Introduce Yourself

MrCollective

Arachnopeon
Hello from Birmingham England!

I've been a T enthusiast for many a year and long time lurker of this board.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jingers

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone,
I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Jenn and have been a reptile lover still am, but reading and researching tarantulas I decided to buy my first 5 T’s.
I thought I was going to stop there, but I am planning and planning to buy more and now making my own enclosures lol....thanks to YouTube.

I have read about several feeders and happy to hear about Dubia roaches because I used to feed my lizards with Dubia’s. The question I have is will T’s eat Horn/tomato worms?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaance

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone and arachnoboard creators.
My name is Vincent, but i go by Vance. I'm from British Columbia, Canada.
I grew up terrified of spiders of all sizes, I became a father 5 years ago and two years into parenthood my son and I stumbled across Petco on The Dark Den on youtube. My son my was instantly hooked,we watched all the feeding videos, rehousing and pairing of T's. I was still cringing through out the videos but fast forward three more years, countless videos, youtube bloggers and recently my son lost interest in spiders... I on the other hand have found myself loving tarantulas. This past year I have been doing more reading and research opposed to just watching youtube about T's because I'm planning on buying my first T.
Alot my my Google research has brought me to numerous threads from this website, today I figured I might as well join because of all the info and hand on experience is very helpful, and appreciated.
My mind is set on getting a chromatapelma cyaneopubescens, I can't get over their beautiful webbed structures and the colours of this T.

Noesberry

Arachnopeon
Hello All.
the name is Noah from the UK.
I never understood having things with multiple legs as pets but, like most people here fell in love them.
I am new to the hobby with my Female Tliltocatl Albopilosum. (which i did extensive research for around 6 months to make sure i knew what i was getting into.)
And i'm already eyeing up others XD.

Thank you to all for keeping the hobby alive for sure o7

JolliMonkay

Arachnopeon
Hi all!

Jon here from Missouri. I've currently have 2 slings, P. murinas and P. regalis. I'm trying to instill my 2 year old in the beauty of all the tiny creatures of the earth, so far she slides her shoes on tries to stomp on anything smaller than our cat. That being said the slings are kept in a safe place. I've been in the hobby for a "hot minute" and if anyone has a revised copy of "The Tarantula Keepers Guide" by the Schultz' on page 29 there's a pic I took when I was still a teenager. Anyone out here from the old ATS boards?

Attachments

WolvesInSpaceMarines

Arachnopeon
Hello from Boise, Idaho. I just recently got into the hobby. I have 7 slings and am planning on keeping it there for as long as I can stand to. :) This forum seems nice, and I look forward to some good interactions!

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
Greetings from an undisclosed location near the Great Lakes.

Joined to do more research before getting my first T. (Commentary from knowledgeable humans is way more informative than reading websites, don't you think?) Anyway, I've wanted a T since I was a kid. I'm greatly looking forward to actually getting one....just want to be sure I have some idea of what I'm doing first.
Nice to meet you all.

Dennis Smith

Arachnopeon
Hi, everyone! My name is Dennis Smith. I'm from Oxnard, California. I currently have two tarantulas. Avicularia Avicularia and Avicularia Metallica. I'm fairly new so if you have any tips let me know.

Last edited:

CrabbyDave

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone I’m dave and I keep Vampire Crabs (Genus Geosama) and have done for 3 years now. Today I was doing a little research and came across a thread on here so though hey why not join. I do have springtails and Isopoda currently only used for clean up crews though.
so if anyone else keeps Vamps then please say hello.
DD21D86B-8D6F-4F9F-B86F-C5AF59D03E2E.jpeg

KellyManelly

Arachnopeon
Hey there I'm KellyManelly I'm a fan of cutsie crawlies and reptiles, from Ireland but live in England. Ive found this forum great for advice on one thing or another and everyone is so friendly.... Summary:- I really like it here 🤗☺

Harrow

Arachnopeon
Greetings,
Harrow’s my name, myriapods are my game, but I tarantulas and scorps are cool too, I do hope I’ll be able to get along with ya’ll~! Primarily here to get information on some of the crawlies I’m currently caring for, please treat me well.

Jeremy Johnson

Arachnopeon
Hey my name is Jeremy I live in Barstow California.
What I currently keep
A.chalcodes
Avic.Avic

I’m extremely interested in African species anybody with experience in em message me thanks

AnnU

Arachnopeon
Thanks for accepting into the forum. I bought my first Arachnid at the Melbourne Reptile show last weekend. C Topix. It joins our 65 other critters we care for. Enclosure is an Exo Terra unit, filled with a coconut based substrata. Fed two crickets yesterday, which were eagerly devoured.

Seemannnni

Arachnoknight
Hi, I'm John. I own an A. Seemanni and am new to the hobby. I love music and spiders as a whole, so if you ever want to talk about such I'm your guy.

Tsukengi

Arachnopeon
Hello I am Ken. I have a little girl Brachypelma Smithi Named Esbe
I'm here because I am new to Tarantulas and i believe that this website would help more then other places like youtuber communities since it is a community of fellow Arachnoparents and other parents too.
I would like to give my Esbe the best life possible by learning more of how to keep her and make sure she grows happy and healthy as she is my world despite how long I had her so far
I look forward to meeting you all and learning from you aswell!

Hass

Arachnopeon
Hey, I'm Hass! Long time lurker, first time poster! I've got a couple 'pedes (an AGB and some Ivories), and this board has been invaluable for those first few weeks of 'oh man I'm gonna kill them' and beyond!

TheDman30

Arachnopeon
Hello and good evening from the UK. My names Daniel but you can call me Dan. I used to have a Chile rose up untill she passed away 8 year ago. My kids bought me an early Christmas present as a surprise from a show last year and since that day, I have fallen in love with keeping scorpions so much so that I intend to hopefully breed the 3 that I have as well as expand my collection.