It it just me or does this tick u off?

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ok, I don't like the idea of someone killing an innocent creature. But that site did kind of make me laugh. Mainly because of the idea that people can be so scared of spiders that they won't even go near them. I mean I used to be arachnophobic and I'll admit that when I was a kid I killed a few spiders, but even as an 8 year old I had the guts to go up and smack the thing with a book or something. You read the story about the 'epic battle' lasting about an hour between the 3.5" spider and the 6'1" man? And at the end the guy is like "you're my hero!" Ha! What a <EDIT> {D

Last edited by a moderator:

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
well i enjoyed watching the spider get larger on the spider stomp haha. the spider cam was pretty weak...along with the rest of the page besides that cartoon. that was a far side right?

but i'd have to say to each his own. i love spiders and think people should appretiate them, but not everyone will. "thats the way she goes boys" i've yet to hate something to the point i devoted a webpage to it though. but honestly, i bet this thread caused the largest visitation of his not known website haha.

Parahybana3590

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thats not right, it's one thing to be arachnophobic, but that sort of thing is just wrong.:mad:

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As posted to his guest book by me
"Be they of mammals or arachnids snuff films and pictures are illegal. You are hear by given notice and proper oppertunity to cease and disiste before leagle action is taken.

It says somthing very disterbing about someone that takes joy in killing/maiming other creatures for their own pleasure."

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (I jumped to the end sorry) but Angelfire is a repitable site and does not allow illegael/illicite content. If anyone else is game we can contact Angelfire, in mass, POLITELY asking for the site to be taken down. Because in it's essance it is a snuff site and despicable.

Any greetings all, this is a hell of first post to jump into huh?

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
moricollins said:
too bad WE can't all grow up and not get our panties in a twist over some guy's website.

:wall: :wall:
your doing it again.....

Nothing much to see there...Move along, drop some crickets in a cage, and enjoy your own kind of killing :rolleyes:
If you were serious about 'snuff' films , I think I would rather go out instantly under a heel 50 feet long than in true snuff fashion...
leagle?

snoflax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I personally think that person may need serious psychological help. :p

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally Posted by moricollins
too bad WE can't all grow up and not get our panties in a twist over some guy's website.
well, this seems to be more of a "that guy is crazy-lets do something about it" thread in case you didnt notice moricollins. if you wanna dissagree with all of us on here, then make your own thread about how wrong we are. sounds like a good idea mathias, but who do we contact? well, i aint callin the cops sayin this dudes killin spiders, but if theres some kind of moderator or administrator on that site then go ahead and contact him....

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
if we had 2 threads for every subject, new different posts would get lost in the mess. one thread is all thats needed to discuss both sides of any issue. how else can you make a point about something someone posted. you'd have to keep going back and forth between threads.

but yea...theres far worse things on the internet than some guy that hates spiders. what about www.terminix.com?? not only do they hate spiders and other bugs, they make a lot of money snuffing them out ;P

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Don't let this website ruin your day guys. :)

Scolopendra

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ill admit this site really bugs me..hahaha punny. anyways it really has a good game on there for all of us who like to let our arachnid friends grow big and strong. its called "avoid the spiders and let them get huge!" but i think he had it labeled as "spider stomp" or some other asinine title...

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
Scolopendra said:
ill admit this site really bugs me..hahaha punny. anyways it really has a good game on there for all of us who like to let our arachnid friends grow big and strong. its called "avoid the spiders and let them get huge!" but i think he had it labeled as "spider stomp" or some other asinine title...

heh yea i just let mine get pretty big..but then i couldn't resist after a little :evil:

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Terminex huh? C'MON GIANT MOB! TO THE TERMINEX SITE! BURn THEIR TRUCKS AHAHHA!

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
am i the only one who found it hilarious? or the only one who would say they did:rolleyes:

ancientscout

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Concern for mygalomorphs

I have been reading here with interest as to the comments here, both good and bad. I see allot of defense here for the mygalomorphs as it should be on a forum like this. But, if there is so much care and concern for our big hairy friends then why do we still promote wild caught? are we ourselves contributing to their demise slowly but surely?..they have an uphill fight as it is with habitat destruction, pollution and the general onslaught of mankind.

I have wondered several times how many breeders are in anyway helping "re-establishing" populations in the wild with their slings..is that happening? i would love to hear about that program if it exists, but i think currently we are taking and not putting back. Perhaps there is no vehicle in place to do that type of work presently.

By the way, i have not gone to this site that everyone seems so worked up about. I don't have time to involve on such things. I would say though that the key is education rather than attacking these types. The world is full of those that see no use for pittbulls, spiders, creepy crawlers and more. Speaking truthfully, and simply provide facts to these types rather than blow off steam that really is non productive. Most of the people that are speaking in such a manner as is touted here simply do not understand what roles arachnids play in nature, but they do understand the roles they play in the movies quite well. Remember, always pick your battles.
Ancientscout

Last edited:

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i think you are looking to far into this.he killed a few house spiders and took pictures of them,thats it.ppl kill them all the time because they are affraid or think they are pests.if somebody did the same with flys and roaches would you have so much to say?

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Yes, it's much ado about nothing, if you ask me. Invertebrate intruders are routinely killed. Now, if the fellow was going out in the field to seek out and destroy them, it might be a little different. Anyway, I still think the site is more a gag than an advocate to exterminate arachnids.

I always found this entry in the gallery to be funny at any rate.....

"Species: Not Reclusive Enough Brown Spider
Method of Termination: Old age...Nah, just kidding...Bugspray!

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tim Benzedrine said:
Yes, it's much ado about nothing, if you ask me. Invertebrate intruders are routinely killed. Now, if the fellow was going out in the field to seek out and destroy them, it might be a little different. Anyway, I still think the site is more a gag than an advocate to exterminate arachnids.

I always found this entry in the gallery to be funny at any rate.....

"Species: Not Reclusive Enough Brown Spider
Method of Termination: Old age...Nah, just kidding...Bugspray!
LM<edit>AO:D

it got me to.and the pic of the hoover:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Lover of 8 legs

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
DO You Realize That You Pay Him When You Visit

Every time you visit this web page, the owner gets paid by those who advertise on his page. DO YOU THINK HE DESERVES MONEY FOR HIS OPINIONS???????:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: