Lorgakor's Picture Thread

Grimlock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Good luck with the Blondi. I hope he will be okay. Bad molt is definatly one of my fears for my T.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
More piccies!

Thought I'd post some more pics. I'm a bit mental with my camera, I can't stop taking pictures of my tarantulas!

Hagrid has done very well since his molt. He recently started eating again, though he has some trouble. He uses his pedipalps and almost all of his legs to help him. Also he doesn't seem to finish his crickets. But he looks great!

Using his legs and palps to catch crickets.

Loki is just bursting with personality. I love just watching her. I fed her her very first mealworm tonight. She was very unsure about it as it crawled underneath her, but she got it. Quite the glutton that one!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
More!

Gizmo came out for a quick pic.

Red is in premolt again I think. Can't wait til she molts again! She's a great little T.

Charlotte is a major pet rock. She comes out every now and then and makes a mess of her water dish, webs the heck out of everything, poos all over the glass, then doesn't move again for days!

Thanks for looking!!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Ha! I just found pretty much the whole mealworm in the G. pulchra's waterdish. Guess she didn't like it too much! She chewed on it a little, but that's it. I guess I'll stick with crickets. :rolleyes:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
She's getting so fat! I don't think she'll ever stop eating!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Here are some new additions in my house. These will not be permanent additions, but they are picture worthy none the less!

Lasiodora difficilis
Spider #1

Spider #2 VERY mad!!

Cyclosternum fasciatum

Aphonopelma seemani

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
L. difficilis slings.

E. pachypus slings/juvies. These are so cute, I'd love to keep one. Man are they FAST! There are four of these also.

Last edited:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
More pics!

Can't help myself. Must. Post. Pictures! :D

H. lividum. My husbands baby. Surprisingly calm so far. Her name is Lumpy due to the big bump on her abdomen.

H. maculata This is one insane bug. It is VERY defensive.

A. avicularia

H. mac and Avic houses.

Newly molted juvie male B. smithi.

P. lugardi the super speed demon.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
L. difficilis. Even when it's eating it's mad!

Unidentified cutie pie eating. Maybe Acanthoscurria sp.?

P. cancerides.

A very chunky G. pulchra.

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gotta love the Cobalt Blue!
That's a lot of cool pic-s right here - how many spiders do you usually have around?

Grimlock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Amazing Pics all around, Lorgakor. I love to see what will be next. Thanks for posting.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Thank you Speedreader! I only have seven that are in my collection. I recently bought a whole bunch of spiders from someone who didn't want them and now I am selling them. I must say, I'm very glad that I bought them, I've been able to interact with some great species that I never would have even seen in person before. I'm learning just how defensive some of these guys can be, and how cute and docile some other ones can be. I had to rehouse them all again today due to some very bad stinky peat moss, and it's been really fun. Now they can all be left alone to recoup from their ordeal! I'm contemplating keeping one or two of them, my husband is keeping the H. lividum, and I've kept a H. maculata.

Edit: Thanks Grimlock! I love taking pictures! I took more today too!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
An escaped E. pachypus decided to stop for a little game of billiards.

A. seemani. We're fattening this one up, it was really skinny. It looks better already.

A very fat P. cancerides. I think it is in pre-molt.

Some of our spiders and the anti-cat gate.

T. blondi

Last edited:

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's one beautiful dark blondi right there - why wasn't the species named brunetti :? ? Are these guys as hard to handle as people/books normally indicate? But I guess it shouldn't be too hard after having expereince with half a dozen of other T's :cool:.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
speedreader said:
That's one beautiful dark blondi right there - why wasn't the species named brunetti :? ? Are these guys as hard to handle as people/books normally indicate? But I guess it shouldn't be too hard after having expereince with half a dozen of other T's :cool:.
Thanks, he is pretty dark now. He was a cinammon colour before he molted. I don't handle him, he is a little feisty, and big! He is no problem to work around for cage maintenance though. He will give me a threat display no problem, but usually he'll run and hide if disturbed. He flicks hair ocassionally. I've had him slap his front legs at the water dish if he's sitting with his legs in it when I have to change it. He's very entertaining. I have to change his cage substrate out tonight, it should be interesting at the least! I'm sure I'll have lots of pics for tomorrow!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
New pics again!

Some more pictures!

Angry H. lividum. She saw my cat and got right pissed about it!

Angry P. cancerides.

Thank you for the cricket!

Angry L. difficilis sling.

Angry E. pachypus. I think all my Ts were mad at me tonight!

Angry A. seemani.

Last edited:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
My first time handling an arboreal. It was a great experience.
A. avicularia

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Anger leads the dark side, neh?
Wow, I couldn't imagine that A.Seemani can be angry!
Lividum looks astounding on the pic.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
speedreader said:
Anger leads the dark side, neh?
Wow, I couldn't imagine that A.Seemani can be angry!
Lividum looks astounding on the pic.
Lol! I don't think she was too mad! She was just telling me that she didn't want her cricket! She's actually pretty mellow.
Yeah that is a pretty lividum. She has one bent foot and a bump on her abdomen, but she's still a pretty girl!

Thanks for the comments Speedreader!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Picture Time!

My female H. maculata molted. She only stopped eating for about ten days so it was a big surprise. I guess that is why she has been so mellow!

C. fasciatum was feeling photogenic.

One of my E. pachypus finally dug a burrow, I just wish the other three would too.