mactans(tennesee)

mactans (florida)

hasselti

bishopi

andy

Last edited:

SNiDE

Arachnopeon
Hi all, awesome photos, hopefully not too off topic but does anyone have any reliable knowledge as to the potency of the bite of tredecimguttatus? A travel book I have suggests it is not too bad and doesnt require medical attention, but others have said otherwise. cheers

A.iodius

Arachnopeon
Great pictures. I have a female L. hesperus that is completely black not even a sign of red on her. She produced 2 egg sacs for me shortly after I got her which I released back into the area where she was collected. I am hoping she lays another with hind sight I realize I should have kept some slings to see if I could continue to produce the entirely black coloration. I will try to post some pics at some point if I can ever get around to taking any.

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great pictures. I have a female L. hesperus that is completely black not even a sign of red on her. She produced 2 egg sacs for me shortly after I got her which I released back into the area where she was collected. I am hoping she lays another with hind sight I realize I should have kept some slings to see if I could continue to produce the entirely black coloration. I will try to post some pics at some point if I can ever get around to taking any.
From my experience with 3 "nil" to greatly reduced hr glass hesps, only a very small percentage of their surviving offspring retained mommys special feature. Raising 80-99% may yield 1 or few extremes. ...lotsa work ...and the rub may be that ANY hesperus female may produce the same deal anyway. The goal would have to be ..to find out if there (at the very least) seems to be a greater percentage of "glassless/lessglass" offspring produced from a special female..ie..genetically passed down trait vs. just a "phase" thats always being played out within the specie.

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Latrodectus pallidus

Latrodectus geometricus

Latrodectus mactans

Latrodectus hesperus

Last edited: