holy grail of tarantulas?

Ryoga

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not to be unimaginative, but man do I love my P. metallica... Gorgeous!!

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My male and female G. pulchra. Just waiting on the male's next molt until maturity:) I like all my T's though:p

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well the holy grail for me is my 3 Theraphosa Apophysis;-)

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
TBH, i dont know.. is pose the T i would like atm would be a communal group of Chicken spider (Pamphobeteus sp.)
thats suposed to be approx 25-30cm and highly sociable.. NO pokies sociability skills come so much as near ato the pampho, they hunt, AND eat together!!!! imagine waht 5 fork off huge spiders could take down when each is more than willing to take a chicken on their own and carry it over 40ft through jungle flora!! sheesh!,
one of my own Pamphobeteus 'South Equador II' is
already about 23cm or so i cant imagine what these chicke spiders look like!(Got a stunning little man in there atm - hope all goes well and he lasts for the other 3 females iv got waiting for him!)

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Cyriopagopus Singapore blue, both theraphosas, Xenesthis, and 2 Selenocosmia are my prized ones. But i am in love with my avics as well!!!

harveythefly

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have only two words...Tapinauchenius purpureus...this has to be one of the most beautiful spiders i've ever laid eyes on...sadly only in pictures:(

if someone told me i could give up a part of my anatomy and recieve any tarantula of my choice for the sacrifice, this would be the spider i'd pick

Harvey

Ryoga

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
TBH, i dont know.. is pose the T i would like atm would be a communal group of Chicken spider (Pamphobeteus sp.)
thats suposed to be approx 25-30cm and highly sociable.. NO pokies sociability skills come so much as near ato the pampho, they hunt, AND eat together!!!! imagine waht 5 fork off huge spiders could take down when each is more than willing to take a chicken on their own and carry it over 40ft through jungle flora!! sheesh!
Oh, man, I'd forgotten about these.. Weren't they recently discovered? Amazing stuff!! I'd love a group of these!!

Tarantulanursery

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my two cents

i seen a picture of a p.tigris female and i should have saved the picture. it looks like tiger colors with some purple, to me it stands as number one hot right now.

DavidRS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Alot has changed in the hobby since this thread was started. Some of the most expensive and desireable spiders back then are fairly commonplace now.

Mine is still the Red Headed Mouse Spider, Missulena occatoria from Australia. They are awesome looking and I have never seen one for sale at any price. And still illegal to export as far as I know. I may just have to travel to Australia and see coughsmugglecough one.:embarrassed:

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
....the Holy Grail at the moment is definately the G.albiceps....and of course I still don't have a P.metallica....
...I'll give a different answer when I obtain these prizes....:}
I MUST have a X.immanis, tooooo.....
And a......
And a........
:D

The_Thunderer

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, I've just recently got my Cyriopagopus sp. "blue" (Singapore Blue) female and my P. regalis out of the way... Now I want a P. metallica! I've seen one up close, so I want one even MORE! LOL.

Since that may not happen any time soon, I think the next one on my list is a P. reduncas...

rabbenco

Arachnopeon
Well i finally got one of the "holy grails" in the collection... Haplocosmia himalayana... rater crappy pic though

chandlermonster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My holy grail would be a tarantula so challenging to keep that it would prove beyond a doubt that I am a skilled keeper. Sure, there are T's that have all the color and luster of jewels, but keeping a lightning fast and super aggressive T without incident would be much more rewarding for me. I guess that's when I finally bought my first Pokies and OBT's last weekend. Hey, when you're ready, you're ready!

treeweta

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the spider i'd most like to aquire would be whatever species is pictured in russ gurleys little 'tarantulas of the world' books under the name of hysterocrates hercules. whatever it is, it looks big and evil and i'd love to have one, ok, it looks big hopefully it wasnt just the photo.

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As said before, the answer will differ. IMO I think that a T Blondi is and will always be the ultimate T. It's all about size. :)
My Ultimate, Must Have T is an M Balfouri. I just LOVE the Blue.
I would also love to try out the 'Chicken Spider' setup. Just have to get a big enough enclosure going. I would love to see R West doing a doc on these.

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I still really don't believe that any group of theraphosids hunt together. I'd have to see footage of that.