holy grail of tarantulas?

rabbenco

Arachnopeon
In Europe yes. C. Blue cost 30 euro there
actually less and tigrinawesselli are actually going for between 30-45€ here. The priciest T´ in europe at the moment is M.balfouri slings go at 150-200€

My own grail is the true Chilobrachys bicolor but these wont get in the hobby any time soon if ever...

Or maybe the blue Trigmopeus:? There a lot of nice stuff out there just waiting to be collected:D

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
actually less and tigrinawesselli are actually going for between 30-45€ here. The priciest T´ in europe at the moment is M.balfouri slings go at 150-200€

My own grail is the true Chilobrachys bicolor but these wont get in the hobby any time soon if ever...

Or maybe the blue Trigmopeus:? There a lot of nice stuff out there just waiting to be collected:D
Im not checking the prices more then every trhird month or so, its like watching the swedish currency drop ;)

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have to chime in on this one:
My holy grail of tarantulas would be:
Hemirrhagus [formerly Spelopelma] reddelli :drool:
The blind cave tarantula from the Rick West special.

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
what do u guys consider to be like the rarest and most highly prized of the tarantulas that people are just dying to have?
In my area, that's definitely Avicularia avicularia. Others might be more sought after in other regions, by if I had a hundred avics now, they'd be sold by dinner..!

Nivek

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My "Holy Grail" is P. irminia. To me, it is by far the most beautiful land animal, lol. Bright black, with bright orange...Man...*Gets a flashlight and peers into burrow* lol. {D

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, its your holy grail untill you get it than the next one that you don't have is your holy grail. Addicting for sure. :} Thats alot of the fun for me. I'm going to need the 12 step program soon because I'm running out of room.:razz: I guess first ill have to admit that I'm powerless against it?:?
I totally agree. It's an addiction. Once I get what I want, I'm already back at the FS pages thinking about my next fix.

I look at my little collection of baby spiders with such pride. I think the ultimate satisfaction will come when one of my slings matures and I know I was able to bring it all the way.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i thought about it for awhile lol...i guess my holy grail is different then alot of others but if you go by price....
P.metallica
X. sp "bleu"
M.balfouri
Pa. ultramarinus & antionous
Xene's
M.mesomelas

robbie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I totally agree. It's an addiction. Once I get what I want, I'm already back at the FS pages thinking about my next fix.

I look at my little collection of baby spiders with such pride. I think the ultimate satisfaction will come when one of my slings matures and I know I was able to bring it all the way.
yep I think a lot of people feel this way. I know I do.:D
But if I had to pick my ultimate Holy Grail I would have to go with anything from Phlogius or Selenotypus. I only say this because they just recently became available to the US hobby. Awsome T's I only have a euince right now but plan on getting some more.{D

Last edited:

mekkababble

Arachnopeon
My holy grail has to be the B. Auratum. Soooo goreous. What more could one want than a black and red spider that doesn't get annoyed at your presence?

Curse you, lack of funds!

robbie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My holy grail has to be the B. Auratum. Soooo goreous. What more could one want than a black and red spider that doesn't get annoyed at your presence?

Curse you, lack of funds!
I just got a sling from swifts for a good price.