Introduce Yourself

TheDman30

Arachnopeon
Hello and good evening from the UK. My names Daniel but you can call me Dan. I used to have a Chile rose up untill she passed away 8 year ago. My kids bought me an early Christmas present as a surprise from a show last year and since that day, I have fallen in love with keeping scorpions so much so that I intend to hopefully breed the 3 that I have as well as expand my collection.

Arachnikon

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I’m Steve from Ontario, Canada. I got my first T 16 years ago now, she was a g. rosea. I currently have 9 (10 in house) one MM L. Parhybana, one unsexed p. Metallica (in pre molt and will be sexing this molt), 4x 3/4-1” b. auratum slings (have 5 but my 11yo daughter has claimed one as hers), one 3/8” p. Sazimai, and 2x 3/8” b.klaasi. I also have 5 L. Parhybana slings and 5 t. Albopilosum slings ordered up, set to receive in the next few days. I’ve read over forums here for a while to gain knowledge and info, finally taking the plunge and saying hi. My p. Metallica lives in a bio active vivarium, see photos. A161D555-AC0C-4373-B3DD-BA94F2167763.jpeg 7692BF67-90CF-45ED-8F39-2E3C7FBF9BC8.jpeg 455F24DE-343D-4B26-9A21-A5EF5B998E94.jpeg 0F2F5922-28EC-4966-BAB8-865BB0D00999.jpeg 060E2C01-BBED-4A57-9E9D-04C81A3EB03D.jpeg

datafox7

Arachnopeon
Hi, all! My name is Heather. New to the world of arachnids, have always been an admirer. Here to learn as much as I can, especially about regal jumping spiders! I spoke with someone today who mentioned that they are quite difficult to keep alive here in Alberta, so I'd like to figure out what I can do to make sure I can provide everything one of those lil guys need before I try! If you know of anyone who privately breed regal jumping spiders here in Canada, I'd love to speak with them!

Tattedfreak

Arachnopeon
Hi all I'm will, aka Tatted Freak. Tattoo artist tarantula keeper. I'm from boston mass. Hope I have the chance to learn grown and gain better husbandry tips along the way. Ty for having me

Last edited by a moderator:

Erica Clemente

Arachnopeon
Hi all! I have been poking around here for a bit, thought I had introduced myself before, but as I am not forum savvy I seemed to have not hit the last button. I am newish to the hobby. I have been keeping myself for maybe 6 months, but my husband has for a very long time. I even bought him a C. Lividus for a valentines gift years ago. I work for Petco as a dog trainer which is across the hall from reptiles. (No, I don’t do the care of reptiles and such but I have since been educating the person who does care for T’s) I personally have a juvenile A. Avicularia, A. Chalcodes, P. Pulcher, I think an adult T. Albopilosum, and the rest are slings C. Versicolor, A. Purpurea, Hapalopus sp. Columbia large, a P. Irminia, B. Boehmei. And my husband has a bunch of his own that would be silly for me to list here. I very much appreciate this being here as I am learning so much, I am a bit intimidated tbh to post at times but I will try to brave it. I am sorry for who I piss off with my questions or mistakes however noob I am to the hobby and to forums in general. I research constantly and am always open to learning my mistakes too.

Attachments

Jase

Arachnopeon
Hi all, i'm Jason. Long time member, but i've never actually posted before. I had a few T's some years back, but have recently decided to get back into having a few of these wonderful animals at home. It's been a bit of a surprise, to say the least, to see that a good number of T's have had their scientific names changed. Makes me feel like i'm starting from scratch again. lol

rhysie

Arachnopeon
hi fellas!! i'm rhys, just recently found this place maybe a week ago and only today actually signed up! i actually found this place when looking for advice on keeping isopods lol, really enjoying it so far! there's tons of valuable information and kind people here so i hope i can kind of wiggle into the community a bit! i can't wait to learn everything y'all have to offer ^_^ i don't currently have any insects other than a snail and some isopods xP but i'm hoping to learn more about tarantulas and eventually get one for myself! i'm super new to all of this and tend to be pretty scared to pop myself into conversations so heres to hoping that i'll be able to make myself post! i'm currently a student and get pretty busy so i might not be super active but i'm typing this while at school so that kind of shows how i prioritize my time bahaha. that's about it! i have a tendency to ramble so i'll cut myself short here ;3 really excited to get to know everyone!

jnet

Arachnopeon
Hihi!
I'm Jennette, also known is j.net or sometimes *grumble* Janet, if i'm ordering at Starbucks. I'm a Software Tester in Canada, I work remote full time, and spend all of my free time reading and metalsmithing.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I am "new" to the hobby in a way as I have not owned one before and am looking to buy my first. I have watched videos and been a fan of T's ever since I was a kid.
I worked in a petstore for a bit, but mostly did aquariums. Did not have T's while I worked there, in fact I never see them in pet stores around here.

I am actually looking at a few OW species but have not made a choice yet.

I am also not into the idea of handling myself. (Not against those that do really,just not something I have a desire to do)

Beena lurker for a bit, decided to make an account.

drie

Arachnopeon
Hey!
I'm Desimes. I study veterinary medicine and we always kept some invertebraes. I never liked milipedes and stick insects, they made me feel worried. So, now I'm keeping five stikies and four milipedes! Fight your fears they said... I love them. I have two Indian stick insects, three Sungaya inexpectata (incuding one male, yaaay!) and for milipedes two Centrobolus spendidus males and two Centrobolus splendidus mozambique females :)

Suspect

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone

I'm a 27 year old keeper from So Cal that got into the hobby a few months ago. I currently only have a couple T's, but that will be changing over the course of the next few months. I initially got a tarantula to overcome my arachnophobia, which has seemed to work, as I can't get enough of these animals now. Looking forward to what's to come in the hobby.

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
Hello! I am a 21 year old guy from Serbia who only recently got into Tarantula keeping,i've been keeping mantises a few years back,so T's are a totally new thing for me :) I have 1 Tarantula which was sold to me as Brachypelma Albopilosum. He's (I think he's a male) currently a little bit more than 2 inches in legspan :)

Here's a photo of my guy chilling. (This is a longer exposure photo,the light was actually very dim)

Curly Hair Tarantula by Sinisa Niksic, on Flickr

PedipalpPix

Arachnopeon
Hello! I'm a 28-year old newbie keeper, loved spiders all my life but I'm just now getting my first T. Why so long? Beats me, honestly. :p Currently only have a delightful little B. emilia sling as my first ever eight legged friend that just molted, so I must be doing something right!

OzzakInEire

Arachnopeon
how ya?
I'm Ozzak living in Ireland.
30yo just got in the hobby.
I have two Cyriocosmus Elegans slings in the mail. :)
And I can't wait to get them.

EBaker

Arachnopeon
Hello people,
My name is Ethan. I’m from San Jose, CA. Married with 3 girls, have a dog, a 115g fish tank with Tanganyikan cichlids. I’ve been into African cichlids for the longest and have kept many different species usually F1 and occasionally WC. Tropheus and Petrochromis are my favorites. Just recently got my first T. Already scheming on getting more...

Colby1100

Arachnopeon
Hey whats up guys? I live in Vermont and I'm 32 years old. Anyway Im new here and still trying to figure everything out. Seems like a good little community here. Currently I have a female Androctonus Australis, a few White Spot Assassin bugs, an Ivory Millipede, and a Scolopendra Dehaani. When I move into my mew apartment Im trying to add a Scolopendra Gigantea, Scolopendra Galapagoensis, or Scolopendra Alternans....Even though they seem very difficult to find right now. Anyway I attached a few pics. Thanks, Colby

Attachments

Cindi Ward

Arachnopeon
Hey, whats going on? I am from CT and I am 40 yo. I have two kids and a husband who does not get my obsession with T's. I currently have 6. I have a Grammostola porteri, a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, a Caribena versicolor, a Aphonopelma seemanni and two Tliltocatl albopilosum. I also have a cat and a few goldfish. I joined here to gather information and ask questions as I am new to the hobby.

SonicSkywalker

Arachnopeon
Hey! I'm Steph! Got my first tarantula, a Chilean rose hair named Itchy, 11 years ago. She's still going strong. I recently acquired 5 more tarantulas (currently listed on my profile) and decided to join a community so here I am!

Sgt7212

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! I'm John. I've had many reptiles over the years and currently still keep some. I've always been fascinated by all forms of nature, but a bit of an arachnophobe. After quite a while watching videos, reading and researching, I finally stepped into the world of T's and am enjoying it very much so far. Live in New Jersey, US Marine Corps Veteran, Harley-Davidson Salesman, Public speaker/ community outreach through an initiative I call The Warrior Heart (FB page in profile), single dad. Happy to be a part of a community with such an incredible wealth of knowledge and support.
IMG_9455.jpg IMG_0891.jpg IMG_0349.JPG