every day. I think I should name him...
DSC07680 – kopio.JPG

The Odd Pet

Arachnoknight
I finally got my giant blue millipedes and flame legs. They are so beautiful in person. Hopefully I get them to breed. There isn't much info on keeping the giant blue millipedes. I'm hoping the same as my A. gigas. I saw all 4 of my gigas out at the same time yesterday for the first time also. One really liked getting her picture taken also. I have to get some pics of my Orthoporus ornatus gold and chocolate.

Attachments

Marika

Arachnoangel
I finally got my giant blue millipedes and flame legs. They are so beautiful in person. Hopefully I get them to breed. There isn't much info on keeping the giant blue millipedes. I'm hoping the same as my A. gigas. I saw all 4 of my gigas out at the same time yesterday for the first time also. One really liked getting her picture taken also. I have to get some pics of my Orthoporus ornatus gold and chocolate.
Beautiful pedes!

mickiem

Arachnoprince
That S. argus is very vibrant. Beautiful pics. I actually am getting some Spirostreptidae sp. 8. I wish I could find some of those S. argus.
AGB & Spiro species 8 = my favorites! I'm not sure we have species 8 on my side of the puddle. At least not identified. I also like Globular (species 1) and Ivories!

Marika

Arachnoangel
S. argus. These guys haven't touched their supplemental food before, so this was a nice surprise.
DSC07879 – kopio.JPG

The Odd Pet

Arachnoknight
AGB & Spiro species 8 = my favorites! I'm not sure we have species 8 on my side of the puddle. At least not identified. I also like Globular (species 1) and Ivories!
Hey I've have been messaging you to see if you still wanted to make a trade. Glad to see your back and OK.

The Odd Pet

Arachnoknight
Your inbox is full and I deleted our conversation so I can't send you a message.

The Odd Pet

Arachnoknight
I love when mushrooms start popping up. Have you ever put live plants in with your millipedes? I would love to have some but I don't know what is safe. I figured as long as they are in pots the roots shouldn't be an issue. I've been putting chia seeds in with them as food but really like how it looks when they sprout in my A. gigas and Florida ivories tank. I have been thinking about trying Creeping Jenny with some small species. I don't want to take the risk with my adult gigas.