Introduce Yourself

littlebugman

Arachnopeon
hi! im max and ive been fascinated by bugs for as long as i could remember. that's all honestly. i keep a lot of bugs and want more

Frillipede

Arachnopeon
Hi! Call me Frill or Latimer :] I recently got into the invert hobby and I've been having a great time. Thus far I have a single female Pink-Footed Millipede (Narceus americanus) named Sandwich and a culture of Zebra Isopods (Armadillidium maculatum) collectively named The Chips. I'm hoping to get into breeding myriapods and isopods eventually, just as a hobby! They're really sweet and interesting pets, and I want to make them even more popular!!
Here are some of my favorite images of Sandwich and Chips that I've taken so far :]

Attachments

wonderful

Arachnosquire
Hi! Call me Frill or Latimer :] I recently got into the invert hobby and I've been having a great time. Thus far I have a single female Pink-Footed Millipede (Narceus americanus) named Sandwich and a culture of Zebra Isopods (Armadillidium maculatum) collectively named The Chips. I'm hoping to get into breeding myriapods and isopods eventually, just as a hobby! They're really sweet and interesting pets, and I want to make them even more popular!!
Here are some of my favorite images of Sandwich and Chips that I've taken so far :]
Howdy and welcome to the board. I don’t have any millipedes but I probably will one day cause they are just awesome. I gotta share a story. When I was in first grade I fell in love will all the little rolly Polly’s that crawled around near my bus stop. So one day I decided to collect some and put them in the zipper front of my back pack. I did this for like a week. See rolly polly grab and put in bag. I put veggies from my school lunch in there too. Well of course on Friday I didn’t close the zipper all the way and all our bags were piled up in the bag area. And then the hundreds of rolly Polly’s came out and every bag in the room had them crawling all over. I had collected hundreds. I also had friends collect them and give their catches to me on the bus. So many. At the end of the day we go to the room and my teacher screams and jumps on one of our little kids school chairs. All us kids are looking and screeching and I’m trying to blend into the crowd so they don’t realize it was me. In the end I had to stay after school to collect all them up and release at the lake park by the school.
Surprisingly not many had died in my bag.
Anyway I’ll need to appease the rolly pollly gods and do it right some day and give some proper care to compensate for my millipede minion army I tried to make.
I don’t know why I’m sharing this now but it’s 2 am and I’m awake and silly. 🥴
Welcome to arachnoboards ♥♥♥

Arachnofluff

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Kris!

I'm a non-binary, nerdy person whose parenting instincts got redirected somewhere along the line to critters with many legs. I've been an amateur birder most of my life, but have found in recent years a love for and interest in arthropods, reptiles, and amphibians.

I spent a long time searching topics on this site before picking up my T, and I am excited to be a new member!!

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hi, I'm Kris!

I'm a non-binary, nerdy person whose parenting instincts got redirected somewhere along the line to critters with many legs. I've been an amateur birder most of my life, but have found in recent years a love for and interest in arthropods, reptiles, and amphibians.

I spent a long time searching topics on this site before picking up my T, and I am excited to be a new member!!
Welcome to AB!

TheArachnidBinder

Arachnopeon
Hey! My name is Jen and I keep tarantulas, regals, lizards, snakes and more. I currently have 5 tarantulas and am constantly looking to add to my collection. I really enjoy putting my love and care into all of my enclosures. I'm hoping to take this hobby a little more serious and maybe get into breeding or custom enclosures and filming everything in between, but until then I'm here to share and learn as much as possible. Super excited to be apart of the community! :happy::spider::lizard::snake:

wendell

Arachnopeon
Hey! My name is Jen and I keep tarantulas, regals, lizards, snakes and more. I currently have 5 tarantulas and am constantly looking to add to my collection. I really enjoy putting my love and care into all of my enclosures. I'm hoping to take this hobby a little more serious and maybe get into breeding or custom enclosures and filming everything in between, but until then I'm here to share and learn as much as possible. Super excited to be apart of the community! :happy::spider::lizard::snake:
Nice intro. People are very nice here. Welcome aboard!

agent A

Arachnopeon
hey all I'm Alex (pronouns they/them) and I'm from Colorado
I have several tarantulas including a probable female Aphonopelma chalcodes (WC but not by me and given to me by someone who initially didn't tell me she was WC), male A. seemanni, immature Acanthoscurria geniculata (just molted but a feeder roach ate the abdomen of its shed so idk the sex yet), a REALLY little inch baby of Brachypelma smithi, a baby (ok like 3 inches across) Lasiodora parahybana, a mature female L. parahybana, an unsexed Davus pentalorius that I tried to sex with its shed yesterday (all my tarantulas except the adult L. parahybana molted this week idk why) to no avail, 3 little Pterinochilus murinus, and I think that's it for Ts. I have mantises, moths, other spiders, and some reptiles/amphibians as well!!
I want to breed the A. seemanni and A. geniculata and eventually the L. parahybana and P. murinus

Fillo92

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone! I'm Filippo and I'm from Italy, nice to meet you all. I've been lurking for quite some time, doing my research and finally ending up getting my own Tarantula, so I decided to join your community in order to ask more experienced keepers on how to care for her, since I want to do my best. I hope that you will take good care of me, and I hope we get along well!

Murnau

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone! I'm Filippo and I'm from Italy, nice to meet you all. I've been lurking for quite some time, doing my research and finally ending up getting my own Tarantula, so I decided to join your community in order to ask more experienced keepers on how to care for her, since I want to do my best. I hope that you will take good care of me, and I hope we get along well!
Hi Filippo, nice to meet you too and welcome to AR. Tons of good informations here, enjoy :)

moydie

Arachnopeon
Hey all,

Just got my first tarantula (A. avicularia). I got her for Father's Day from my wife, which was maybe the most surprised I've ever been from a gift. I asked my wife several years ago if she was OK with me getting a tarantula, and she said ABSOLUTELY NOT. Now she surprises me with a beautiful juvenile Pinktoe. So I'm pretty excited, and already thinking of what other tarantulas I would like to get next now that my wife has come around to the idea of keeping pet spiders.

I'm hoping that I can find some good advice here about tarantula care & husbandry, and maybe meet some friends in the hobby, especially anyone in my area (Lehi, UT).

Thanks!

Murnau

Arachnopeon
Hey all,

Just got my first tarantula (A. avicularia). I got her for Father's Day from my wife, which was maybe the most surprised I've ever been from a gift. I asked my wife several years ago if she was OK with me getting a tarantula, and she said ABSOLUTELY NOT. Now she surprises me with a beautiful juvenile Pinktoe. So I'm pretty excited, and already thinking of what other tarantulas I would like to get next now that my wife has come around to the idea of keeping pet spiders.

I'm hoping that I can find some good advice here about tarantula care & husbandry, and maybe meet some friends in the hobby, especially anyone in my area (Lehi, UT).

Thanks!
Hey Moydie,
The best gift that you could get for 😀
A.avicularia is a cool and pretty species

avhall

Arachnopeon
Hello! I know this is an older board but thought I’d introduce myself anyway lol. My name is Alyssa, I’m 35 and I came here because I’m new to the hobby and love learning about these guys! I also love gardening, house plants, reading, writing, some video games and all things animals. Im very excited to be here!

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hello! I know this is an older board but thought I’d introduce myself anyway lol. My name is Alyssa, I’m 35 and I came here because I’m new to the hobby and love learning about these guys! I also love gardening, house plants, reading, writing, some video games and all things animals. Im very excited to be here!
Welcome!

Jaycooks1

Arachnopeon
Hello Just found this site i dont surf the Web as often as i used to. I have had reptiles most of my life and few spiders here and there. I just got back in with a new Avic. Avic. so i cam to soak up your knowledge.

slayerofgoliath86

Arachnopeon
Hi All,

I’m Dave I’m 36 and just joining the world of owning spiders.

I used to be terrified of spiders but recently have been fascinated by them and looking forward to owning them.

Next week I receive deliveries of my first two spiders a jumping spider and a caribena versicolour.

i am very excited but a tad nervous especially with the caribena versicolour when I am moving her to her Home. Have read people a few people being bitten by this breed but not much guess it’s the maybe getting bitten and getting such a scare she escapes part haha

I would be delighted for some advice as I’m a spider virgin prepared to everyone else on this website.

Don’t worry folks have done all the proper research this isnt something I have jumped into.

Looking forward to being a part of this forum

Dave

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Hi All,

I’m Dave I’m 36 and just joining the world of owning spiders.

I used to be terrified of spiders but recently have been fascinated by them and looking forward to owning them.

Next week I receive deliveries of my first two spiders a jumping spider and a caribena versicolour.

i am very excited but a tad nervous especially with the caribena versicolour when I am moving her to her Home. Have read people a few people being bitten by this breed but not much guess it’s the maybe getting bitten and getting such a scare she escapes part haha

I would be delighted for some advice as I’m a spider virgin prepared to everyone else on this website.

Don’t worry folks have done all the proper research this isnt something I have jumped into.

Looking forward to being a part of this forum

Dave
Welcome! Caribena versicolor is a great choice for a first T. I'm guessing that you're getting a spiderling (sling), but even if you're getting a larger specimen it will likely be shipped in a vial smaller than the enclosure you plan to keep it in. As long as that is the case, there is nothing wrong with just taking the top off the vial and leaving the whole thing in the new enclosure for the T to come out of on it's own.

This isn't really the proper thread to get into all the husbandry details, though. If you have more questions, just make a post in one of the tarantula forums and you'll get lots of good advice.

slayerofgoliath86

Arachnopeon
Hi

thanks for the reply back

yeah a spiderling is what I am getting.

had my jumping spider ordered and came across the caribena and was amazed by the colours and the beauty and thought I must have one of these.

thanks for the heads up i.e questions wasn’t sure where to post anything