I've got Haitan eggs!

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No Prob Atrax. Thanks for pointing it out.
Paul, the little guy surprised the hell out of me when I saw it (I had just released a snake, my father found, in that same spot. It probably ended up as mongoose food). I wasn't expecting to see a mongoose out there. I wander if these guys include tarantulas and centepedes in their diet. I did use a zoom. It was an automatic olympus camera.
Mike

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ditto what he said, I thought the log was what I was supposed to be looking at. Nice pic.

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lasiodora
Paul, the little guy surprised the hell out of me when I saw it (I had just released a snake, my father found, in that same spot. It probably ended up as mongoose food). I wasn't expecting to see a mongoose out there. I wander if these guys include tarantulas and centepedes in their diet. I did use a zoom. It was an automatic olympus camera.
Mike
Mike,

About how big was the little guy? I know they eat rats, mice, birds, bird eggs and insects like big fat cockroaches, and snakes, so I imagine they could very well eat centipedes. Isn't the mongoose known for preying on venomous snakes? They're quick, so maybe they can take a pede without getting bit? Tarantulas and probably anything else small enough for them to munch on would probably be fair game in their diet.

Paul

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yep,
That's the same one. It was placed there for the same reason as in Barbados. For the control of the rat population. The sad thing is that I don't think there are any programs in place to eradicate non-native fauna. Oh, and he was about the size of a pet trade ferret.
Mike