Introduce Yourself

shushu

Arachnopeon
hello! im shushu/susi and im a 19-year-old NEET currently (though going to uni this fall). im very new to the hobby and dont own any inverts yet, still just trying to learn! mostly into tarantulas (my favorite species is grammostola pulchra♡), though im interested in learning about jumping spiders too.

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Hi I'm Jeff and I'm a biologist. I manage a natural resource group for an environmental consulting company. Most of my work is wetlands, botany, and T&E species, but I've always had a soft spot for arachnids. I got to study arachnology and entomology from the scorpion expert Dr. David Sissom. That was more than 20 years ago as I'm in my mid forties, but I retained some of it despite never getting to use it professionally.

I'm happy to have found this forum!
Hey, welcome!

hello! im shushu/susi and im a 19-year-old NEET currently (though going to uni this fall). im very new to the hobby and dont own any inverts yet, still just trying to learn! mostly into tarantulas (my favorite species is grammostola pulchra♡), though im interested in learning about jumping spiders too.
Welcome @shushu!

tonyb24

Arachnopeon
HI!
I'm Tonyb.
Im new, im in my 20's, I live up in canada.
I am about to buy 2big spiders! And I am reading a lot on what I need!
I dont have em yet, but im really eyeballing those guys!

perfectheathen13

Arachnopeon
Hey all of you brilliant beings. I'm Jen. I about a year into keeping T and so far I'm have a thing for t. albos. I have 3 of them and 5 in total so far. Not a lot, but limited space and a 13yr old set on putting himself in a full body cast before his next birthday plays a part. I work in health care, I'm going to school for HVAC, I have cats, rats, and judgey betta fish.

Ellusionist

Arachnopeon
Hello all. I'm Gino located in Woodbridge, VA. Been in the hobby for a year as well and just had my first successful egg sac from a gorgeous Psalmopoeus irminia. Been loving breeding; so I plan to breed quite a few more species as well. My collection is spread across 47 species with a focus on stunning colors. My day job is systems engineering. As for other pets, I have a cute western hognose snake and some mantids.

Pandora77

Arachnopeon
Hello all I'm Rebecca. I started collecting t's at the beginning of April. So I'm fairly new to the hobby. I am already up to 12 t's. I'm not set on any one species I think they're all beautiful. I have B. smithi, hamorii, and boehmei. A G. Pulchra, and pulchripes. A. seemanni, and hentzi. T. Albopilosus, verdezi, and vagans. A L. parahybana, and a C. cyaneopubescens. The last is my favorite it's so beautiful.

Cicadellichic

Arachnopeon
hello,
I'm Lisa. I've recently reared scorpionlings of C. gracilis to adults and am currently caring for C bicolor scorpionlings. I'd really like to attempt rearing spiderlings.

Last edited:

xMissMichix

Arachnopeon
Hello! I usually go by Michi online. I've been interested in the hobby for a long time, and got my first T's about a month ago!
I lurked on these forums for a while before I joined, because there is a LOT of great info here, but I finally decided to jump in and say hi, and hopefully contribute as well. <3

Damlon

Arachnopeon
Hi, i'm one wildlife lover. I'm here to learn about spider and others. I was afraid of the spiders but i try to learn more and know them. And it's really better from i take picture of them.

Judymayes

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Hello everyone!new here from west central Indiana,I have hermit crabs and am trying to set up isopods to raise and use as clean up crews.
Sincerely Judy Mayes

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
Hello! I'm a teen that dreams of being able to buy a spider. I enjoy designing DnD and fantasy style bioactive terrariums. I first got into spiders when a friend gave me their parson spider a couple months ago, and started designing terrariums specifically for spiders!

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
Hello! I'm crow, I live in Jersey. I work entirely from home but grew up loving the outdoors and nature in all forms.
I lost touch for a while I recently found my passion again through researching Salticidae.
I'm learning everything I can, have kept some inverts prior but they lived their life to the fullest and passed.
Currently I'm going out into the field every weekend to examine local species of plants, animals, and insects.

I'm hoping to see some Habronattus, my favorite species. If you have one or have some sweet photography please show them to me!! :happy:
Its been really fun exploring outdoors (safely) more, and I hope to have a sweet lil spidey soon! I'm designing my enclosure as we speak :lol:

We have DID and vast, differing interests. But we all love them spiders. We also like millipedes, and mayhaps will also acquire one soon.
I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can and seein all the cute spoods!

PS if you have any literature / paper recommendations, pertaining to Salticidae but especially Habronattus, I'd absolutely love to know
Its very difficult to find any details about every species. Feel free to message me with your own personal experiences too, its all useful and genuinely appreciated.
Thank you

Natnibbles

Arachnopeon
Hey y'all!! I am Nat Nibbles from 🇨🇦 🥳

After dating all the wrong men who were terrified of my love for spiders, I finally went on and did it!! I got LoveBug on 4/20/21 😏😅 2 days later I have 6 slings on their way in the mail. And now I am obviously obsessed 🤣

I am super new to the hobby, but I spend way too much time researching everything I can possibly research!

Anyways I am SUPER excited to be here 😁

Attachments

sketchmo

Arachnopeon
Hey there! I'm Mo currently living in North Carolina.

After spending most of my childhood (I'm 20 now) being terrified of insects/inverts I developed a huge love of entomology from starting insect taxidermy! I've been looking at Millipedes and Beetles as pets for probably around 2-3 years now, and I'm looking at finally taking the plunge.

Ultimately I really want to try a breeding project that hasn't seen much, if any, success which is breeding O. Ornatus. I'm not starting out there, but I'm looking forward to documenting behavior at the very least!

ChiefinOnSomeSkunk

Arachnopeon
Hello to all who read this reply post,

I am Stephen and I own many scorpions. I currently have 30 and soon I will have more due to some being parthenogenetic. I keep only venomous scorpions in my collection such as Androctonus, Parabuthus, Leiurus, Centruroides, and Hottentotta. These species have been my favorite for a decade now and I am glad I got back into the hobby. Overall I will be using this site as a means to gain further knowledge on these species, and even pick up new knowledge on other species. As well as surfing the classifieds to add to my collection and even begin branching off into other arachnids/inverts.

retrogrouch

Arachnopeon
Hi there!
My name is Ian, and I am glad I found this place!
I have been lurking on this site for about a month reading as much as I could, and figured it was time to make a formal appearance.
I have been more of a reptile guy throughout my life, but finally am jumping into getting my first T. Since the weather this weekend has been dreary(Northeast OH) I have been watching Tom Morans videos and doing a lot of research here on the species I am thinking about.
Anyway, glad I found this place and am excited for my first T (hopefully in the next couple of weeks)

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I’m Ivy. Been on AB for about a year and have been keeping for around 2 years. I’m married to a husband who is just now seeming to come around to my Ts. He likes the scorpions though, and seems to enjoy watching the Ts eat and grow! I was a lurker the first year. I have around 30 Ts but who’s counting. Aside from Ts, I keep scorps, millipedes, assassin bugs, and some other arachnids. I also have one snake and pet rats. I’m 21 and I’m here to learn from others, and help others learn.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I love rats too! I don't keep them anymore, but they are still one of my favorite animals.
They don’t live long enough. I was reluctant to get more after my boys died, I had 6 boys. A year after I lost my boys I saw some girls and grabbed 3. It’s just hard with their lifespan, but they’re the sweetest things. Love rats!