Introduce Yourself

mynewself2000

Arachnopeon
Hello!

Hi guys!
My name is Zach, I recent bought my first Tarantula today. A beautiful little 2 inch A. Avicularia. I have an L.P. on the way as well and in the works to order a curly hair and a couple other easy keepers. The L.P. may not be a such an easy keeper but it was certainly a much better choice then an OBT! Anyway i will post a picture of my lovely little Avic and later on i will post a picture of my L.P.!

iamthegame06

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys! Im Jester, i just got into collecting T's a couple of months ago, i have 3 T's at the moment, a pair of B. Smithi's and a female P. Regalis.
I used to have a lot of pets, like different kinds or reptiles, snakes, birds, 9 dogs, a few wild caught insects/arachnids/spiders etc (people would always tell me that my room looked like a mini zoo lol) but unfortunatley, i had to sell or give some of them away after we moved into an apartment with a strict no pet policy :( I didn't had ANY pets for about 3 years, but i just recently got my own apartment and decided to collect T's as i've always been fascinated by spiders ever since i was a kid (i used to collect random spiders that i caught in the wild when i was a kid lol) so anyway, yeah..that's about it haha! I'm definitely getting more T's in the near future though! :D

Maverik

Arachnopeon
Hey Arachno parents,
I'm Maverik and I own a Chillean Rose Hair, She is roughly 1yr and a bit - 2yrs old. I have owned 3 other rose hairs but they didnt last more than a yr or 2 after I bought them and not due to the care I provided as I had rescued them and one was 5 yrs old,
they were all roughly that age upon death, and all males. This is the first female Ive owned and she just arrived at the store 1 wk prior to my purchasing her.
I was hoping that someone could help me out with the varience of our Canadian seasons and the Chillean desert?? Any and all help would be great for i want her to live to her fullest potential as she would in her native habitat!

---------- Post added 02-26-2013 at 07:01 PM ----------

The leg will grow back so no worries!!!!

Last edited:

Eddie Brock

Arachnopeon
Hello every1 I just purchased my first T .It's a A.avic figured I'd start with this girl and soon make my way towards the pokies.ive been doing research for months from RobC videos to Paul from Petcenter Care sheets.i guess we'll see how long it takes b4 I get my next T I'm already addicted ! Lol

natacha

Arachnopeon
Chicago

Hey there,

I've had my Colbalt Blue, Hap.Liv., for a year now.. she's about 6 years old and is my first T. That being said I don't handle her, just like to gaze at her beauty on the occasions that she shows herself.:alien:

Looking to get more involved in the hobby as I've been reading much and watching the forum for a year. Also I get worried when she burrows for long periods but don't have anyone to consult. Hope my next T to be less of a cave dweller ;) perhaps one I can hold. Eve (her name) is rarely moody or defensive though she does burrow and stay out of sight for stretches of time.

I'm in Chicago and I don't have any IRL friends who are tarantula enthusiasts. Hope that can change. I also have a dog, Mushu, who is amazing. ALways been an admirer of creatures and would collect small scorpions as a kid that we would find under rocks. Love snakes and lizards too... the tarantula sort of just came into my life and taught me so much. Fascinated.:cute:

:)
Tacha

retrogradeworks

Arachnopeon
My name is Elly :). I became interested in photographing insects and arachnids several years ago and have always wanted to try keeping. Unfortunately, circumstances prevented me from doing so :( (the people I shared a place with were squicked by them). Now, I'm in a perfect position to give it a go (thanks to my wonderful boyfriend)! I've read extensively on keeping and gone through care sheets, but I still wanted to start with something that would be relatively easy to care for so I can learn the ropes from experience. I ordered my first T's (Chilean Rose and a Curlyhair) from Kenthebugguy and they'll be here next week :D! I'm going to put together their enclosures this weekend and I can't wait to watch them. I'm very happy to have found this board, it's such a wealth of information :).

wingedcoatl

Arachnopeon
Greetings! This is wingedcoatl and I've been in the T hobby since 2008. I went through a long period after I found a black widow by my house that just about anything arachnid scared the crap out of me. I decided I didn't want to be afraid anymore and knew from life that the cure for fear is always education. I got my first little sling, a Grammostola pulchripes, from a reptile show across the state in Tacoma. "Fluffy" would be the first of many as it turned out, and she is currently gravid after being mated to two different males with the help of a dear friend of mine. If you had told me 10 years ago that I'd be enthusiastically looking forward to seeing dozens and dozens of little spiderlings I would have shuddered and called you loony, but here I am!

I'm actually so into the hobby now that I'm beginning planning for an invertebrate shop in my hometown of Spokane, WA. The planning page is on facebook under Webs & Burrows. Feel free to stop by and say hello or if you want pictures of some of my Ts. I'm all about meeting more people in the hobby as I have already met so many wonderful people in among the arachnophiles already.

GrumpyD

Arachnopeon
Hi all grumpy here. Haven't got any Ts so far, however I have been reading as much as I can on the hobby in preparation for my first T which will hopefully be within the next month or so.

Last edited:

Alistair

Arachnopeon
Alistair

Hi, I'm Alistair & I live in Crediton, Devon, UK. I used to be a member of the South West Tarantula Society UK but it has since folded. I have reared & kept, Indian Ornamentals, a Theraphosa leblondi, Hedgehog Tarantula, Chile Rose, Emperor & Israeli scorpions. My wife banned me from keeping Tarantulas, she has now left me, so I cam going to resume my love.
Can anyone tell me the most humane, easiest and best way to buy young, tarantulas of all the above, types and also Mexican red-knees? Based on where I live. Many thanks.
I am also an Artist, my website is:www.alistairiwcampbell.com & I have a new blog.

plantecarnivore

Arachnosquire
Hi everyone!
In first, I'm thirteen years old, and I'm french so, my english isn't perfect.
I live a side to Grenoble, in the isère department.
I love all the invertabrate, mainly arachnids. I've got a eresus walckenaerius male (before his slough, i thinked it was a female), and soon, i will buy a couple of heteropoda.
My hobbies are informatic, nurture my insects and arachnids, a little hiking and reading.
I hope have a good time on this forum.

SteelCity

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!! I'm a 25 year old from Sheffield UK.
Recently got a sub adult pinktoe tarantula and a juvenile heterometrus spinifer. I got the 'bug' for arachnids when I saw a video my girlfriend had made with her adult Chile rose walking on her head! :) Done most of my research on this
forum so thought I'd finally drop in and say hi!

Speak to you all soon!
Aaron

numinous

Arachnopeon
Hi all! I am older than I care to admit and have been involved with animals all my life. I am a former zookeeper, park ranger and state ecologist. I now own and operate a wildlife removal and relocation company in the NY metro area. I have kept any number of animals and once had a B smithi that lived for 13 years. I also had a squirrel monkey that lived for 16 years. I now have slings: L violaceopes, A diversipes, P metallica and E. campestratus. Good to be working with 8 legged hairy ones again.

Remingtonsteel

Arachnopeon
Hi I'm jack

I'm a Tarantula keeper with a small collection of five Tarantulas
I'm from Ireland
And I have a youtube channel where I have videos on nearly all of my Tarantulas[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

I'm very knowledgable when it comes to Tarantulas so any questions ,just feel free to ask

Kindest regards jack :)

cali2daboot

Arachnopeon
My name is Monique, but friends call me Mo or Nique. A precious Animals Science Major, I am pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Management and I should graduate October of this year. I am originally from Northern California, but currently live in Southwest Louisiana in the "Crawfish Capitol of the World."

Prior to returning to pursue my education I ran a municipal animal shelter. I created the standard operating procedures, adoption, intake, foster, and rescue forms that the shelter uses to this day. I also created the website that is currently used.

My health caused me to separate from that employment as it is a very stressful career choice. Choosing life or death for anyone or anything tends to get under your skin after a while. Statistics do show that career choice has a high turnover rate due to the aforementioned reason.

I am the single mother of three exceptionally bright and talented young men, ages 18 (college student), 17(high school junior at an esteemed boarding school), and 13 (eighth grade). My older two sons are disabled, but to look at them one would never know. The oldest has PDD (Pervasive Developmental Delay) an Autism Spectrum Disorder, and my middle son has a heart defect called an Aberrant Right Subclavian Artery ( I made eight funeral arrangements for him by the time he was a year old due to this). My boys are my driving reason for all that I do. From their infancy we have been on our own, striving to carve out a niche for ourselves. I am fortunate that all three of my children got into music or languages rather than the other things available to today's youth. As a family we attend church, their school band functions, and private music lessons. I can't play an instrument but love to sing. My oldest son plays clarinet, bass clarinet, flute, keyboard, acoustic and electric guitar, and drums. The middle son plays the flute, clarinet, keyboard, acoustic and electric guitar, keyboard and sings. My youngest son plays keyboard. So, yes, my home is quite noisy most of the time since not only do they have to practice for school band and private lessons, but also for their band Revamped (or whatever the newest name is now) as well. I am also mother to 3 dogs (all male), two cats (brother and sister), Quaker Parrot, 3 boas, and 5 T’s.

I love spending time with family and friends. My hobbies include horseback riding, animal training and rescue, muscle cars, and racing. (My ex-boyfriend can be thanked for the last two.) I also enjoy video games of all sorts, fishing, and horror movies.

I am new to this hobby and I look forward to learning more about T’s while watching mine grow into the beautiful yet mysterious creatures they are.

Es0ter1c

Arachnopeon
Hi I'm Aaron from Owatonna, MN

Inherited a G. rosea from a friend who couldn't keep her anymore. She just moulted for me and I discovered it was a girl. She's just over 4" and is a calm, quiet sweetheart. After that I'm off and running. Just ordered 3 slings this weekend for my first try at raising them. I am confused about what the numbers mean in front of some of the posts, though. They're #.#.# format. What does this mean? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Aa

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I am confused about what the numbers mean in front of some of the posts, though. They're #.#.# format. What does this mean? Any help would be appreciated.
The number of males.females.unsexed specimens you have. For example. 0.1.3 G. rosea would mean you have no males, 1 female, and 3 unsexed Rosehair T's.

BaddestRuffest

Arachnosquire
Hey guys im Chris, 29 years young I live in the UK. I'm new to the fascination of t's but im extremley excited to become a T owner, i have ordered a juvenile Chilean rose female and she should be here within the week weather permitting. I'm very artistic and creative so you'll hopefully be seeing some interesting set Ups from me soon:)

Es0ter1c

Arachnopeon
The number of males.females.unsexed specimens you have. For example. 0.1.3 G. rosea would mean you have no males, 1 female, and 3 unsexed Rosehair T's.
Thanks for that! I had a suspicion the numbers meant something along those lines but had no idea which was in which position, LOL

-Aa

Redthirteen

Arachnopeon
Hi guy's just tipping my hat. I first got into the hobby about 5 years ago and had a several NW Ts. Unfortunately I had to give them a new home due to my job but now I'm able to get back on track. Got my eye on an OBT and a P.Irminia right now ;)

PoorCrickets

Arachnopeon
Hey just like to say thanks first off, this site gave me the info to get into T's. I'm new to this but have done the research and can't wait to watch my slings grow. More pics to come.