How did you find Arachnoboards?

DalugnirCC

Arachnopeon
Good ol' Google led me here from research I was doin'. Think you guys were one of the first results I believe, so that's cool :p

Sought you guys out because I had a bit of an odd question on the cuisine side of things for our spider friends (long story).

Schmo

Arachnopeon
I found it googling for info about Florida Ivory Millipedes and joined up a few weeks later so I could chat to fellow enthusiasts.
It'll be nice to talk to someone about tarantulas without them going eeee why do you have them/you should stamp on them/they're disgusting etc etc.

Zed21

Arachnopeon
I was googling various species of latrodectus and more specifically care for various types and ended up finding this forum. Pretty glad I found this place given how much neat info there is.

CindyMoon

Arachnopeon
Same as most people here, through Google. Most questions I had led me here, so I ended up registering. Plus, most of the info I found that seemed legit, was here.

Williefloda90

Arachnopeon
I've known about arachnoboards.com for years (circa 2006) but That was 10 years ago and I wasn't so sure that i'd fit in. I was new to the hobby 10 years ago. I feel more confident in my knowledge now. I had forgotten all about AB for a while, and when i went looking for someone selling a Cobalt Blue, and it brought me back to the good times i used to have waiting for the day i'd fit in amongst people like myself

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
My husband had joined the European arachnology boards (something like that) and I was trying to find it, but found this one first. Can't say I'm disappointed.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I stumbled across arachnoboards quite by accident about six years ago while Google searching something or other bug-related. I don't remember what it was anymore, but most likely it was either care sheets for something I'd recently found/purchased or trying to find a good place to purchase additional bugs. For the first five years or so after I joined, I didn't really participate much - just posted a couple of questions and lurked around, searching the forums for information as needed. Honestly, I felt a little intimidated to just jump in to the discussions with all the people who were so much more knowledgeable than myself, but this year I finally got around to participating actively and - while it can be an incredible time-suck - I am enjoying it immensely.

Nephrite

Arachnoknight
I introduced to Arachnoboards from a complete stanger, from about a year and a half now. Here I was at Petco, about a week into my first tarantula, G. Rosea, buying some feeders. While browsing through, I met someone also looking through some feeders. We had a conversation, on what pets we kept. Coincidentally we both cared for T's! I was fairly new to the hobby, so this guy introduced me to arachnoboards, where I fixed false info I got about T's from other sources, and met this great community to learn and laugh. I really wish I asked that guy for a name or something back then, he's probably on these forums right now, but I just don't know the lovely fella that brought me here sadly. But whoever you are in these forums, If you ever read this post, Thank you!

basin79

ArachnoGod
Google at a guess. I came here to sign up recently to find out my username and email address where already being used. Had no idea I'd signed up.

USMCVET

Arachnopeon
I was directed here by TarantulaSam on Youtube when I was watching one of his videos.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
I walked out of a pet shop one day, once again discourage at the price tag listed on the 2-2.5" b. Smithi (149.99) sitting in a horrible tank with water gel as its only method of getting water, I thought...there must be a better way?

I heard a voice emitting from space itself, or so I thought, I could see no one around, nothing in sight. It is only now that I realize the goddess herself directed me to these forums, she invited me.

You know, and google

bluecatfish

Arachnopeon
Google Search. I don't remember the exact search words, but I had decided I wanted a Brazilian Black and was looking for more info on them.

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think I posted in this thread a few years ago... but what the heck I'll go again because I need the active member posts haha.

The answer to the question is quite simple and stupid for me.

Google

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
I belong to a few Facebook groups and in one of the groups a girl posted a pic of her newest T addition. I just loved her pictureson and some videos she was posting. I talked a lot with her and she answered a lot of questions I had. Eventually she told me about this forum, since I had expressed my interest in getting one for myself. She said to come here and I'd find all the info I needed. She was right.

RickHedge

Arachnopeon
Was researching for what T I wanted to get, to get myself back into the hobby.
This site showed up at the top of the search results. I've been lurking for a few months, decided to officially join today.

TimTarantula

Arachnopeon
I'm just curious to know how most people find out about the boards.
if you used google or something, what did you search for?

here's my story:

I had a lab with a guy a few years back, and we became good friends and I had told him about my T(one at the time) he got interested and got a few. one day he showed me the boards, we wasted many a day looking at pictures of T's and reading bite reports.

about a year later I remembered it and joined up. :)
I found it just by searching for information about T's.