Give Me A Hitlist

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
So the local-ish reptile show is coming up in about 2 weeks. I have some things in mind, but I want some more opinions.

Here are the requirements/preferences:

-New World (I can handle any NW, and I'm theoretically ready for OW, but I have a 6 year old sister and don't want to risk anything)

-At least one large display t, I have an empty ten gallon I want to put together into a nice display.

-Doesn't have to be exclusively t's, but most of what I get will probably be t's.

-Hopefully cheaper t's so that I can buy as many as possible lol, but this isn't a requirement if there are some truly awesome and slightly "higher end" species.

Send me some hitlists!!

EDIT:
Lol, realized it'd probably be useful to know what I have... well I'm too lazy to list them all right now, but basically all that's on my instagram (link in signature) except for my Y. diversipes which has passed (internal molt issues). I'm fine with hitlists that have duplicates of what I already have.

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
Anything Brachypelma. I love my Brachys! Nhandu chromatus, Acanthoscurria geniculata, or Lasiodora parahybana for the display tank. Anything in one of those three genera really. I just listed the most commonly offered species. Phormictopus and Pamphobeteus are entertaining to own, and can get quite colorful. Small colorful spiders like those in Hapalopus, Davus, Holothele, or Cyriocosmus are great IMO, and they don't take up to much space. Then there's the whole possible selection of Aviculariinae...

Man, narrow your preferences more! There's too many to choose from!

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
Oh, and from looking at your Instagram you have awesome tastes in invertebrates. Love the collection!

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Anything Brachypelma. I love my Brachys! Nhandu chromatus, Acanthoscurria geniculata, or Lasiodora parahybana for the display tank. Anything in one of those three genera really. I just listed the most commonly offered species. Phormictopus and Pamphobeteus are entertaining to own, and can get quite colorful. Small colorful spiders like those in Hapalopus, Davus, Holothele, or Cyriocosmus are great IMO, and they don't take up to much space. Then there's the whole possible selection of Aviculariinae...

Man, narrow your preferences more! There's too many to choose from!
Haha thank you, here are some more narrowed preferences I guess, but I'm open to anything NW!

-I enjoy large terrestrials.

-uhhhhh

-Well I enjoy dwarves too

-And average sized t's...

-Idk, I think it's impossible to narrow my preferences man, sorry!

-Just give a list of what you'd get on a $200-300 budget or so.

Oh, and from looking at your Instagram you have awesome tastes in invertebrates. Love the collection!
Thank you so much!!!

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
-Just give a list of what you'd get on a $200-300 budget or so.
This is what I'd do if I had your restrictions and I was at the show. I'll assume I'm buying mostly slings.

I'd pick up a Ybyrapora diversipes. Then I'd finish out my Brachypelma collection with B. boehmei, B. auratum, b. albiceps, and B. klassi if I could afford it. You can't go wrong with Brachypelma. An Avicularia purpurea and Avicularia juruensis would be on my shopping list as well. If I can find one I'd get my hands on the Ephebopus murinus I've been wanting. I'll grab a few Pamphobeteus or Phormictopus on the way out. I'm really enjoying my C. elegans, so another Cyriocosmus would be on my list too. One of the "lemon patches" in the Hapalopus genus is something I'd have my eye on.

I'm not looking for a big display T, but if I were it would definitely be Acanthoscurria geniculata.

To get all of these would obviously push me over budget, but the chances that all I want will be there is slim. Hopefully you're anything like me and this list if helpful :)

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
Also, get a GBB if you don't have one already. They're great spiders that everyone must experience at some point.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Also, get a GBB if you don't have one already. They're great spiders that everyone must experience at some point.
100%.... A while (like a year or more) ago I made a thread asking which t to get next. General consensus: GBB. I said, "Alright, I'll get one!" I never did. I NeEeEeEeD one.

This is what I'd do if I had your restrictions and I was at the show. I'll assume I'm buying mostly slings.

I'd pick up a Ybyrapora diversipes. Then I'd finish out my Brachypelma collection with B. boehmei, B. auratum, b. albiceps, and B. klassi if I could afford it. You can't go wrong with Brachypelma. An Avicularia purpurea and Avicularia juruensis would be on my shopping list as well. If I can find one I'd get my hands on the Ephebopus murinus I've been wanting. I'll grab a few Pamphobeteus or Phormictopus on the way out. I'm really enjoying my C. elegans, so another Cyriocosmus would be on my list too. One of the "lemon patches" in the Hapalopus genus is something I'd have my eye on.

I'm not looking for a big display T, but if I were it would definitely be Acanthoscurria geniculata.

To get all of these would obviously push me over budget, but the chances that all I want will be there is slim. Hopefully you're anything like me and this list if helpful :)
Thanks, that's a great list. Honestly, not a huge Brachypelma fan (I know, I know, heresy, blasphemy, whatever) I don't know why. However, yup everything else you mentioned is definitely on the table. Especially Ephebopus murinus (and other Ephebopus) and Avicularia purpurea, and some Phormictopus.

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
100%.... A while (like a year or more) ago I made a thread asking which t to get next. General consensus: GBB. I said, "Alright, I'll get one!" I never did. I NeEeEeEeD one.

Thanks, that's a great list. Honestly, not a huge Brachypelma fan (I know, I know, heresy, blasphemy, whatever) I don't know why. However, yup everything else you mentioned is definitely on the table. Especially Ephebopus murinus (and other Ephebopus) and Avicularia purpurea, and some Phormictopus.
And here I am trying to get every Brachypelma species :rolleyes:

Ephebopus cyanognathus is a species I acquired recently. It really is iridescent, like a Buprestid. And I can confirm that E. cyanognathus slings do seem to be arboreal. My one incher is on four inches of substrate, and it hasn't dug at all. It's made a tube web at the top of the vial like an Avicularia. It's a shame they become burrowers as they mature. An arboreal that looks like that would be awesome!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Megaphobema robustum u_u *

*display is a debatable word when it comes to T's, obligate burrowers has to be of best :troll:

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
And here I am trying to get every Brachypelma species :rolleyes:

Ephebopus cyanognathus is a species I acquired recently. It really is iridescent, like a Buprestid. And I can confirm that E. cyanognathus slings do seem to be arboreal. My one incher is on four inches of substrate, and it hasn't dug at all. It's made a tube web at the top of the vial like an Avicularia. It's a shame they become burrowers as they mature. An arboreal that looks like that would be awesome!
Haha willing to shell out $750?... Typhochlaena seladonia.

E. campestratus! <3
Awesome species, also on my list along with seemanni.

Megaphobema robustum u_u *

*display is a debatable word when it comes to T's, obligate burrowers has to be of best :troll:
Haha, I'm not 100% sure on this one... My house gets upwards of 90 degrees, not sure if the species would appreciate that.

Rosie O'Donnell

Ellen Degeneres

Toby Maguire

Sheia LabBeof

Oprah

Dr.Phill

Jack Black

Jim Carry
:borg::artist:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So the local-ish reptile show is coming up in about 2 weeks. I have some things in mind, but I want some more opinions.

-New World (I can handle any NW, and I'm theoretically ready for OW, but I have a 6 year old sister and don't want to risk anything)

-At least one large display t, I have an empty ten gallon I want to put together into a nice display.

-Doesn't have to be exclusively t's, but most of what I get will probably be t's.

-Hopefully cheaper t's so that I can buy as many as possible lol, but this isn't a requirement if there are some truly awesome and slightly "higher end" species.

Send me some hitlists!!

EDIT:
Lol, realized it'd probably be useful to know what I have... well I'm too lazy to list them all right now, but basically all that's on my instagram (link in signature) except for my Y. diversipes which has passed (internal molt issues). I'm fine with hitlists that have duplicates of what I already have.

Trade out your sister for some OWs, I guarantee you'll be happier ;)

Here's one for you

Large- YES, largest in the genus, males 6", females larger.
Fast grower- YES
Pretty - YES
Display- YES
Excellent Eater- YES

Species G. iheringi

Vezon

Arachnopeon
Trade out your sister for some OWs, I guarantee you'll be happier ;)

Here's one for you

Large- YES, largest in the genus, males 6", females larger.
Fast grower- YES
Pretty - YES
Display- YES
Excellent Eater- YES

Species G. iheringi

These may be much harder to find, but this species is incredible. It is probably my favorite of my collection. I love mine to pieces. It eats like a boss, is beautiful, and stays out in the open all the time.

I would recommend an A. geniculata or literally any Pamphobeteus species for the 10 gal tank if you don't want or can't find a good iheringi.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
These may be much harder to find, but this species is incredible. It is probably my favorite of my collection. I love mine to pieces. It eats like a boss, is beautiful, and stays out in the open all the time.

I would recommend an A. geniculata or literally any Pamphobeteus species for the 10 gal tank if you don't want or can't find a good iheringi.

Yeah I recently gave mine a rehouse, she needed it. I gave her a nice hide too, no interest in it. She hasn't used it at all, except to store cricket boli in it.

I agree on the eating. I thought my AF B. albo was a cricket compactor until my iheringi came along. Since she was a large sling (they are large slings) she's always eaten a lot and frequently. One of the few Ts I have that will readily take a dead cricket. She eats 3-6 large crickets in a single sitting, eats them all. Goes right back to it 2 days later. The interesting part is despite all the crickets she does eat, she doesn't put on the same bulk as others do. I knew that ahead of time, but still have no idea where she puts all that food.

boina

Lady of the mites
Definitly, get an iheringi. Large, fluffy, and much more active than your average Grammostola.
GBB is a given
I'd also second Y. diversipes - rainbow colors.
If you don't have a P. cambridgei yet, that one is a must, too. :)

Kayis

Arachnopeon
I'm going to agree with most species listed already and add a few. If you already have them than just disregard it. This is according to my preference and what I would target if I was on your budget. I won't be listing any OW.

A. geniculata
A. seemani
B. vagans
C. cyaneopubescens
G. iheringi *
H. colombia sp. l/s
N. incei gold/olive
N. tripepii
P. cambridgei
P. pulcher
P. sazimai
T. ockerti

* Not common and may be pricey. Even more so as a sexed female.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
And I can confirm that E. cyanognathus slings do seem to be arboreal. My one incher is on four inches of substrate, and it hasn't dug at all. It's made a tube web at the top of the vial like an Avicularia.
I'd heard of this beforehand so made a semi-arboreal setup with a few inches of sub for if it felt inclined to burrow and some fake plants as anchor points if it felt inclined to stay off the ground, it hasn't burrowed at all and opted to make a web den in one of the plants.

The interesting part is despite all the crickets she does eat, she doesn't put on the same bulk as others do. I knew that ahead of time, but still have no idea where she puts all that food
I found that weird as well, they're pretty slender and just don't seem to put on that much weight no matter how much you feed them, even when in heavy premoult they don't look that fat. The females are pretty leggy too, thought I had a male initially.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter

Here's my list of combined current haves and wants (all NW terrestrial) for you to pick some ideas from:

Aphonopelma chalchodes
Brachypelma albiceps
Brachypelma albopilosum
Brachypelma auratum
Brachypelma boehmei
Brachypelma emilia
Davus pentalore
Euathlus Sp. red
Grammostola iherengi
Grammostola pulchra
Grammostola pulchripes
Lasiodora klugi