Introduce Yourself

SabrinaBoost

Arachnopeon
Hey, Name is Sabrina. 21, Born and raised in Kansas City, Kansas. Possibly moving to Florida next year, Ready to be on the beach! I work and manage a Car/Bike shop building race cars and custom sport bikes for Magazines and shows around the U.S. Starting to race/drift and i ride. I model part time also. Been keeping all kinds of animals and reptiles since i was very young and just recently started keeping Tarantulas. I now own 6 and always looking for more. :) Signed up to talk to other Tarantula keepers and hopefully do some breeding!

Poecilotheria Metallica (Gooty Sapphire Ornamental)
Monocentropus Balfouri (Socotra Island Blue Baboon)
Lampropelma Violaceopes (Singapore Blue)
Avicularia Diversipes (Sapphire Pink Toe)
Grammostola Pulchripes (Chaco Gold Knee)
Grammostola Rosea (Rose Hair, Pink Form)

Also have a Columbian Red Tail Boa Constrictor ive had since i was 14.

Excited to learn new info and meet new people! :)

CarpeGecko

Arachnopeon
Hiya!

Began my second foray into the world of arachnids yesterday. Got an awesome deal on a giant vinegaroon, two 1" P. cambridgei and a P. irminia at the Michigan Reptile Expo from some awesome breeders. My first tarantula was a rosehair and it made me so nervous not eating and never moving that I gave it up. I've been assured these guys will make for more interesting pets. Can't wait to see how they develop and learn more about them around here!

PS. I also keep leopard geckos and western hogs and studied entomology at Texas A&M for a few awesome years!

VioletChileRose

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone :)

I'm from the UK, and I have recently got a juvenile female Chilean Rose tarantula, called Violet. She's absolutely gorgeous :) I absolutely love tarantulas and I've wanted one for ages :-D I'll see you all around, I guess :)

Marmoore23

Arachnopeon
New to this Forum

Hello everyone I am Brian and i am a Marine that collects insects and now Tarantulas. I am studying Entomology in college and hoping to go all the way to my master's in forensic entomology. i got my first T a GBB on the 20th of November and I am now hooked on them. :biggrin:

MakinMuffins

Arachnopeon
Hello! I'm Melanie, recently got into the new hobby. I currently only have one t. in my possession. She is an avic.avic. (Pinktoe). Though I also own more exotic lizards, I have two panther chameleons and a razorback musk turtle.

Looking forward to getting deeper into the tarantulas.

SpiderLady79

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am back

I don't know if any of you remember me but I used to be on here a few years ago but went MIA because i had family stuff going on but I am back and missed talking about my T's I still have them and a few more and a few less :( due to old age but am glad to be back

BartDC

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone,

I'm Bart from Belgium and I've been keeping reptiles sinds I was a kid. I still have some gecko's and snakes, but tarantulas and centipedes are one of my favorites.
I looking forward to learning a lot from the people on this forum, on how to care for and breed certain species! :)

Bart

holetoledo

Arachnopeon
New tarantula owner here :)

Or perhaps it owns me! I got it about a week and a half ago, have been prone to calling it 'she' or 'baby' (haven't gotten the chance to sex her yet). She's a Chilean rose hair. Sits on her hollowed out log and grooms herself all day. I tried to feed her but she hasn't been hungry; not too worried because I have read tarantulas are finicky eaters. She was on pebbles the day I got her (Dec 3) but I changed it to substrate today. She seems to be very happy about it as she's made her first web since coming home with me.

Anyway, here's Baby!
image.jpg

Well I introduced baby so I guess now I should introduce myself! My name is Erica and I'm from New Jersey. I am a daycare assistant teacher at a Jewish Community Center. I have frequented this forum for weeks without posting and I find every post to be so informative!

I don't touch Baby unless necessary. She is a bit skittish. The only time I've handled her (with gardening gloves and a cardboard box) is when I'm refilling her water or today when I put in the new substrate.

hairyspideyfan

Arachnopeon
!! Hi everyone !!

I've always had a healthy respect for spiders, but I've always been fascinated by Tarantulas. So I decided to take the plunge and finally get one. I Wanted to do this properly, so I've been spying on this forum for a few months, (I think the sense of community and support is great!) And I got a copy of the 'Tarantula Keeper's Guide' which has given me confidence that I can provide a comfortable home for my T. So I've had my G rosea for a month she's settled in nicely, and webbed around her favourite 'chill out' area of her vivarium. However, I've had a few problems putting up the Christmas tree in there, as I can't close the lid after I put the star on top! :biggrin: (only kidding!) Anyway, I look forward to learning and chatting to Y'all!

moshpitpanda

Arachnosquire
Hi! :)

Hello, I am moshpitpanda! :p I've very recently become fascinated with tarantulas so I decided to join this forum! Hoping to further my knowledge on these creatures and I am looking forward
to owning one some day.

WickyCrawler

Arachnopeon
A big Hello to all you 8 legged hobbyists!!!

I am a beginner and proud owner of a female, Grammostola Rosea. I made my purchase through Reptmart and received her this morning. I fed her a half size cricket, which she accepted almost immediately. I have not bothered her much at all, as I want to give her a few days to become acclimated to her new home. She appears to be about 2.5 to 3 inches in diameter as far as leg span. I look forward excitedly to converse with members on this board and value the information and experience you have to share. I will do my best to help contribute in the future as well. :happy:

Raivynn

Arachnopeon
Just thought I'd introduce myself, since I just joined. :) I'm awaiting the arrival of my "first" T - Not technically the first T I have ever owned, but my first in about 8-9 years. My first T was a terrible choice of specie by me (I didn't have a clue), and I only kept it for about a year before I had to part with her. I had a Venezuelan Suntiger that was a nasty piece of work. She would have bitten me multiple times if I had given her the opportunity. The first escape from the vivarium, and once she was captured, she was rehomed within the hour!! Haha, luckily, I researched a LOT more this time into a little more appropriate species, and I decided on G. pulchripes! I actually ordered my sling from Jamie's Tarantulas, and I've already named him/her "Boris"...yeah, yeah, cliche, but I liked it. :D I look forward to learning more about spiders in the future...

And if you're wondering, the name is because my husband HATES spiders, and I'm a recovering arachnophobe. :)

sharksarecool

Arachnopeon
Hello. I'm not exactly sure what to say, other than I live in Wales and have a healthy obsession with keeping tarantulas, as well as the occasional snake.

DamonM

Arachnopeon
What up guys & gals!

I'm Damon, an 18-year-old super chill Canadian hippy who works much on photography. I'm from Drumheller, Alberta, Canada.

I've owned t's and other spiders since I was in the third grade and I still have one from that long ago. I quit collecting after I had about 6, and one of them died, sold a couple, and was down to 3. Now I'm strongly back into hobbyist tarantula owning and breeding and own 11 tarantulas now, (1 Suntiger, 2 Greenbottles, 1 Usambara Orange, 1 Pink Toe, 1 Brazilian Red & White, 1 Stripe-Knee, 1 Cobalt Blue, 1 Red-Knee, 1 Mysore Ornamental, and my super old Rose hair) and I plan on getting a whole lot more now that I'm older and more serious about the hobby. I hope to share what knowledge I have and gain much from others. I also hope this is a relatively friendly community, this being the internet so that's a big thing to ask but let's hope.

jam

Arachnopeon
I'm Back!

Hello!

I was active on Arachnoboards back in 2007. I had 8 t's at one time and I regret giving them up and walking away from this happy. I am a volunteer with a wildlife education program and we have a "Rose Hair". Although I feel like I am a beginner again my knowledge of Tarantulas has impressed my colleagues and I am thinking about jumping back into the mix and getting a Tarantula once again. Here we go...lol. I am not sure what I want and figure this is a good place to see what everyone is doing and to help decide what I am going to get into.

I am looking forward to having access to everyone’s knowledge!

Merry Christmas!

Jam

Katerina

Arachnopeon
Looking for my first spiderling

Hello everyone!,

My name is Katerina. I am Asian American, 19 years old, and a full-time college student. I hope by joining this forum, I can learn more about tarantulas and find my first very own spiderling. I am looking to raise an Avicularia Versicolor. I have a few spiderling enclosures ready, but I only plan to raise 1. I am considering to purchase one of those acrylics handmade enclosures once my sling becomes larger

I would be love to hear from other members who have advices for me and can education me about these beautiful creatures.

Thanks & Happy Holidays,
Kat

Last edited:

Holly123

Arachnopeon
Hi!

My name is Holly, I recently purchased a Mexican Red Knee for my son. I have become more interested in it than him. I love the spider and spend a ridiculous amount of time watching it do nothing. :happy: Im really happy to have found this site cause I think I was driving the guy who sold it to me crazy. I have so many worries and questions. I have already learned a lot just from reading some of the threads here. Thanks for being here. I hope to learn a lot more and have some of my fears put to rest.

Have A Great Day Everyone!

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well hello there...not an intro, but a re-intro. I was quite active on here from 2005-2010, but due to a spiteful ex was forced to give up my collection (thank you Philth for always being there for me) and eventually faded away from this forum altogether. I am still in touch with some of you via Facebook and am still very much a cyber junkie. I will definitely pop in here every so often and I plan on starting a small collection once again.

Kim Nedbo

Arachnopeon
Hi..my names is kim an loves spiders

hi i am a man of 36 from denmark. who have great interest in edderkopper.har even 54 pieces right now big and small . so I can get different females I can try and breed. with when the time comes there to have joined me on this page pgr in denmark is not the same interesse.og knowledge. which arachnoboards.

xTimx

Arachnoknight
Hey there everyone :) my name is Tim, living in Saskatchewan Canada. i'm a newbie when it comes to having T's but i learned ALOT...and i mean.....ALOT. and looking through alot of vids such as RobC's vids and Jon3800's vids, i know i have gained an immense confident mentality to keep some of the more challenging T's while still maintaining a HUGE respect for them.

my collection so far is:
1" sling P. Pederseni (unsexed) named Wraith
1" sling P. Metallica (unsexed) named Fluffy 2.0 (soon to have, theres a story behind the 2.0 part)
3/4" sling GBB (unsexed) named Sapphire
2" G. Pulchra (possible male) named Black Velvet

put in a deposit for a Xenithis sp. blue tonight.

more T's coming will be:
P. Antinous
P. Platyomma (hoping for a male)
A. Purpurea
L. nigerrimum
P. Irminia
P. Rufilata

and i think thats where i would stop and draw the line lol.

thanx everyone and i look forward to reading alot of informative posts :) take care!

Tim