Lorgakor's Picture Thread

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Hagrid got a new house, and I haven't seen more than his legs since! It's creepy to look inside and see glowing eyes and spider legs!

H. lividum.

B. smithi juvenile male. He is a sweety, and man has he grown!

Last edited:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
B. smithi again.

H. maculata

Another H. maculata

Isn't this strange? This H. lividum is so calm, I can open up her enclosure, change her water, throw crickets at her face, move the dirt around, move the cage around, take pictures, and she doesn't even move. Isn't that weird? I thought these guys were supposed to be super defensive?

The last lonely little L. difficilis sling.

Wook at the widdle pink toes! Anyone know how long the pre-molt time is for a 3.5" A. avic?

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Here's a few more pics.

Unidentified Acanthoscurria? sp.

L. difficilis

Last edited:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
It was feeding time tonight, so I took some more pics as usual. We had a little fun with some of them.

P. cancerides, young male. It came out as soon as we opened the lid. We got some great video of it scurrying all over the cricket container! Took a while to coax it back in!

I held a couple of spiders tonight. As you can see I was a tad bit chicken. I don't know these new spiders well enough yet to be confident in their personalities. But neither of them showed any defensiveness at all. I didn't really need the gloves, but it made me feel better!

First was the unidentified Acanthoscurria? sp. Turned out to be a real sweety.

Next was the largest of my E. pachypus. It was fun to hold her, she is very quick, and didn't want to get off of my hand.

This E. pachypus I would not attempt to hold. Night and day with the personalities! This one is always grumpy!

And one shot of the H. lividum.

Last edited:

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Great pics. Intresting H.Lividum, I see it maybe once every few weeks or so. When I do if it is on the other side of its tank, and cant get to is burrow in time, I get a pretty nice threat display.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Sean said:
Great pics. Intresting H.Lividum, I see it maybe once every few weeks or so. When I do if it is on the other side of its tank, and cant get to is burrow in time, I get a pretty nice threat display.
Mine hasn't burrowed at all. I've had it for a month and so far it hasn't really tried. It has webbed a whole lot though, I gave it a hide because it wasn't burrowing and she webbed the entrance closed without ever going inside! I wonder if her not burrowing has something to do with the lump she has on her abdomen. Well, the good thing about it is she is always out in the open, and ready for pictures! She is not defensive at all either, unless I bug her.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
New spiders!

I got some new widdle itty bitty tarantulas! They are so cute and tiny! The B. emilia is actually for a friend, but it's so cute!

B. emilia

N. chromatus. There are two of these little guys, but it is hard for my camera to get a good pic of them. This is the only one that really turned out.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Here is my B. emilia, Gizmo. I just rehoused her so I got some pictures.

And a couple H. maculata pics.

Grimlock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As always. Lovely pics. You just need to bite those nails.

lol. just messin'.

I'm guessing male on the H. maculata? How old is that one?

And was the B. emilia an offspring of yours?

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Grimlock said:
As always. Lovely pics. You just need to bite those nails.

lol. just messin'.

I'm guessing male on the H. maculata? How old is that one?

And was the B. emilia an offspring of yours?
Thanks Grimlock, though I'm not sure why I need to bite my nails? I didn't think they looked that bad! ;)

The H. maculata is a female. She is 4.5", and a beautiful white ghost! I was able to sex her from the last molt. There is a pic of the molt in this thread somewhere. I'm not sure how old she is, I've only had her a month.

The larger B. emilia I have had since it was half an inch, I got it in December. The smallest one I just got yesterday from Avery Exotics in Kelowna. I haven't ventured into T breeding yet, that would be quite the project!

KLiK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow you have such a great collection. im so envious of your H. maculata and H. lividum.

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lorgakor said:
Can you guys see these pictures? I was looking at them this morning and now I can't see half of them. Maybe I need a new place to host images. Any suggestions? It's funny cause I could see them all when I posted them last night.
i use grafitti (graffiti) .net for all my hosting

ink_scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lorgakor said:
I held a couple of spiders tonight. As you can see I was a tad bit chicken. I don't know these new spiders well enough yet to be confident in their personalities. But neither of them showed any defensiveness at all. I didn't really need the gloves, but it made me feel better!

First was the unidentified Acanthoscurria? sp. Turned out to be a real sweety.
I can't help commenting here. That so-called Acanthoscurria sp. up there sure does bare a strong resemblence to my Grammastola aureostriata juvi. :? Otherwise, a very nice collection of Ts! :clap: :worship:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Scorps_n_Ts said:
I can't help commenting here. That so-called Acanthoscurria sp. up there sure does bare a strong resemblence to my Grammastola aureostriata juvi. :? Otherwise, a very nice collection of Ts! :clap: :worship:
No, it's definitely not a Grammastola sp. It has no mirror patch at all. And if you look at the close up shots, it really doesn't resemble G. aureostriata much at all. Thanks for the comments though! :)

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Some more pics

Well, I took some more pictures! Big surprise!

G. pulchra

H. maculata eating. She had just caught a cricket.

T. blondi

A cute little jumping spider I found in my laundryroom. I don't know what species.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Very freshly molted E. pachypus.

P. lugardi

Hmm, what next. How about an A. seemani who decided to try to escape. And with the cricket it just killed none the less!

H. lividum

Last edited:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
My fat E. campestratus who I really thought was in premolt. She hadn't eaten for over two months and just ate a cricket tonight! Surprised the heck out of me!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
My Hagrid came out to visit! It happens so rarely now that I just had to snap a few pics. :)