Hi everyone I'm new too the arachnoboards and I would just like to tell you my collection

Louise Nolan

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone

Currently up to today I have 8 in Total in order I got them from one. some were bad choices for a beginner but yeah
1.brachypelma smithi female
2.heterascoda maculata female
3.costa rican tiger rump female
4.haplopelma lividum (colbalt blue)
5.peoclotheria regalis (indian ornamental)
6.trinidad shevron
7.holothele incei ( trinidad olive )
8.cyriocosmus perezmilesi ( bolivian dwarf beauty )

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Nice collection! It's good to see you using some scientific names, I'd scrap the common names all together if I were you though. How long have you been keeping tarantulas?

Louise Nolan

Arachnopeon
Great list! Those are some beauties! Welcome aboard.
Thanks when I get new ones I'll keep all you guys updated might get a haitian brown

Nice collection! It's good to see you using some scientific names, I'd scrap the common names all together if I were you though. How long have you been keeping tarantulas?
I'm only ten and I've been keeping tarantulas for only a year I saved up alot

louise f

Arachnoangel
Only 10 years old. That`s impressive, welcome aboard ;) Hope you will like it here. Btw like your name :p:D

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
You should be extremely thankful to your parents, some of those species aren't a joke. Please be careful with all of them, but especially that H. maculata. A bite to a person your size will absolutely put you in the hospital, possibly worse if bitten in the neck or chest. This isn't me getting down on you, just understand what you have here.

Last edited:

Louise Nolan

Arachnopeon
You should be extremely thankful to your parents, some of those species aren't a joke. Please be careful with all of them, but especially that H. maculata. A to a person your size will absolutely put you in the hospital, possibly worse if bitten in the neck or chest. This isn't me getting down on you, just understand what you have here.
You should be extremely thankful to your parents, some of those species aren't a joke. Please be careful with all of them, but especially that H. maculata. A to a person your size will absolutely put you in the hospital, possibly worse if bitten in the neck or chest. This isn't me getting down on you, just understand what you have here.
Thanks alot for the advi
You should be extremely thankful to your parents, some of those species aren't a joke. Please be careful with all of them, but especially that H. maculata. A to a person your size will absolutely put you in the hospital, possibly worse if bitten in the neck or chest. This isn't me getting down on you, just understand what you have here.[/QUOTE THANKS alot for the advice and I have researched them trust me thanks for being so nice

tnerd93

Arachnopeon
feed the :troll:

no way does any parent let their 10 year old (9 when he supposedly got them lmao) get that many tarantulas without even researching them first

either that or the t's are actually his parents

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
to reply, just hit reply and say what you want. dont mess with anything.

i knew plenty at 10 as well. still, no way my parents would let me keep a medically significant species. i think either your parents dont know exactly what youre keeping or they trust a 10 year old way too much.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Trust me there mine and I have researched them and the h.maculata can possibly kill I know it sounds unbelievable but yeah
Wait, your parents know what these spiders are capable of, and they still let you get them? You're sure that you've told them the whole story?

Parents are supposed to make judgement calls for the child. Kind of the point of parenting. I don't care how much research or experience a 10 year old has, no one that age should have some of those species.

Just please be careful. Seriously mate, I don't think you understand how quickly tides can turn.

Louise Nolan

Arachnopeon
Wait, your parents know what these spiders are capable of, and they still let you get them? You're sure that you've told them the whole story?

Parents are supposed to make judgement calls for the child. Kind of the point of parenting. I don't care how much research or experience a 10 year old has, no one that age should have some of those species.

Just please be careful. Seriously mate, I don't think you understand how quickly tides can turn.
I did tell them but they said if I ever touched it they would give it to someone experienced I promise and on my life that I wouldn't touch it

My moms with me at all times when there fed

Alana

Arachnopeon
I have a 10 year old boy and there is absolutely no way I would let him keep most of those species. The H. mac in particular I wouldn't even have in my house at all while my children are still young, never mind letting them keep one. My kids aren't even allowed to get the corn snake out without me around.
Does your Mum keep tarantulas or have any experience with them? I just wonder how you would cope with an escape or a rehouse with some of those Ts.

Louise Nolan

Arachnopeon
I
I have a 10 year old boy and there is absolutely no way I would let him keep most of those species. The H. mac in particular I wouldn't even have in my house at all while my children are still young, never mind letting them keep one. My kids aren't even allowed to get the corn snake out without me around.
Does your Mum keep tarantulas or have any experience with them? I just wonder how you would cope with an escape or a rehouse with some of those Ts.
Trust me everytime I'm looking at them or feeding she's with me and her brother who sees me alot has had experience with tarantulas and snakes