Matt82's Tarantulas

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Cheers man, to be honest I am optimistic about it, 4 sellatus would have been great, but for the price Mr. Mackay was selling them for, even one survivor worked out at a bargain :clap:

The surviving sling will thrive, I've no doubts about that. It has dug down, denned up and webbed up; fantastic feeding response, and eating capacity too!
Aye, Craigs spot on, top chap to know.

Sounds like the surviving one will be spot on mate. :)

Grin

Arachnoknight
P. pulcher is a beauty!

You take some wonderful photo's as well.
I noticed on your profile you said you have mantids, i would love to see some of those.
Been interested in them for awhile, i'm considering purchasing one in the near future.

matt82

Arachnoknight
P. pulcher is a beauty!

You take some wonderful photo's as well.
I noticed on your profile you said you have mantids, i would love to see some of those.
Been interested in them for awhile, i'm considering purchasing one in the near future.
Thanks a lot. Click here to see some photos of some mantids I've kept :) .

Nice shots !
Cheers, glad you liked them :)

---------- Post added 02-12-2012 at 10:57 PM ----------

Cyriocosmous sellatus - 2nd instar

Cyriocosmus sellatus - 2nd instar

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Great pics again! Love the last OBT post, #38, so golden! Oh and cant wait for ur Cyriocosmus sellatus to grow up!

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Matt, you didn't tell me you had begun posting so many more photos here!! lol Gorgeous images, they look even better here than they do on flickr for some reason. REALLY well done!!!

I don't get to AB often, mostly just when I'm looking for something or have PMs. I should probably start uploading on my own thread here as you have.

Glad I caught this!!

- Michael

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi again!

I just Googled Cyriocosmus sellatus, stunning!!

Cheers!

matt82

Arachnoknight
Hi again!

I just Googled Cyriocosmus sellatus, stunning!!

Cheers!
Cheers Michael, I assumed you'd have a picture thread on here somewhere, if you haven't started one yet, get cracking, you've definitely get some of the best T photography I've seen anywhere!

The Cyrio's are excellent alright :)

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hiya Matt!

I just came by to read some more of the comments here on your thread, and I find these nice words from you!
Thanks!! :biggrin:

I expect I'll get to it soon ... just a question of how many photos to 'dump' here in one go! Should probably do something like half a dozen per week, and limit those to my better half or so.

Then again I don't know, we've got a solid number of seriously good photographers here on the board!! When you read through some of their threads, it's clear that they are true photographers first, T photographers second. I'd get very humbled, this place is for the big boys!! :eek:

Cheers Mate!

[Back for a quick edit/addition]

Hey Matt, you remember I mentioned that local AB member who contacted me a couple of days ago? His name here is Advan ... check out his photos and you'll quickly see that in quite a few ways he's a lot better than I am, some really nice stuff on his thread!!

[thread=194394][size=+1]Advan's photo thread[/size][/thread]

Last edited:

matt82

Arachnoknight
Hey Matt, you remember I mentioned that local AB member who contacted me a couple of days ago? His name here is Advan ... check out his photos and you'll quickly see that in quite a few ways he's a lot better than I am, some really nice stuff on his thread!!

[thread=194394][size=+1]Advan's photo thread[/size][/thread]
Didn't want to bump this on without a photo update Michael! Yeah advan's is one of my favourite photo-threads on here, great collection and always impressive shots too.

Here's a (kind of blurry at the front end!) photo of a post-moult Avic. versicolor, who didn't want to stay still today at all... Moulted 5 days ago, spermatheca present, so 100% confirmed female

A. versicolor - Female, Post-Moult (apx 4 inch DLS)

Also moulted in the last week were a GBB (now MM), P. pulcher (probable male, although not confirmed, as the crucial section of the moult was badly twisted and torn up), and C. sellatus (now 3rd instar). I'll post some photos soon.

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bravo Matt, gorgeous photo!! (The T's kinda nice too :))

matt82

Arachnoknight
Bravo Matt, gorgeous photo!! (The T's kinda nice too :))
Keep practising man, one day you will achieve this standard of photography... :D:D

Delighted she is confirmed female, shame about the GBB, but the hooks and swollen palps only confirmed what I kind of knew; MM. Still though, colour-wise he looks better than ever. He is off on a holiday to Scotland soon, hopefully he has a good time!!

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Keep practising man, one day you will achieve this standard of photography... :D:D

Delighted she is confirmed female, shame about the GBB, but the hooks and swollen palps only confirmed what I kind of knew; MM. Still though, colour-wise he looks better than ever. He is off on a holiday to Scotland soon, hopefully he has a good time!!
Thanks for the encouragement Matt ... but most of the time I wish I could just drop the whole photography thing. I mean, it's such a drag.

Bon Voyage to the GBB! :)

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that A versi of yours.. such awesome colors :eek: definitely jealous {D

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Stunning A. versicolor Matt, hopefully you'll get her paired up one day!!! Also, your C. cyaneopubescens will be in good hands in Scotland.

:)

matt82

Arachnoknight
that A versi of yours.. such awesome colors :eek: definitely jealous {D
Thanks, Dr. Acula; she is a colourful one, no doubt! Filling out really well too, and settling into a revamped enclosure at present!

Stunning A. versicolor Matt, hopefully you'll get her paired up one day!!! Also, your C. cyaneopubescens will be in good hands in Scotland.
:)
I actually didn't know you were parting with your batch of mini A. versicolor until Joseph told me earlier that he recieved some from you, so I will take some of them too, try to find this one a partner. I will PM you tomorrow man! Yes I am delighted that the GBB is going to Chris, a very trustworthy keeper.

Here are a few photos of an enclosure I had been preparing, for the GBB actually. He will not get to use it now, but I will find another appreciative inhabitant soon enough!

Some updated photos of the aforementioned moulted spiders to follow over the weekend :D

Robotponys

Arachnoknight
Wow nice enclosure! Really creative and looks really great!

Random question for moss/plant growers; How do I make live moss safe for T's? I have a few species growing like weeds in shoeboxes that should do well in T enclosures, but it's collected from the Catskills near a stream. It has tons of beetles and bugs, not something I really want. Can I gas them with CO2? Any ideas are welcome, even suggestions for other animals that could live in a small enclosure full of moss. ;)