Hidden Tarantula Treasure: Your biggest score!

deez8legz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I knew a girl who worked in a petland. In her training, they told her that the T's they have are venom free :rolleyes:
That's even better. I like when people ask me if I've had their fangs removed. My response is always :embarrassed: they'd die with out them. I even heard of a girl in high school that was assigned a T to keep for a week or so and they told her (and she believed them) that the venom had been removed. :liar: That's stuff you just can't make up. Well, I guess they did.......{D

Arborealis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Got a B. boemi sling for a Christmas present.

Also bought a 3 1/2-4" N. chromatus for $45 and it molted a week later into a 5" beautiful ball of major attitude. Thinking it looks female too. Also got a free L. paryhybana sling with this purchase.

opticle

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i was gonna just get a phlogius. Stents, but then they said they'd chuck a free phlogius Vulpina sling and they upgraded the Stents from 3cm to 6cm for free;)

citizen_smithi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I picked up a juvenile L para for £10, molted the same week into a lovely just under 4 inches blue/black beauty, so I consider that a good deal! Also picked up a female (i'm pretty sure anywway but it looks undeniably round bottomed) A genic from a show for a measly £20, about 5.5 inches, was well happy with that 0 named her White-Knee Houston :rolleyes:

I guess my little B auratum was a bit of a steal at £18, it's about 3.5/4 inches and ready to molt. I'm hoping it's female too, it was sat beside an obvious very leggy looking male and looked so fat in comparison, so I chose it out of the two, fingers crossed!

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
ALL FREE :

1 - P.cambridgei sling
1 - N.chromatus (1.5")
1 - H.sp "Techira" (2.5")
1 - H. incei (1.25")
1 - C.elegans (.75")
1 - Avic. minatrix 1.5"
1 - Avic versicolor 2.5"
1 - Avic. avicularia 1"
1 - B. klaasi 2.5"
1 - B. emilia 1"
1 - B. albiceps 2.5"
1 - B. bohemei 3.5"
1 - B. smithi 1.5"
2 - B vagans 1.25" and 2.5"
1 - B. albopilosum 3"
1 - E.campestratus 2.5"
1 - C. cyaneopubescens 1"
2 - G. aureostriata 2" and 1.5"

Read the details http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=94683

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just got an adult T. blondi for $30! Sold as B. vagans!

GOMER113

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I bought three 3" B. smithi juvies for $40 each. One molted that day and turned up female. Another molted the next day and turned up male. The third molted a week later and turned up female.

reptist

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Best Deal!!

I traded a pair of Blood Pythons I got as babies for 45.00ea and had raised for 1 yr. for 3 adult female A purpurea, got a sac that night from the largest, and another 30 days after that the smallest laid a sac as well, I'd have to say that was my best deal yet, I'd make the trade again any day!! to be fair though the male blood was a striped morph and super looking snake, I missed him when he was gone! PEACE, B.

Ace Conan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Okay, seriously, these are some great deals people have gotten. So here is another. I propose best post/story on here gets a prize. One lucky member will get another treasure for their collection! Keep the stories coming and if you have favorites let me know. I'll pick the winner when the thread dies down a bit, and they will receive a prize and yet another story to tell about a killer deal! Share your favorites, and some ideas for prizes too! Thanks!

Zelli

Arachnopeon
I bought a female Aphonopelma moderatum for $35 today at a reptile expo.

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
4 Ceratogyrus marshalli slings (about ¾”) for 46$ (40$ if not counting shipping cost). :)

troglodyte

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I bought my MM G. aureostriata from a Flea Market stand that was going out of business. He came with the setup for $15. Not too shabby.

I also bought a P. cancerides from an LPS for $12. Not sure of the gender, but it sure looks like a lady!

Stamper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got a adult female cobalt blue for something like 25 bucks bc the pet shop was scared of it :)

gbbgirl

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sinapore blue ~Lampropelma violaceopes

I got my Lampropelma violacepes at 3.25 inches for $25. It was ventrally sexed as female, but stayed in the defense position the whole hour and a half ride home. When I put her in her 20 Gal tank she ran around like a chicken with her head cut off. SHE moulted into a 4" female a couple of weeks ago, and we had her out this week with no craziness.

I got my adult female H. lividum for free, with cage and heat lamp (that is now on a $ 20 blck and wht cal king).

I also received my B. alboposium and A. anax as throw' ins to a trade.
They were about 2 inches at that time. The curly hair is a girl.

I payed $ 1 for each of my 3 rosie slings. I got to pick them out of 135 babies!

I also got my royal python and her cage (but I upgraded to a larger one) for free.

I got my Lasadora parahybana for putting up posters.

I love a good deal. I'm waiting to find a P. Metallica at a garage or estate sale{D {D .

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My best deal was buying 6 Avic. sp. "Fasciculata" slings for £50 (approx $100) got an extra 1 free plus a P. miranda sling.
I then bought another 3 fasciculata's and got a freebie 1 for £25 (approx $50)

I got a gorgeous juvie L. para and a juvie G. rosea from a friend as a gift. Friends are great :D

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have a reverse deal ,I gave a friend my 10 year old female B.auratum .:)

Fishstix

Arachnopeon
harpactira

I live in South Africa and get to find and photograph loads of different Harpactira species, the best being H. pulchripes. It's got bright yellow hair fading to an orange underneath the legs and gun metal blue on top of the legs.;P