Introduce Yourself

huskytusky09

Arachnopeon
hi yall lol

hey there im Julz, im kin d of new to the arachnid thing but i find it enjoyable now. had to get over the whole insect thing but its all good now. i have a B Emilia sling i am currently working with as my first T, i also have a Emperor Scorpion. its going good so far and i hope all goes well with him or her. you guys look like a bunch of awesome people who love T's and know a lot about them and i hope that you can give me a hand with some of the questions i might have about these awesome little creatures.

Raps2sick

Arachnopeon
WAAAZzzzap!?

Hey guys, My name is Roby from California. I currently own a Rose Hair Tarantula... Just got him/her yesterday. You can say I'm pretty new to this but I used to have one 7 years ago. Got rid of that one because we moved to a location that doesn't allow it (My aunt's house lol). Anyways, I'll catch you guys later.

johnharper

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I acutally used to frequent the arachnoboards alot. Recently I sold off all my inverts and snakes. I managed to forget my username and pass word cause it had been a while since I had been on arachnoboards. At the moment I have no inverts or reptiles but I am hopefully setting a up a sw tank soon for stingrays.

John

SchmitisGal

Arachnopeon
Tarantula Owner Newbe

Hey there everyone,

My name is Tanya, I live in Phoenix, AZ and as of yesterday became the mommy to an A.Schmiti from Sedona, AZ. HE is beautiful. I am new to the Tarantula ownership gig, but have always been in enthralled with Tarantulas. Weird, I don't look at them as another Spider. I know they are, but they are so unique and amazing to me. I am really excited to see where this takes us.

I will post pics of him appropriately and look forward to getting to know all about you all and share my experiences with you about "Schmiti" and I's interactions.

Because I just got him yesterday, I am trying to let him adapt to his new home for a week and then I want to begin the "bonding" process. :biggrin: He is adapting well and actually caught and ate his first cricket this morning, as we had breakfast together. lol. Thanks all.

Tanya

helixrose

Arachnopeon
Hello, I'm a lifelong arachno enthusiast, extending into bats, snakes, ever notice most all of the most gifted and exciting creatures living are the ones people fear most? That makes no sense to me. :/
Anyway, my aunt who used to keep praying mantis she caught outside in her dad's empty cigarette boxes and let them out to crawl all over her, gave in to her lifelong dream to keep tarantulas. Since she was living with us at the time and my room was the warmest in the house, I got to be the official landlady! :) I eventually made space in the collection to keep my first emperor scorpion, which for some reason fascinated me even more than the T's, and set up a desert enclosure for my hairy scorpion which may hold rank as my favorite arachnopet, he was gorgeous and I was really proud of the tank setup. I've always figured that although fancy habitats may not be strictly required, if I can create something that approximates the native environment as closely as possible the creature will have a better chance of being well adjusted and able to behave normally which, for me, is the greatest reward of all. Also I started keeping giant millipedes and most recently keeping orbweavers in screen topped aquariums stood on end. That was several years ago now and at this moment in time I don't have any arachnopets as I'm hoping to find a place of my own soon, but as soon as life settles down I'll be able to get back into it. I've also spent some time in the Amazon seeing some of these creatures in their native environs which needless to say was freaking awesome. :D
This looks like a brilliant place and I look forward to learning from you all!

Last edited:

johnford

Arachnopeon
Getting Back into the Eight-Legged Pets

Hello everyone,

My name is John and I live in Canada, I am 19 years old and when I was a child my father use to have two tarantulas one been a brizilian white knee tarantula and the other one I can't quite remember I believe it was a mexican red knee taratula but don't quote me on that. Anyways, in recent years the policy of exotic pets and tarantulas have been pro/con depending in which city/province you lived in so I long forgot about tarantulas partially because my step-mother was not a fan of them. Now been on my own one of my pets died and as the time went on I desired to seek a new pet.

Walking into a petstore I found a gorgeous rose hair tarantula (even though i know we shouldn't call them that...) so now it is all a matter of convincing my roommate of saying yes and I will be picking her up on Wednesday.

It has been a long time, I look forward to getting to know you all as well as my own spider that I will hopefully have the chance to get.

Insomyak

Arachnopeon
Hi Keepers..

I'm Ferdie from Philippines and started this hobby last 2 months ago. My first pet is an emperor scorpion which i bought to an inverts seller here on ph and she's on pre-molt right now,turning to 6 instar.. I actually came to this hobby because of my friend who also has a pet scorpion (Heterometrus Longimanus) who caught my attention and interest to this inverts keeping.. she's a pure black 7instar longimanus.. a very beautiful scorpion but at that time i don't have an idea what kind of scorpion was that. So i start on searching regarding scorpions species i found out that it was a Heterometrus Longimanus. I also found this Emperor Scorpion while searching on the net and many said that it is a docile scorpion. Perfect for a beginner like me. after a week of searching i bought a 1 pair of 5 instar Pandinus Imperator scorpion turn out to be male and female. Right now they are both on pre-molt stage. and i have some slings and tarantula.. hope to learn some breeding techniques and right way of maintaining these inverts. Many Thanks..

morrisnakes

Arachnopeon
Newbie Introduction

Hi there. I'm Aimee. I live in Denver, Colorado. I'm fairly new to keeping T's and I'm interested in getting to know some T people and learning more about them, though I've been lurking as a non-member reading all about them and watching lots of youtubes. I think it's time I join, introduce myself and converse. I've been many random animals over the years, I like them all. I have sort of been an arachnophobe until recently, but my son's interest in T's has pushed my into tolerating them and learning about them, and giving them a chance. He's wanted them for a long time, and done lots of studying, and earned a chance to have some as pets, and the only way to do that responsibly, is for me to be willing to care for them too in case he backs out. As responsible as he is, kids change, and I won't have any pet in my house not cared for!

Nice to meet you all!

HighFlyer

Arachnosquire
My name is Peter and im 20 years old from Monterey, CA. I've just recently got into the hobby and I couldn't be happier. I was never scared of spiders or tarantulas, but I never even considered keeping a T as a pet. In the last few weeks I've purchased a few slings and they are very fun to feed and wastch grow and develop their own little personalities. So far all my interactions on AB have been amazing and I'm looking forward to learning and growing as a keeper. Thanks.

satchellwk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello, my name is Satchell, and I live in west-central Alabama. I'm more of just a hobbiest than a collector, and I have a myraid of different pets. In the (terrestrial) invert department, I only have a scolopendra subspinipes that I've had for about 5 months, which has been one of the most interesting pets that I have ever had. I'm also considiring getting a pair of emperor scorpions, since someone near me is selling off their collection 5 bucks each, and I might try my hand at breeding. That is what brings me to this board, so I can have some help if I encounter any problems with my new endeavor. I look forward to getting to know others that are as (or, probably in most cases here, more) interested in invertebrates as I am.

Allanzo213

Arachnopeon
Hey, My names Allanzo, im 22 years old and completely new to Tarantula's and this forum, came here hoping to learn more about T's since I just purchased an A.Metallica at a local petshop, been reading a lot online about how to properly raise avics and started reading a lot about other species of T's as well. I used to play with house spiders and what not when I was younger and later on in life became afraid of them. Now wanting to be like that little kid who used to love spiders, decided to get one of my own haha. I live in Chicago, IL and have recently began writing music again, you can check me out at http://soundcloud.com/allanzo-1/summer-dresses my music is pretty much underground rap (atmosphere, grieves, slug and murs, cunninglynguists, typical cats, etc) I definitely plan on getting more Avics and maybe have at it with a few terrestrials!

-Allanzo

InvertFix

Arachnobaron
Hey there!

My name is Kyrena! So nice to meet you all! I'm very new to this site and I'm having difficulties uploading avatars, profile photographs, or any photographs to my gallery of all of my T's and Scorps. So if anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated!

I currently have:

(Vaejovis spinigerus- Striped Tail Devil Scorpion) Echinda

(Pterinochilus murinus- OBT a.ka: Orange Bitey Thing) Khepri

(Holothele incei- Trinidad Olive) Sakmet

(Poecilotheria miranda- Bengal Spotted Ornamental) Garrie

(Avicularia avicularia- Pinktoe) Kix

(Aphonopelma moderatum- Rio Grande Gold) Nefertari

(Egyptian Pillar Tail Scorpion- Orthochiras Innesi) Osiris

(Egyptian Pillar Tail Scorpion- Orthochiras Innesi) Isis

and a

(Pandinus imperator- Black Emperor Scorpion) Serket. (also spelled Selket, Selchis, Selkis, and Serqet)

Hellifino32

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hey everyone, I just lost my Chilean Rose after two years of fun, then the bad molt. Am looking to get a new spider for entertainment, and because I have the 5 gallon exo terra and I'm not about to let it just sit there.

I'm going to get an avicularia avic or versi and not really sure yet, not too worried. I want this tank setup to be complete with live vegetation before I look into an inhabitant. Thats what I'm here for, and to admire everyone's pretty spiders, and setups.

Feel free to PM me if you have any information. . .I'm looking for specifics here, I'm not a beginner to pet care, but I am with plants and terrariums. Just need specific equipment and plants for her to be a happy T.

or if i should start a thread or find one

Sweepstakes

Arachnopeon
Hey gang, my name is Andrew Eagar and I am currently a student at Tennessee Technological University. I'm 20 and just getting into the hobby and look forward to being a part of this community. I was a long time lurker and now that I've gotten my first T finally made a profile. Right now, I only have my MM L. Parahybana, but soon I will be getting my very first sling (a B. smithi) and hopefully many more to follow. It's great to meet all of you and I'm happy to be here!

Hantsche

Arachnopeon
My name is Aaron, I just recently caught a tarantula and have been keeping it shortly over a month. It is a A. anax, and I like taking care of it quite a bit. I'm 21 and a student at the University of Texas in Austin, majoring in Geosciences. I have several other tarantulas I want to get in the future. I have been on the boards for a little over a week now, and I have already learned a ton! So far it has been great meeting people on this site who are kind and helpful!

thelonecrow

Arachnopeon
Hey, I'm Liam, from Australia. I keep a few species of Phlogius, Selenotypus etc. As well as scorpions (Cercophonius, Liocheles, Urodacus), centipedes and other modern spiders and Phasmids. Although due to work requirements, my collection has shrunk quite a bit, down to around 50 individuals. I'm a member of a few Aussie base forums and look forward to seeing all the wonderful exotic species that we cannot legally keep over here!

BillMNJ

Arachnosquire
Hello all:

Bill from NorthEast NJ here...(new home of earthquakes and hurricanes apparently) <grin> Just getting back into the hobby and childhood obsession and am expecting a few interesting specimens (much to the familys chagrin).

I worked in the EMS field for several years in NYC and have been in the IT field for the last 20 years. I'm mature, sane and will not be uploading any u-tube videos of my newly aquired pets crawling up my arm or fighting each other... I have great respect for something that is potentially lethal and will count on the experts here for guidance as I progress in this facinating hobby.

Thanks all and be safe!

Bill

Lowriderchevy

Arachnopeon
Hey, i'v been keeping scorps for several years now and decided to join the forum. Have different species from tailess whips to "hots". These bloody forums are addicting lol.
Hope to have fun and learn some new things here :)
-LRC

kmsgameboy

Arachnopeon
Mantid keeper expanding his collection.

Hey everyone! My name is Jayson. I am 28 years old and I have been keeping mantids for years but have recently desided to expand my collection to enclude scorpions and a few other inverts. I am a father of a beautifull little girl, and I love animals, nature, mountain biking, computers, graphic/web design, art, science, reading/learning, and video games. I live in central NC but was born and raised in north western IL. I look forward to meeting a bunch of cool new people here and with luck hope to make some great new friends as well!

Ciphor

Arachnoprince
Hello from Washington

Name is Phil,

I am fascinated by spiders of all shapes and sizes. Have been keeping them as pets for half my life, mostly Araneomorphae - true spiders. Listing my pets right now would be long, as it is the end of summer and I've captured quite a few, finally found some Tegenaria agrestis, stoked to try and mate the survivors next year

Found this board in search of how to setup my new Theraphosa blondi cage, owned a few Mygalomorphae, but none that were tropical, great information too, thank you. Hoping to get a confirmation on sex as well once she molts (hope she!). Also maybe an age, as she is juvenile.