Introduce Yourself

Happydance88

Arachnopeon
Hi, I’m David 33 from Texas.
I’ve been in the arachnid hobby for 3 years on and off. Some of my favorite species are Psalmopoeus Cambridgei, Grammastola pulchra, Ceratogyrus Darlingi, and Caribena versicolor.

Gitonga

Arachnopeon
Hi, Eric Gitonga here. Dudu photographer from Kenya. Dudu being the generic word for bugs. I found this place from search results while looking for id info on an arachnid someone shared on Twitter, looking to find out what it was.

SpiderDan62

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, I'm Dan. 61 year old retired police officer. Find tarantulas to be a great retirement hobby. Got my first Curly Hair for Christmas of 2020. Now have 7 different species.

spoooderman

Arachnopeon
Hey so my wife recently went to a reptile show which is pretty typical we have a ton of reptiles however this time she came home with a curly hair. She had done the research had a nice little container for em, and that was it I was hooked.

So we currently have on Order a few tarantula cribs enclosures, and honestly I’m mad I didn’t get a few more, a new order might be placed lol

I spoke with the vendor she met at the show, if I can leave a name and contact I will but I’ll have to check the rules first.

Anyways the guy was crazy nice and answered some questions and ended up sending me an availability list, so now we have a Grammastola pulchra, Hapalopus sp Colombia Lg both 1/2inch and an additional curly sling, these are both the Tliltocatl albopilosu Nicaraguan variant so that’s cool as well.

These won’t ship until Monday which gives me time to dial everything in, but we’ve already done a bunch of reading. Hope to learn a ton of cool info here, specifically how to get these bioactive, already secured a local source for cow spot isopods and springtails, substrate and all that is already here.

Got bit bad by the spider bug so y’all will see me around

Luwayne

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Hi everyone, I'm from South Africa, I love scorpions, with the right help, I'll be willing to breed any specific specimen different from my current one, this is like a hobby for me, and I have no problems milking them or to find a different specimen if needed, I don't speak the Latin language of scorpions but I understand the differences between the three basic groups😎 just a naughty farm boy, how can I help in return

Last edited by a moderator:

CedarArachne

Arachnopeon
Hi. I'm 36 years old and currently live in Wisconsin, USA. I am currently working towards a masters in biology. My thesis is on bacterial and fungal sediment community composition in a freshwater Marsh. Leaning towards a PhD in entomology but haven't really decided yet.

I hadn't had a tarantula since 2002 and recently got back into the hobby. A lot of the names have changed, but luckily my favorite is Avicularia avicularia. They are just so fuzzy and cute and have those little toes.

I've found I really enjoy raising slings and watching them grow. I mostly lurk around here for information.

The Grim Keeper

Arachnopeon
Greetings everyone, my name is Ross, and I live in a rural area near Monterey, CA. I am interested in a variety of natural things, and as an engineer, I have always had a fascination with the properties of spider silk. About six months ago, I spotted my first black widow, and decided to study it more closely and observe its habits. I had always wanted to see a black widow in the wild, but all had ever come across during night inspections were the European false widows until I found a juvenile female taking up residence on my internet modem. I captured her, named her Modem, and built an enclosure for her. I later found a much bigger female on my upstairs balcony and built a second enclosure for her. After she defeated a particularly large Jupiter cricket (sometimes called a potato bug) after an epic battle, I named her Grim. I have kept them both for about six months now, and I am still quite impressed with their intelligence and hunting techniques. They are fun to observe, and I look forward to learning more about these and other species from this group. Cheers - Ross

Mr E

Arachnopeon
Greetings from Sweden everyone.
My name is Erik, 32 years old. I have been keeping Inverts and amphibians on and off since childhood. Currently I am looking to obtain some new tarantulas to fill up some of the empty tanks in my possesion. I mostly prefer terrestrial and fossorial spiders. At the moment I have two animals, a tailless cat and a tiger salamander. Hopefully my stay on these forums will be long and fruitfull.

Wulver

Arachnopeon
We are Mike and Deb in Ohio. We bought our first tarantula last weekend. A Curly that is supposed to be 18 months old, but I'm not so sure due to her small size of 2" without the legs. Anyways, we currently have 4 Wolfdogs, 3 Savanah Cats, 1 rescued Feral street cat and a combined history consisting of reef keeping, reptile husbandry, animal rehab/rescue, zoo volunteer and childhoods filled with keeping whatever we could catch. With that being said, we are here to learn what we do not know, which is a lot. Looking forward to this journey and getting to know this community.

andrew jhonson

Arachnopeon
Hello all
I am Andrew johnson new here. very nice to be with you guys and the arachnoboards.com also. Hope we can better build ourselves by sharing each other's experiences.

Holabella

Arachnopeon
Hello, I've been considering joining for a while. I've been a tarantula keeper for 2 years. I also would love scorpions and centipedes and am in the process of researching their care.

AutumnMcG

Arachnopeon
Hey,
I’m a fairly new tarantula owner 😊 I have a GBB and a Striped-knee tarantula. Loving the hobby and I know there will be allot more tarantulas to come in the near future 😍 Learning allot and completely fascinated by the ways of a tarantulas life!
Im glad I found this forum because I'm wanting to learn more. 😝

Attachments

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hey,
I’m a fairly new tarantula owner 😊 I have a GBB and a Striped-knee tarantula. Loving the hobby and I know there will be allot more tarantulas to come in the near future 😍 Learning allot and completely fascinated by the ways of a tarantulas life!
Im glad I found this forum because I'm wanting to learn more. 😝
Welcome! Lots of good intel here

CrispyNugs

Arachnopeon
Hello! I'm from Greece and I'm preparing to getting started with the hobby and this forum look like the best place for advice!

Chris73G

Arachnopeon
Hello,

Chris from germany here.
I was interested in tarantulas some years ago, but never bought one back then. Last year somehow the interest came back, i was reading stuff und watching videos for literally months and late last year it was like "enough with just thinking about it" and i bought an adult albopilosum female.
Somehow she must´ve heard it when i said to myself "One tarantula will be enough for sure" and not long after i got her she built an really deep burrow under her cork bark and since then has been hiding there. I knew that they sometimes do that because of pre-molt or for no apparent reason and i thought i was prepared for that, but after one month of looking at an seemingly empty enclosure i was like "maybe those people who say "you´ll buy more than one tarantula anyway" were right" and bought an subadult vagans female (which is quite active and often out in the open).
Then i thought "hmmm...i could fit another table with enough space for two more enclosures right there" and at the moment im preparing the third enclosure and will be visiting a expo in two weeks, looking for maybe an GBB, an geniculata, pulchripes or some other a bit more colourful species.

Have been reading here for quite some time and finally decided to register for some chit-chat about tarantulas and advice in case i need it.

alexcrete

Arachnopeon
Hi all ,

I am 39y/o, I am from Québec City in Canada. I've been waiting almost 30 years before geting my first T for plenty of reasons!! I am an adrenaline junkie since I retired from bullriding I was looking for something to patch that hole in my life so I picked skydiving for the rush it provide me and T's to relax and enjoy the calm state it put me in. So basically I am brand new to the hobby (started about 1 month ago) so far I own Acanthoscurria geniculate, Avicularia avicularia, Brachypelma boehmei, Brachypelma hamorii, Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, Heteroscodra maculata (yes i know) , Lasiodora parahybana, Psalmopoeus cambridgei, Psalmopoeus irminia, Theraphosinae piura.

Have a good one all !!
Alex

Last edited:

BioScorpion

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, my name is Tyler. Happy to be part of such a seemingly knowledgeable community. I have been in the hobby for around ten years now and keep a large variety of insects, arachnids, fish and mammals. Looking forward to talking with everyone. :)

A cave cricket

Arachnoknight
Hello!

I'm @A cave cricket and I'm fairly new here, my goal is to keep weird inverts no one would think to keep. Examples: short-tailed whip scorpion, Gladiator insects, Hooded tick spider, and scorpion flies. And to give tutorials on insects that you would never think about keeping!

joey halphen

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, my name is Joey,i am a big comicbook nerd-gamer-anime all around geek that is new to hobby as i am looking to this forum to get help to get started into hobby.