Introduce Yourself

Sanjo

Arachnopeon
Hi everybody! Been lurking for a while and have learned a lot here. I currently have 4 Ts: 2 T. albos M & F, a T. vagans unsure of sex, and a 6" G. iheringi female. I've kept and bred piranha and have also kept snakes, scorpions, and mantids, but am relatively new to tarantulas. I wish I would have started keeping them 20 years ago! They are just great.
Anyway just wanted to say hi, great place you have here! I look forward to chatting with you all.

My T. vagans, one of my absolute faves
Palavagans.jpg

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hi everybody! Been lurking for a while and have learned a lot here. I currently have 4 Ts: 2 T. albos M & F, a T. vagans unsure of sex, and a 6" G. iheringi female. I've kept and bred piranha and have also kept snakes, scorpions, and mantids, but am relatively new to tarantulas. I wish I would have started keeping them 20 years ago! They are just great.
Anyway just wanted to say hi, great place you have here! I look forward to chatting with you all.

My T. vagans, one of my absolute faves
View attachment 410803
T. vagans is a fave of mine as well! Nice pic

gonta the bug man

Arachnopeon
I was brought here from a thread about stinkbugs sadly I have no insects or arachnids but I like this website I feel welcomed thanks for making me feel accepted :)

Tnovice

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Hi!
I'm Kris (45) from Alabama. I have been doing a great deal of research into what T will best suit my life. Also my first priority will be to provide the best situation for the T I choose. I can't wait to start this new chapter in my life. Thanks for providing insight and wisdom.
Kris

Last edited by a moderator:

Laura Belle

Arachnopeon
Newbie Introduction

Hi, all. I am not only new to this board, I am new to tarantulas. I am just looking into owning my first one and am still in the mode of gathering information on the proper care and feeding of. I know I eventually want a Cyriopagopus sp. "blue" (Singapore Blue), but since the literature suggests this is not a first-timer's spider and intend to work my way up to having one. So far, I have the housing and supplies for an arboreal tarantula, and I've been looking at the Avicularia metallica (Metallic Pinktoe) or the Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (Green Bottle Blue). Any advice would be greatly appreciated, but I think if I poke around this site long enough, I'll probably pick up some great tarantula-care tips to help me make my choice.

Thanks

Maren
Hi!! I have a Singapore blue and NEVER see it. It is so so shy. That’s my only downside. I bought mine as one of my firsts. It’s just like any T. Fast and afraid. I would definitely say your choices are perfect! I love my GBB. She’s always out & a great eater. I have her set up in an arboreal which she goes down under but mostly stays up high.

jrapp1819

Arachnopeon
Hello all! New to the world of T husbandry, but a long time exotic pet enthusiast. Owning my first T (with my 3 year old daughter), has been a great experience. I've taken up the hobby to be able to share a common interest with the kiddo, little did I know it would also give me something to strengthen my recovery (April of 2019). Currently the proud owner of a gorgeous juvenile GBB. With an A. Avic (provided the shop has their info correct) coming in a week or two. Looking forward to learning from and becoming friends with folks here! Midwest USA

Shelita

Arachnopeon
Shelita here......this is a nickname that a coworker gave to me as a joke, but turned into something that I like, so I kept it.
I have a Mexican Fireleg that I got because my 2nd-grade students read a story in our basal reader called "Diary of a Spider". They absolutely loved it and begged me to get a spider as a class pet. We researched and saw the rose hair and Mexican fire leg and Mexican fire knee. I searched local pet stores, praying that no one would have anything and to my surprise, the local PetCo had a Mexican Fire Leg.....Charoltte has been with me for 9 years now. She has been a great source of learning for the students over the years and most are overcoming their fear of spiders....even me. She does have me concerned as she had been in pre molt for 6 months and refuses to molt or eat.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Shelita here......this is a nickname that a coworker gave to me as a joke, but turned into something that I like, so I kept it.
I have a Mexican Fireleg that I got because my 2nd-grade students read a story in our basal reader called "Diary of a Spider". They absolutely loved it and begged me to get a spider as a class pet. We researched and saw the rose hair and Mexican fire leg and Mexican fire knee. I searched local pet stores, praying that no one would have anything and to my surprise, the local PetCo had a Mexican Fire Leg.....Charoltte has been with me for 9 years now. She has been a great source of learning for the students over the years and most are overcoming their fear of spiders....even me. She does have me concerned as she had been in pre molt for 6 months and refuses to molt or eat.
Awesome story!!! Welcome!

Hoffman

Arachnopeon
Hi folks! Recently decided to pursue building habitats and keeping inverts as a hobby; starting out with scorpions and eventually tarantulas. Looking forward to meeting folks and building expertise.

Delta1243

Arachnopeon
I’d like to introduce myself, I’m Luke I have a decent amount of spiders and several other exotic pets, but I’d still consider myself relatively new to the tarantula hobby. I’m from Upstate New York and look forward to interacting with all of you and learning more.

Deathly

Arachnopeon
Hello!

I'm Amanda from Cleveland, Ohio. I spent my entire childhood begging my mom to let me buy the T's at the pet store and finally purchased my first from Fear Not Tarantulas. I got a little curly hair and I'm reay excited but also afraid of killing it on accident. I joined to learn more about care and different critters thay are available. Happy to be here and excited to start my journey!

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Hello!

I'm Amanda from Cleveland, Ohio. I spent my entire childhood begging my mom to let me buy the T's at the pet store and finally purchased my first from Fear Not Tarantulas. I got a little curly hair and I'm reay excited but also afraid of killing it on accident. I joined to learn more about care and different critters thay are available. Happy to be here and excited to start my journey!
Welcome!! There are tons of previous threads about keeping Tliltocatl albopilosus (curly hair tarantula) that you can find using the search function in the upper right corner of the page. Try to get used to using scientific (Latin) names whenever possible to avoid confusion. I've got a juvenile T. albo, too, and she's awesome - you're going to love having one! They're really not difficult to take care of, and I'm sure you'll find all the info you need to be successful here. Have fun!

Deathly

Arachnopeon
Welcome!! There are tons of previous threads about keeping Tliltocatl albopilosus (curly hair tarantula) that you can find using the search function in the upper right corner of the page. Try to get used to using scientific (Latin) names whenever possible to avoid confusion. I've got a juvenile T. albo, too, and she's awesome - you're going to love having one! They're really not difficult to take care of, and I'm sure you'll find all the info you need to be successful here. Have fun!
Thanks! I don't think my mom will ever come over again. Haha. I don't even have the first one yet and I'm researching for a second.

DHarris

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! I'm David from Los Angeles. I've been following this great forum for some time now but decided I'd introduce myself and start interacting in the community.
During the lockdown I'd decided I was going to get back into keeping reptiles but had major commitment issues when it came to deciding on a species. Never understood the tarantula fascination but figured I'd try one or a scorpion as a desk pet and see how it went. Could always circle back to reptiles down the road.

After some familiarizing myself with general husbandry of Ts, a local shop sold me on an Acanthoscurria geniculata. I was immediately enamored with my little .5" sling, right up until he holed himself up and disappeared to molt. That's when I got the itch to add an equally tiny Harpactira pulchripes.
I'm guessing it's roughly a year later as I completely lost my ability to tell the passage of time during the pandemic. That little Acanthoscurria geniculata molted again last week and he's now probably close to 4"-5", unfortunately he does seem to be a he.
In addition to my H. pulchripes, who's doing great, I've added a GBB, Brachypelma boehmei, Davus pentaloris,Tliltocatl albopilosus, Caribena versicolor, Ybyrapora diversipes, Poecilotheria metallica, Grammostola pulchripes, Dolichothele diamantinensis, OBT, Pseudhapalopus sp 'Colombia', Cyriocosmus leetzi, Bonnetina chamela, Thrixopelma cyaneolum, Thrixopelma lagunas, Holothele longipes, Holothele sp. “Dominican Republic” or Scopelobates sericeus (I'm still not sure what's correct), Phormictopus Dominican purple and most recently a Pamphobeteus ultramarinus.
I did lose a very tiny freebieTheraphosinae sp Piura to a bad molt but otherwise it's been a real joy watching each of these Ts thrive and evolve as they grow.

So much for just trying one...

jrapp1819

Arachnopeon
In addition to my H. pulchripes, who's doing great, I've added a GBB, Brachypelma boehmei, Davus pentaloris,Tliltocatl albopilosus, Caribena versicolor, Ybyrapora diversipes, Poecilotheria metallica, Grammostola pulchripes, Dolichothele diamantinensis, OBT, Pseudhapalopus sp 'Colombia', Cyriocosmus leetzi, Bonnetina chamela, Thrixopelma cyaneolum, Thrixopelma lagunas, Holothele longipes, Holothele sp. “Dominican Republic” or Scopelobates sericeus (I'm still not sure what's correct), Phormictopus Dominican purple and most recently a Pamphobeteus ultramarinus.
I did lose a very tiny freebieTheraphosinae sp Piura to a bad molt but otherwise it's been a real joy watching each of these Ts thrive and evolve as they grow.

Welcome from MI!

Awesome to see someone else falling in love with the tarantulas! Such cool, misunderstood creatures. How large is your B. cyaneopubescens? Mine is roughly 1.25"/3m. I'm also picking up a T. albopilosus tomorrow, roughly 3"/7cm

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Hi everyone! I'm David from Los Angeles. I've been following this great forum for some time now but decided I'd introduce myself and start interacting in the community.
During the lockdown I'd decided I was going to get back into keeping reptiles but had major commitment issues when it came to deciding on a species. Never understood the tarantula fascination but figured I'd try one or a scorpion as a desk pet and see how it went. Could always circle back to reptiles down the road.

After some familiarizing myself with general husbandry of Ts, a local shop sold me on an Acanthoscurria geniculata. I was immediately enamored with my little .5" sling, right up until he holed himself up and disappeared to molt. That's when I got the itch to add an equally tiny Harpactira pulchripes.
I'm guessing it's roughly a year later as I completely lost my ability to tell the passage of time during the pandemic. That little Acanthoscurria geniculata molted again last week and he's now probably close to 4"-5", unfortunately he does seem to be a he.

This story reminds me of someone... Welcome!

juniperkisses440

Arachnopeon
My name is Paige, I study Wildlife and Resource Management and work towards human dimensions/humanitarian and non profit conservation work. I keep inverts for fun but have been collecting data on them as well. I photograph the creepy crawlies everywhere I go.
Currently working on a bug calendar,and keeping about 40 inverts, mostly mantids. I will be studying insects in Peru this summer.
Nice to meet you, happy to be here.

Attachments

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
My name is Paige, I study Wildlife and Resource Management and work towards human dimensions/humanitarian and non profit conservation work. I keep inverts for fun but have been collecting data on them as well. I photograph the creepy crawlies everywhere I go.
Currently working on a bug calendar,and keeping about 40 inverts, mostly mantids. I will be studying insects in Peru this summer.
Nice to meet you, happy to be here.
Welcome aboard Paige

Happydance88

Arachnopeon
Hi, I’m David 33 from Texas.
I’ve been in the arachnid hobby for 3 years on and off. Some of my favorite species are Psalmopoeus Cambridgei, Grammastola pulchra, Ceratogyrus Darlingi, and Caribena versicolor.