Introduce Yourself

rori

Arachnopeon
hey

Hey my name is Gregory I just started to keep tarantulas. I keep stingrays on the other hand. And, would like to get into this hobby because of the fascination of spiders I have.

Thanks

Greg

connjamm19

Arachnopeon
hi, i just figured that i may as well introduce my self as well, i live outside boston, and i am getting my first T sometime this week, and i am realllly excited to get into this hobby and im hoping to to get a versicolor and im wondering what everybodies thoughts are on what i should feed a half inch long versicolor sling from paul becker, im probably gonna end up feeding pinheads or small crickets cut in half but i figure that you guys are the experts, and know more than i do so why not ask.... thanks for the help

...ps a special thanks to ROBC for answering a lot of my questions about T's on youtube :)

knifeguy

Arachnopeon
Greetings from Romania, i'm Dan, owner of 1 lasiodora parahybana and 1 avicularia versicolor and probably more to come.

zteg

Arachnopeon
hello! i'm dyani from manila, philippines. i'm a newby on tarantulas. i got my first last december as a gift. and started as a sling at .75 0f an inch. a curly haired. it's about 2 inches now. i guess its about 10 months old already. i don't know its gender yet though... it just molted a while ago.:D my 2nd is a mexican red knee. a tiny sling at the moment. less than a half inch.

my interest is growing, yet i have a lot to know about this awesome creatures, so i was surfing regarding stuff about maintenance, then i stumbled upon a blog. http://socialpokies.wordpress.com/, then i found your link. so i decided to join then. hope to learn a lot from you guys!!!

Potenton

Arachnopeon
Hello =)
I've started with T's just last year, with a N. coloratovillosus
now I own this T's:
Nhandu coloratovillosus
Heteroscodra maculata
Iridopelma sp.
Vitalius sorocabae
Lasiodora sp.
Theraphosidae sp.
Avicularia avicularia/braunshauseni
Pterinochilus murinus
And growing up =D

non inverts, i have:
Tupinambis merinae
Boa constrictor constrictor

Thank you guys =D

xxJagerbombeRxx

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone!

I have loitered this forum for a little while as a guest so I decided to join in.
I live in Canada and I own a G. Rosea, it's my 2nd one, the last one i had was about 10 years ago. I still consider my self a beginner but, with a bit of knowledge. Once i figure how to post a pic i'll do that in the correct section.

Thanks!

KevinFrancisco

Arachnopeon
Super new to tarantulas! A little help?

whatup guys!!!

I'm Kevin. 21. From Philippines.

Im really a noob when it comes to tarantulas. I just bought my GRAMMOSTOLA ROSEA 3 days ago. Before buying i used the power of the internet to research about tarantulas. I read that a rosea is a good starter T so I got one.

Im really enjoying it right now. Kinda sucks though that I still have to wait for years for it to be big..She's just an inch now. I named her Quentin Tarantula by the way. It was after the multi-awarded Hollywood director Quentin Tarantino. I'm currently a filmmaking student and I love watching movies. So there...

Any tips on how I can speed up her growth? I'd love to see her all grown-up. :D

puck4u

Arachnopeon
T newbie

Howdy fellow (and experienced) fellow T keepers,

My name is Tony and I am from SLC Utah...Not a Mormon, but to each is their own :D. I have been a T keeper for about 3 months is all and have been amazed and impressed with these incredible creatures. I am 35 years old, 3 kids and a wife whom doesnt mind the T's, but wishes I took up reading instead :D. I did about 6 months research and reading on T's and keeping them before I purchased a G. rosea, then aquired a immature G. pulchra. Most recently, I wanted to try my hand at raising a sling so I now have a very tiny G. rosea and a A. avicularia, both of them are doing well so far. I look forward to my next few purchases as well as learning from you all about this awesome hobby :clap:

ken1224

Arachnopeon
New Collector.

Hi,
I just want to introduce myself and and thank every person here for
-the chance to join this forum. I am lurking around to learn about
buying my 1st tarantula This is the right place. After I buy I will post
again.- Ken:drool:

Zoghbi

Arachnopeon
I am just starting out in the tarantula keeping hobby. I will have many questions for all of you and look foreward to getting to know some of you. I am not much of a blogger so there might some time between posts. Thanks guys!

basset

Arachnopeon
hey

hello im Anthony,im 19 and i live in seaford in east sussex, i love all animals but have a particular interest in reptiles,amphibians and of course invertebrates. i spend most of my days relaxing,watching tv and chilling with my pets. i sound well lazy lol. have not been able to work for a long time due to ill health. i only have a couple of tarantulas at the moment but i used to have a nice collection of old world t's. i plan to build my collection back up again.i currently have a mexican redknee and an orange baboon so both ends of the spectrum lol. i have a dog,rabbits,guineapigs,gerbils,royal pythons and an african pygy hedgehog. i joined this forum because it will be nice to speak with people who share the same interests as me because most people think im crazy. x:}

Tank Buster

Arachnopeon
Hi, all I decided to join this community because just yesterday I caught a nice looking Tarantula and I am looking for some info on them. Awesome community you guys got here and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Arachnids for life!

Xenomorph

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone,
I have logged time with you is as much about Scolopendramorpha exchanged here. And these animals are my passion:D

pro crastinator

Arachnopeon
Hello all, my name is Mike and I live in Tallahassee, Fl. with my wife and 3 boys. We are new to T keeping and so far really enjoy it. We currently have 2 roses unsexed that are approx. 3". We hope to be expanding our collection soon!!

seezilla

Arachnopeon
another intro

Hey guys,

I'm Lisa, just got my very first T, g.rosea of course. I named her Rozilla Spiderfox, or Rozilla for short.

I guess I am hooked. I found a lrg Wolf Spider in my house and mistakenly thought it was a Texas Brown juvvie. Let him go because he was obv doing a great job of eating the bugs around my house, but something weird happened. I wanted a real T and started researching them, found someone who was selling Ts and the rest is history.

I'm 29 yrs old, mom to two wonderful kids who are excited to go on this adventure with me. My chubby hubby is skurred of spiders, but for some reason, now he wants his own Ts. Go figure. LOL Other than that, I'm sure we'll figure each other out as we go.

creepa

Arachnoknight
so may i introduce to you.....

Hi,

my name is Jesse im from the Netherlands....
I'm into T's for 9 months now and seriously infected with te T virus:)

As most people i started with 1 T but i rapidly expanded the collection to 9{D

I live in a small villagen near Amsterdam with my girl and her 4 year old son.
Furthermore beside T's i have 2 cats 1 male and 1 female.

And then here are my T's:

1.0.0 Brachypelma schroederi
0.1.0 Grammostola rosea
0.1.0 Hysterocrates spp.
0.0.1 Hysterocrates "gigas"
0.1.0 Pelinobius muticus (ex C. crawshayi)
0.0.1 Poecilotheria ornata
0.0.1 Poecilotheria rufilata
0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus rcf (obt)
0.0.1 Selenocosmia crassipes

If there are any questions just shoot...

Best regards,

Jesse.

Sutekh

Arachnopeon
Hi,
I'm Brad. Live in the Tampa, FL area with my wife and a houseful of pets.
I got into T's over 2 years ago. I'd been interested for a while, then finally took the plunge and have loved it ever since. Of course, the original 2 that I had planned to keep has now grown to 11, which I think in the T world passes for restraint...lol!