Hidden Tarantula Treasure: Your biggest score!

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Got two adult female rosies for free (adopted). One came with an Exo Terra!
2 rosies: 0$
Exo Terra cage: 0$
The look on that lady's face who was gonna get them for her 5 year old son on impulse after seeing I just got both T's: Priceless

Some of the best things in life are free.
Some of the funniest things in life are priceless.

Kamikaze

@baboonmanila
Old Timer
my friend who resides near my place, gave me a great deal on T's
I got a good priced female Brachypelma emilia and even gave me a B. Vagans sling for free. :)

Last edited:

ttula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i was supposed to be getting 1 cyriopagopus sp. blue sling from someone for 40$...then right before i went to get it they said 'oh btw there are actually 2 in the cage, hope you dont mind'...THEN when i got home and went to separate them, i found a third one in there as well.

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know someone who needed to get rid of a few spiders quickly, and for less than I would expect to normally pay for an adult female G. pulchra, I got an adult female G. pulchra, an adult female B. albopilosum, and an adult female OBT.

I also got a Poecilotheria striata sling as a freebie once. :)

I have a B. boehmei female and a B. smith female - both of which I got for a LOW "unsexed" price on from the dealer, even though he sold them to me as females. They are so beautiful, and will be with me a very long time. ;)

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello "Fishstix",

I live in South Africa and get to find and photograph loads of different Harpactira species, the best being H. pulchripes. It's got bright yellow hair fading to an orange underneath the legs and gun metal blue on top of the legs.;P
would you mind to share a photo with us?

all the best,
Martin

Fishstix

Arachnopeon
I will gladly share a photo or two, I just got no clue as to how to upload a pic

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Two adult female C. crawshayis for $50.

Immature male B. albiceps for $20 and a few H. gigas slings. (I know a few people who own females)

Two A. purpureas for $70.

misfit762

Arachnopeon
went to the LPS and saw some adverts for acouple of T's at great prices. I called the numberon Wensday. Told them that I wouldn't have any money till Friday. She said they were moving Friday morning. She called me on Thursday and told me I could have them for free!

I got:
Aphonopelma hentzi
Brachypelma vagans
Grammostola aureostriata
Phormictopus cancerides
Supposedly, all females. All pretty big, the A. hentzi is the smallest at 3-4 in while the P. cancerides ans the G. aureostriata come in around 6in. All came with tanks.

ShellsandScales

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I bought 5 b bohemei slings and 3 are female 1 male and 1 undetermined!
I usually have great luck with male/female ratios

Katronmaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Two 'mystery Ts', one being a very dirty G. pulchra that was listed cheap on a pet store bulletin board, the other is still a mystery old world, which I got for half off on the condition that I could get that 'demon spider' out of the cage, and 15 dollars for a large old world T is a steal no matter what species it is. All we're sure is it is not an H. Lividum or an OBT, but I'm leaning towards some form of miscellaneous Haplopelma.

hardlucktattoo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I will gladly share a photo or two, I just got no clue as to how to upload a pic
if you have a photobucket just copy and paste the img code if not when you post reply there is a thing that says manage attachments click on that you will figure it out from there

troglodyte

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My boyfriend bought me a MM G. aureostriata complete with the enclosure for $15 from a flea market stand that was going out of business. She told us, "he's a gentle one to handle, but you gotta be careful 'cause if you drop 'em they'll open right up!" Anyhow, that was my first T (I'd had one years before but it died after I had it for a month). If my boyfriend could have fast forwarded a year and seen what him buying me that T lead to, I'm sure he wouldn't have done it. I now have 21 tarantulas, a jumping spider, and 4 slings on the way. He hates every single one more than the last. ..My arachnophobe boyfriend. :)

At the last F.I.R.E. expo in Orlando I stopped by Todd Gearhart's stand. I told him I had $87 in my pocket and he gave me the following for that price:
3" P. murinus
3" P. chordatus
A. versicolor sling
"E. pulcherrimaklaasi blue" sling
"E. pulcherrimaklaasi green" sling
P. regius (jumping spider)

James H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was lucky enough to get an adult female A. bicoloratum for $49 from a pet store in washington when I was up visiting family. Couldn't pass it up.

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I bought a 6" adult female Grammostola aureostriata for $50 that included a 15 gallon tank, lid, water dish, rock cave (really nice), and substrate. This was at the reptile show in Ft. Myers a few months ago.

They were asking $75, I asked "Would you take $50?", without hesitation they said YES! It is healthy and a great eater. They had it for a long time and were tired of her and unloading their only T on a table full of reptiles. Right place at the right time. :D kd

Fishstix

Arachnopeon
Image214.jpg

02122007061.jpg

The female with all the babies I believe is H. guttata, she is about 7-8cm I couldn't believe it when i found 13 babies (babies you can see must be at least 1,5-2cm) that I would have thought should have moved out of the burrow ages before...... maybe the species is H. tigrina as it looks the same as the pic of the other female which was found in tge Port Elizabeth area and according to all data that is the only species found there.

All the species of Harpactira I've found live mostly in burrows underneath rocks and other debris.

I'll post some pics of some more beautiful baboon spiders as soon as possible....

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
I'm about to pick up a Grammostola pulchra 5th instar spider for ~20$ (sadly only one is available). That price is awesome, especially considering that I bought a 3rd instar one for ~33.3$.
Will get some Ephebopus uatuman too. It's not much the price, but the fact that supposedly they are the first ones available in the country.