Hi everyone I'm new too the arachnoboards and I would just like to tell you my collection

phillipthephiddipus

Arachnopeon
Schfwartteen-teen

Well, she clearly is if she's not letting you get them.

For the record, she should be far more afraid of true spiders. Just because tarantulas are bigger doesn't mean that their bite is worse. Quite the opposite.
Yeah, you're kinda right to be honest. At least my red knee can't climb and run super fast unlike my P regius. (Ahem,Ahem) escaped (Cough Cough)..

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Yeah, you're kinda right to be honest. At least my red knee can't climb and run super fast unlike my P regius. (Ahem,Ahem) escaped (Cough Cough)..
If my kid let a pokie get out, yeah, I'd be pretty upset too. Of course my kid would never have a pokie.

Also, all tarantulas can climb smooth glass. And all tarantulas are faster than any of us, even the largest lumbering T. stirmi.

phillipthephiddipus

Arachnopeon
If my kid let a pokie get out, yeah, I'd be pretty upset too. Of course my kid would never have a pokie.

Also, all tarantulas can climb smooth glass. And all tarantulas are faster than any of us, even the largest lumbering T. stirmi.
Oh. Well looks like it hasn't happened yet. I heard tarantulas falling to their death sometimes.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor

P regius = giant fuzzy cute jumping spider, not ornamental tarantula. not sure if you knew that from your post here.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
P regius = giant fuzzy cute jumping spider, not ornamental tarantula. not sure if you knew that from your post here.
I'm actually not familiar with P. regius, I assumed he meant P. regalis. Thanks for catching that.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I snuck a trio of Crotalus horridus in my room at these kids ages.. My dad came close to beating me when he found them!
I don't understand all these respectfull non defiant children these days.. what happened to pushing the limits and a healthy dose of adolescent rebellion!

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
I snuck a trio of Crotalus horridus in my room at these kids ages.. My dad came close to beating me when he found them!
I don't understand all these respectfull non defiant children these days.. what happened to pushing the limits and a healthy dose of adolescent rebellion!
I guess you rattled him, huh? (sorry I just couldn't resist it...)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I guess they make up for it when 21 years old...binge drinking and getting in trouble with the police

phillipthephiddipus

Arachnopeon
I'm actually not familiar with P. regius, I assumed he meant P. regalis. Thanks for catching that.
Actually, I meant to say that. My P.regius ls very very fast ad loves to hang out at the top. Never had a Pokie so I guess im missing something.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Actually, I meant to say that. My P.regius ls very very fast ad loves to hang out at the top. Never had a Pokie so I guess im missing something.
Eulersk thought you had a pokie escape, i corrected him by telling him what a P regius actually is.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Pokie is short for Poecilotheria genus, one of the more advanced genus of tarantula. EulersK thought you let one of those escape ;)

phillipthephiddipus

Arachnopeon
So something that's still highly venomous but isn't on the "List of top 10 worst bites" is okay?
I just realized how horrible and idiotic that sound. What I meant was anything not pretty dangerous Cupiennius, trapdoors, obt's basically anything like that.