Introduce Yourself

MetalRavioli

Arachnopeon
Hey! I'm new here, but not as new to bugs! I'm from Massachusetts and I have a few inverts myself! A colony of porcellio scabers, Dig-Dug the blue death feigning beetle, some atopochetus caudalanus, and soon a dynastes tityus larvae! I also have reptiles and fish :> (extra Roger photo)

IMG_0029.JPEG IMG_0016 (1).jpeg IMG_0009.JPEG

Butterbean83

Arachnopeon
I've not been on for a while until recently so I'll introduce myself properly. I'm from Runcorn, in England in the UK. Interested in so much Reptile and Invert wise. Finally getting my first on Wednesday I will get my Nebo Whitei Scorpling.

Any Invert keepers feel free to add me on Facebook as it's linked on my profile. Always keen to see people's stuff and talk animals 😁😁

Hi all, I'm Lilly & I'm new to the hobby.

I have some severe mental health issues & strange as it sounds, spiders help me immensely.
I was afraid of spiders previously but months of insomnia had me learning about Jumping Spiders in the early hours & that was the gateway spider! I got my first in February of this year.

I have now got:
10 jumping spiders
8 x Phidippus Regius
1 x Phidippus Ardens Female
1 x Phidippus Morpheus Male

14 Tarantulas:
1 x Caribena versicolor.
1 x Brachypelma emilia.
1 x Brachypelma albiceps.
3 x Brachypelma Hamorii.
1 x Lasiocyano sazmai.
1 x Lasiodora parahybana.
3 x Tliltocatl albopilosus.
1 x Grammostola pulchripes.
1 x Lasiodora klugi.
1 x Grammostola pulchra.

Butterbean83

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I'm Lilly & I'm new to the hobby.

I have some severe mental health issues & strange as it sounds, spiders help me immensely.
I was afraid of spiders previously but months of insomnia had me learning about Jumping Spiders in the early hours & that was the gateway spider! I got my first in February of this year.

I have now got:
10 jumping spiders
8 x Phidippus Regius
1 x Phidippus Ardens Female
1 x Phidippus Morpheus Male

14 Tarantulas:
1 x Caribena versicolor.
1 x Brachypelma emilia.
1 x Brachypelma albiceps.
3 x Brachypelma Hamorii.
1 x Lasiocyano sazmai.
1 x Lasiodora parahybana.
3 x Tliltocatl albopilosus.
1 x Grammostola pulchripes.
1 x Lasiodora klugi.
1 x Grammostola pulchra.

I get where you're coming from with the mental health problems. I go through them myself and been interested for a while although if you told me that as a kid that I would, I wouldn't be able to imagine that. Became really ill physically and unable to do weights anymore just go for walks now so I was able to finally get into the hobby, having things like this are good for my Asperger's which is in addition to the mental health so it keeps me happy.

I have
1 x Nebo Whitei Scorpling
1 x Scorpio Maurus Sub Adult (I think it may be female)
1 x Chilobrachys Huahini Juvenile
1 x Chilobrachys Natanicharum

I got my Nebo Whitei last week
Got the rest today.

It was a Mystery Box I got today. I had asked for Terrestrial Slings and a Scorpion/Scorpling. I got 1 Fossorial Juvenile Old World Tarantula and 1 Fossorial 1 cm Old World Sling lol.

I was hoping for a T Vagans and another New World but Still... The Ts are beautiful that I got and I have experienced people I can seek the advice of as I have a lot of Facebook friends in the hobby.

Have you ever thought of Scorps or are you more just a spider person, I love both but I find Scorps much easier, slower, not quite as defensive, and some are beautiful.

Here is my Israeli Gold Scorpion (Scorpio Maurus) I got today... IMG_20240423_141313998.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I get where you're coming from with the mental health problems. I go through them myself and been interested for a while although if you told me that as a kid that I would, I wouldn't be able to imagine that. Became really ill physically and unable to do weights anymore just go for walks now so I was able to finally get into the hobby, having things like this are good for my Asperger's which is in addition to the mental health so it keeps me happy.

I have
1 x Nebo Whitei Scorpling
1 x Scorpio Maurus Sub Adult (I think it may be female)
1 x Chilobrachys Huahini Juvenile
1 x Chilobrachys Natanicharum

I got my Nebo Whitei last week
Got the rest today.

It was a Mystery Box I got today. I had asked for Terrestrial Slings and a Scorpion/Scorpling. I got 1 Fossorial Juvenile Old World Tarantula and 1 Fossorial 1 cm Old World Sling lol.

I was hoping for a T Vagans and another New World but Still... The Ts are beautiful that I got and I have experienced people I can seek the advice of as I have a lot of Facebook friends in the hobby.

Have you ever thought of Scorps or are you more just a spider person, I love both but I find Scorps much easier, slower, not quite as defensive, and some are beautiful.

Here is my Israeli Gold Scorpion (Scorpio Maurus) I got today... View attachment 471608
Thank you for sharing that.

I totally understand, I'm also Autistic so the two make each other worse!

I've not thought about scorpions, but they look amazing, so never say never!

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Apparently I have been lax in welcoming the new ppl to ab so many new introductions 😊
Hello all and welcome to ab 😉 the weird but wonderful site of invert info and imo one of the bests communities out there 😁 yous are in good hands, any questions, queries, or curiosity just ask there is usually someone that knows on here 😆