Introduce Yourself

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I'm a lurker, so thought I should introduce myself too 😅 My name's Natalie and I had a T. briefly before college roommates made me give him away and I had always pined for another spider. I'm about six months back into the hobby and already properly obsessed. I'm in coastal NC, but out in the country, and currently share my home with 3 tarantulas (soon to be 6!) 3 aquatic snails, 3 finches, and a very weird neurotic little dog 😆 It's nice to meet all of you and I'm so glad this board exists!
I've been out of the hobby for a while also, and just recently got back in. It certainly doesn't take long for the obsession aspect to kick in! Anyhow, there's plenty of great advice here!

jc55

Arachnoknight
I'm a lurker, so thought I should introduce myself too 😅 My name's Natalie and I had a T. briefly before college roommates made me give him away and I had always pined for another spider. I'm about six months back into the hobby and already properly obsessed. I'm in coastal NC, but out in the country, and currently share my home with 3 tarantulas (soon to be 6!) 3 aquatic snails, 3 finches, and a very weird neurotic little dog 😆 It's nice to meet all of you and I'm so glad this board exists!
Hello and welcome.This hobby does tend to become an obsession but a great one at that :cool:.

Duke1907

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone.
I'm a 53 year old Welder/Fabricator in the U. S.A. I'm also a lifelong arachnophobe.
A few weeks ago I decided to face my fear of spiders and began researching tarantulas. I now own two slings.
I stumbled on Arachnoboards while researching and began looking over some of the threads. Registered soon after.

Ovruinn

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone.
I'm a 53 year old Welder/Fabricator in the U. S.A. I'm also a lifelong arachnophobe.
A few weeks ago I decided to face my fear of spiders and began researching tarantulas. I now own two slings.
I stumbled on Arachnoboards while researching and began looking over some of the threads. Registered soon after.
I grew up being frustratingly afraid, but also fascinated. Actually keeping these amazing creatures has turned it into obsessive love! These boards are great and I'm glad I registered recently too. Welcome 😀

jc55

Arachnoknight
Hi everyone.
Welcome and this is the place to be to learn and join one of the greatest and most fascinating hobbies in my opinion.

Duke1907

Arachnopeon
I grew up being frustratingly afraid, but also fascinated. Actually keeping these amazing creatures has turned it into obsessive love! These boards are great and I'm glad I registered recently too. Welcome 😀
Thank you. 🙂

Well, this is a great place to learn. Plenty of pros with sound advice!
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm seeing that here. Lots of knowledge!

Welcome and this is the place to be to learn and join one of the greatest and most fascinating hobbies in my opinion.
It really is. Got my second sling about a month after my first lol. I thought I was supposed to be afraid of spiders but I guess not so much. Thanks! 🙂

Gumchole

Arachnopeon
Hello! My name is Janet. I joined because of a question about Pill bugs. I find it interesting observing the insect world. Currently there is a Wolf spider that lives in the breezeway.

Duke1907

Arachnopeon
Hello! My name is Janet. I joined because of a question about Pill bugs. I find it interesting observing the insect world. Currently there is a Wolf spider that lives in the breezeway.
Hi Janet. This is a great place to learn about everything arachnid! I just joined up last week and I have learned so much. Welcome!

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hi Janet. This is a great place to learn about everything arachnid! I just joined up last week and I have learned so much. Welcome!
Yes indeed. I was a newbie about 20 yrs ago, took a break from the hobby to focus more on snakes, and now back into t's along with my snakes since I have the means and the space. Anyhow, I'm relearning everything, so I consider myself an old newbie!

Duke1907

Arachnopeon
Yes indeed. I was a newbie about 20 yrs ago, took a break from the hobby to focus more on snakes, and now back into t's along with my snakes since I have the means and the space. Anyhow, I'm relearning everything, so I consider myself an old newbie!
Just got my first T about a month and a half ago, my second last week.
I am a new-noobie. A noob noob? A newbie noob? Oh heck with it. 🤣

SherwoodOutlaw

Arachnopeon
Hello! I am very new to the hobby, I have an indexed juvenile Brachypelma Emilia Named ZipeTotec (Zeep for short) and am working on getting a Caribena Versicolor soon! I also have a chameleon, cornsnake, hamster, mouse, cat, dog, and 2 betta fish :) nice to meet you all

Duke1907

Arachnopeon
Hello! I am very new to the hobby, I have an indexed juvenile Brachypelma Emilia Named ZipeTotec (Zeep for short) and am working on getting a Caribena Versicolor soon! I also have a chameleon, cornsnake, hamster, mouse, cat, dog, and 2 betta fish :) nice to meet you all
This is the best place to learn! I'm a noob too, but it's way more educational than most video channels (except for Tom Moran and a couple others.) Also, Internet care sheets are crap. All of them. If you got a question, come here and use the search. If you can't find your answer there, make your own thread and ask there.
It's not always nice, not always sugar coated, but the level of knowledge of the animals and the hobby here is quite frankly incredible. Welcome, and very glad to meet you! 🙂

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
This is the best place to learn! I'm a noob too, but it's way more educational than most video channels (except for Tom Moran and a couple others.) Also, Internet care sheets are crap. All of them. If you got a question, come here and use the search. If you can't find your answer there, make your own thread and ask there.
It's not always nice, not always sugar coated, but the level of knowledge of the animals and the hobby here is quite frankly incredible. Welcome, and very glad to meet you! 🙂
You couldn't have worded that better, brother!!! I've read threads where people ask questions who obviously haven't read anything and get ripped apart. But, I also feel like the pros on here get tired of answering the same old questions over and over. They encourage folks to research and then ask a legitimate question!

My real name is Chris.
Don't tell nobody.
My real name is Wes. Don't tell anybody who knows me

Duke1907

Arachnopeon
You couldn't have worded that better, brother!!! I've read threads where people ask questions who obviously haven't read anything and get ripped apart. But, I also feel like the pros on here get tired of answering the same old questions over and over. They encourage folks to research and then ask a legitimate question!
I am sure they do. Can't say that I blame them. Still, some of them can go a little overboard with it...but learning can be a painful process and I feel like it should be sometimes in order to burn the lesson into the mind. Sometimes one has to put pride second to gaining a little knowledge. Especially a noob like me who's just trying to learn the best care and keeping I can.
I love it here. And I'm old school. I can take it. Lol

jc55

Arachnoknight
Welcome Janet and this is definitely the place to learn.

SherwoodOutlaw

Arachnopeon
Thanks so much! I appreciate it :). Good to know Tom is a good resource! I really like his stuff. I am glad people are straight up, I want to know if I am being dumb when I am lol. I am so excited to learn! I have been doing hardcore reaserch so I don't fall into the bad care sheet trap. My boy was misslabeled as a pinktoe and almost drowning because of course the store kept him dripping wet all the time. Won't be going back there.

jc55

Arachnoknight
But if you do your research you can generally find the answer but there really is no dumb question,just the ones not asked......;)

Lorikeet

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone,

I’m Lori. I’m new here and to the spider hobby. I recently purchased and caught several jumping spiders. They are so cute. The bonding process is going well, but I’m not handling the tiny slings just yet. I’m afraid ill lose or squish them. So far my collection consists of 6 P. Regius slings, 2 P. Adumbratus juvenile, a Plexippus Paykulli juvenile, and a P. Audax juvenile, all purchased. I also have a few wild caught adults; 2 P. Audax, and a Salticus Scenicus. I’m looking to get a few more species of jumping spider, I would love you have a peacock spider but that won’t happen since its illegal to export those from Australia. I will just have to admire them from afar. Well its nice to meet you all. I hope to see you around the boards.

-Lori