holy grail of tarantulas?

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
For me its the

Brachypelma baumgarteni :)

Dark there are some G.actaeon for sale out there if you are interested in one :)

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Where can i learn more about Stromatopelma satanas, and maybe a link to a picture.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
oh well, it's not that easy. i've got a p. metallica sling and a subadult female p. miranda. they are great and i have to admit that i won't part with them, though now that i'm moving in with my bf i have to reduce my collection by half :(.
but the spider i am most attached to is a 'simple' brachy. sure, i also get :drool: when people post pics of ts i don't have. but for me, it's not about scarcity or money, it's about behaviour and looks. only because a t is expensive and/or rare, that doesn't put her on my wishlist - she has to be gorgeous as well ;).
Dump the boyfriend; keep the spiders. :D

Mine is currently the C. schmardae, P. subfusca and P. tigrinawesseli.

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I believe it was described in 1917, but no pics? From what I have read anyway...

DavidRS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not really a tarantula but, a Red Headed Mouse Spider, Missulena occatoria from Australia.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well what is the description, and is there any chance that it could all be bogus?

Chilkootmom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just started this hobby but I have to say that I am facinated by my Acanthoscurria geniculata but I am already leaning toward purchasing an Avic. Versicolor...I am just taken aback by thier beauty...come shipping time I will be ording one for sure....and I really like the look of the ghostly looking ones maybe later when I have more experience I will consider more touchy species...

Linda

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
P. subfusca
P. smithi
E. olivacea
M. balfouri
Cyriopagopus sp. "black"

wonderfvl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what do u guys consider to be like the rarest and most highly prized of the tarantulas that people are just dying to have?
As far as sling prices, the holy grail seems to be Cyriopagopus sp. 'Singapore blue'. However, my holy grail(s) are my 'freebies'! Especially L. parahybana.

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Where can i learn more about Stromatopelma satanas, and maybe a link to a picture.
Theres no picture since the spider probably havent been seen since it was described 1917
Uniform black with red chelicera setae.
The area where it was found is one of the worlds worst war zones and has been for some time. Logging is also a problem in Central Africa so I wouldnt be surprised if this species is gone.

Jonathan Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
M. Velvetsoma!

Not exactly the holy grail but a species I've wanted for a long time and have not been able to find. As far as I know, no one has these in the US.

Am I wrong??

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Theraphosa blondi for me. Nothing beats a giant spider.

Wish I still had one.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
As far as sling prices, the holy grail seems to be Cyriopagopus sp. 'Singapore blue'. However, my holy grail(s) are my 'freebies'! Especially L. parahybana.
Aren't p. tigris slings going for more than cyriopagopus sp. "blue" ?